DeaconFrost1098

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is so focused on who will be the number 3 OS to dominant the market, but what if the market shifted? Now, I've posted before that I am a fan of both of WP and Blackberry and would like to see both platforms perform well and I think they can, but what will it take.

Will Google's effort to strip access from non android devices drive customers away and will apple's willingness to cannibalize their own product lines be their undoing? Will this provide enough of an opening and consumer backlash that will allow these two heavyweight underdogs come in seize the day? Just wondering

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Regardless of what apple does or Google they have fans and those fans will stay with them so I don't think they ever will falter. BlackBerry and Windows Phone will just have to wedge themselves up in the marketshare.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Everyone is so focused on who will be the number 3 OS to dominant the market, but what if the market shifted? Now, I've posted before that I am a fan of both of WP and Blackberry and would like to see both platforms perform well and I think they can, but what will it take.

Will Google's effort to strip access from non android devices drive customers away and will apple's willingness to cannibalize their own product lines be their undoing? Will this provide enough of an opening and consumer backlash that will allow these two heavyweight underdogs come in seize the day? Just wondering

Blackberry was getting a lot free advertisement on CNN today, just talking about BB10, plus the expensive commercials they purchased for the Super Bowl. I think it will really put Blackberry into the game.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what apple does or Google they have fans and those fans will stay with them so I don't think they ever will falter. BlackBerry and Windows Phone will just have to wedge themselves up in the marketshare.

If that were true,windows mobile would not have fallen, iphone would not have killed nokia, then android kill iphone, and.... whoever is next for number 1.

Look at the marketshare android grabbed in so few years. Like the product or company or not, this is an open field to plant.

Tomorrow could be a brand new day for meego, apple, bb, wp, jola, sailfish, ****, any mobile os.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
If that were true,windows mobile would not have fallen, iphone would not have killed nokia, then android kill iphone, and.... whoever is next for number 1.

Look at the marketshare android grabbed in so few years. Like the product or company or not, this is an open field to plant.

Tomorrow could be a brand new day for meego, apple, bb, wp, jola, sailfish, ****, any mobile os.

I'm still waiting for this to have it's day in the sun

nokia-gives-up-on-n-gage-mobile-gaming-phone-41261b04fd.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does the Q10 remind you of the old iPaq 6900 series with the big 3" screen and physical kb? Anywho, I believe that the mobile market place, like liquids, will find its own level. Some will gain while others will lose and we'll have a healthy, competitive balance. Before the torches come out to flame me, I'll give a brief history lesson. Back in the early 80's when Detroit could not give us any crappier cars than the Chevy Citation and Diesel Oldsmobiles, Toyota and Honda stepped up their game. Within a few years they were the cat's ass and everybody had or wanted one. By the end of the decade came the anti-Japan backlash and Detroit, Europe and South Korea became prominent again. Now you're seeing a robust lineup of very good vehicles to choose from. I do believe the same thing will happen with smartphones within a few years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills