Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree94Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    How do you expect better apps on a 7.5 device when most developer, when they do develop want to incorporate all new features.

The difference between your ipod/phone and wp7/8 is that your iPod and iPhone have the same exact is...wp7 and 8 couldn't be farther apart. They look the same but everything underneath is different.

Developers have to have two instances of the same app for wp7/8.
    Incorrect. A single app that will run on both 7.5 and 8 can be written. In fact the vast majority of the apps in the marketplace right now were written for 7.5 and run just fine on 8 as is, or with a minor update. Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    2,114 Global Posts
    It sux, nufff said :D
    cedarlog likes this.
    I prefered the clean interface and presentation of Windows Phone compared to the others. Not to mention I usually stick with Nokia hardware
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    Today a coworker wanted to show me a picture of her child she had posted to her Facebook page months ago and was having difficulty finding it on her iPhone. I pulled out my 920, hit her name in the people hub, she saw all her photo albums and we found the picture. She was very impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    Today a coworker wanted to show me a picture of her child she had posted to her Facebook page months ago and was having difficulty finding it on her iPhone. I pulled out my 920, hit her name in the people hub, she saw all her photo albums and we found the picture. She was very impressed.
    I love that too. Finding their pics before they can. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Incorrect. A single app that will run on both 7.5 and 8 can be written. In fact the vast majority of the apps in the marketplace right now were written for 7.5 and run just fine on 8 as is, or with a minor update. Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks.
    Like I said there will be two versions of the same app, when one is using the features "only" wp8 provides.

"Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks"

You said yourself, "the vast MAJORITY". last time I checked, majority doesn't equate to ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    I specified twice. Moron.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    No you didn't...plz quote?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Like I said there will be two versions of the same app, when one is using the features "only" wp8 provides.

"Please stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about, thanks"

You said yourself, "the vast MAJORITY". last time I checked, majority doesn't equate to ALL.
    No, we're talking about ONE version of an app. If you write ONE app that runs on both 7.5 and 8, that is ONE app.

Devs can make WP8 only apps which have additional features, and they have already begun to do this, but the point is they do NOT need to make two versions of any app to have it run on both platforms.

Yes, I said the vast majority, I did not say all, that is correct. One of the very few examples would be Spotify, which was written for WP7 using native code, which is unusual and required special permission from Microsoft. That app would not run on WP7, so it has been re-written for WP8.

The point very simply is that developers DO NOT have to make two versions of an app, that is a choice they can make. Spotify chose to write their WP7 app in native code with permission from Microsoft.

The vast majority of the WP7 apps run fine on 8. Most of the rest run fine with minor updates.

I can't tell if you're being willfully obstinate or if English is not your first language. Forgive me if it is the latter, I've tried to be more clear here either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    No, we're talking about ONE version of an app. If you write ONE app that runs on both 7.5 and 8, that is ONE app.

Devs can make WP8 only apps which have additional features, and they have already begun to do this, but the point is they do NOT need to make two versions of any app to have it run on both platforms.

Yes, I said the vast majority, I did not say all, that is correct. One of the very few examples would be Spotify, which was written for WP7 using native code, which is unusual and required special permission from Microsoft. That app would not run on WP7, so it has been re-written for WP8.

The point very simply is that developers DO NOT have to make two versions of an app, that is a choice they can make. Spotify chose to write their WP7 app in native code with permission from Microsoft.

The vast majority of the WP7 apps run fine on 8. Most of the rest run fine with minor updates.

I can't tell if you're being willfully obstinate or if English is not your first language. Forgive me if it is the latter, I've tried to be more clear here either way.
    You're funny, using that "English is not your first language" bit.
    Do everyone with half a brain uses that line.

English is my first, but I've learned two others.
    Sorry if trying to make me feel bad didn't work. You can't expect much from you now can we.

Most people think the IPhone is like air you have to have it to live.
    Thanked by:

- iPhone is too small.
    - I dislike the interface its boring
    - There is better hardware out there

- App situation is the best... but I have everything I need on my Windows Phone plus Xbox Music on-the-go is great
    cedarlog and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    2,114 Global Posts
    You're funny, using that "English is not your first language" bit.
    Do everyone with half a brain uses that line.

English is my first, but I've learned two others.
    Sorry if trying to make me feel bad didn't work. You can't expect much from you now can we.
    Please stop, I really cant tell if your joking or not...

I got my windows phone only because I switched from ATT & T-Mobile doesn't carry the iPhone yet, and I refuse to go back to Android....
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.

I already had 2 iphones and had enough time to play with them.

Always had to jailbreak them and then restore them back to factory cause it became unusable after a few months

I jailbroke it so I could be different from all the other iPhones

The tiny screen and it's tiny keyboard made my mistype a lot even with my smaller fingers, they felt fat :<!!!

I wanted something colourful that didn't blend into the sea of black white and grey phones out there no matter how beautiful they are.

Cause I wanted a MePhone....................
    Thanked by:
    baseballbert and Blu3V3nom07 like this.

Windows phone ain't all that either. Compared to apple. Apple works. Windows doesn't on a phone level PC yes.
    3 weeks tomorrow with my nokia and its heading back to at&t tomorrow. I'm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by uswebworx View Post
    Windows phone ain't all that either. Compared to apple. Apple works. Windows doesn't on a phone level PC yes.
    Works fine for me.

Global Posts
    2,114 Global Posts
    lol, what?

well enjoy the boring iphone. I have both but honestly nothing works better than Windows Phone or my Lumia 920. (I still expect Microsoft to get their finger out and plug the feature hole).

The live tiles, messaging, ppl hub, app store, the way the camera launches and gives more settings and fast uploads, mapping, Metro design, etc....all this just cannot be beaten.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456