BB10 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So, the presentation is going on! Let's discuss it? You guys like it?

I personally find the UI still a little outdated.

Also, ain't the hub just the same as the people app in WP8?

And the CEO is so..boring -.-

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thought i had seen the blackberry hub somewhere before...:amaze:

Corporate/Personal split is a winner though.

New BBM looks good though with video calling and device sharing live

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy the idea and concept of flow, actually what I hope that Windows Phone integrates into their multitasking technology. However, "real time" background tasks (usually useless on a mobile phone) generally does not bode well for battery life. There are trade-offs RIM, er, sorry, Blackberry is making here, and we'll see if they pay off. The Hub basically is a People Hub, however, it's a People Hub on steroids. One thing I wish (and Microsoft has begun this with the integration of VoIP clients) is the ability of developers to integrate their social networks into the People Hub. Also, I wish they had the ability to update those networks apart from the OS. Our Facebook integration should have the ability to at least accept friends and events.

Overall, I still don't think they have enough to "Wow" the Windows Phone crowd. And, apart from brand loyalty, they don't have the ability to strike the Apple/Google crowd. Microsoft has an entire ecosystem, starting with Windows and Xbox to woo customers. BB10 has boring presenters.

Also, on that note, I wonder if these presenters will take heat. Microsoft's presents (Ballmer and others) often take criticisms for their presentations. In my mind, this is mostly due to them not being named Steve Jobs and not working for Apple, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3