christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a lumia 920 for me and my wife after hearing the 2 month delay for z10 getting to the states. I wanted to compare the 2 before buying but with the big delay made my mind up. I have been jonesing for a nokia 920 for a while, but using blackberry i wanted to wait until the "10"s came out. So far the 920 has not disappointed me or my wife; awesome phone! Although, i do not know how to utilize 90% of it but that is why I'm here and for another ( several ) posts. What i do not understand is the competition between bb and wp. Neither have a lot of users, but both have very powerful unique OS(don't kid yourself, BB10 is impressive). Peeling off users from apple a android makes much more sense. I see a future were bb and wp are up around 1 and 2 in sells, not fighting for scraps. I remember when the iphone came out apple was told to stick with computers and bb was the giant. Just 2 cents from a NEW WP USER! Thanks in advance for all your knowledge and advise that I am going to benefit from!

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, and have (not) seen, Windows/Microsoft has never had any sort of marketing strategy where they are trying to "steal" users and badmouth other manufacturers.

I may have, subconsciously, ignored such marketing and that may be cause of some ignorance caused by my pure love for WP 7.X/8 and Windows OS in general.

Anyway, welcome aboard! This is definitely the right place/forum to get help!

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I read the comments of Microsoft ceo talking trash about bb, but my comment was geared towards cb and wpcentral. You get a lot of the wp competition talk on crackberry as well.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Got a link to that comment?

He may have done that, but I have not seen Microsoft itself, as a corporation, go out with such a (visible) strategy towards other devices and manufacturers.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
No link, off handed comment, like yesterday: "BlackBerry makes a good snack." That is not my point though. I'm more referring to forums and users.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No link, off handed comment, like yesterday: "BlackBerry makes a good snack." That is not my point though. I'm more referring to forums and users.

That was Nokia and IMO there's nothing wrong with a little good natured ribbing. It's pretty tame compared to Samsung's constant sniping against Apple if you ask me.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
That was Nokia and IMO there's nothing wrong with a little good natured ribbing. It's pretty tame compared to Samsung's constant sniping against Apple if you ask me.

Totally agree with you socialcarpet. If you saw what commercial Samsung made by just smashing the BB completely, you'll be shocked :). Nothing wrong with a little advertisement by Nokia

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a lumia 920 for me and my wife after hearing the 2 month delay for z10 getting to the states. I wanted to compare the 2 before buying but with the big delay made my mind up. I have been jonesing for a nokia 920 for a while, but using blackberry i wanted to wait until the "10"s came out. So far the 920 has not disappointed me or my wife; awesome phone! Although, i do not know how to utilize 90% of it but that is why I'm here and for another ( several ) posts. What i do not understand is the competition between bb and wp. Neither have a lot of users, but both have very powerful unique OS(don't kid yourself, BB10 is impressive). Peeling off users from apple a android makes much more sense. I see a future were bb and wp are up around 1 and 2 in sells, not fighting for scraps. I remember when the iphone came out apple was told to stick with computers and bb was the giant. Just 2 cents from a NEW WP USER! Thanks in advance for all your knowledge and advise that I am going to benefit from!

Just curious... You were a BB user, so you know the whole story. BB 10 has been in the works for a while, and now it's finally here. But, you won't wait 6 or 8 more weeks until it's available in the US??

The 920 is a great phone so I don't blame you, I'm just wondering why you couldn't hold out just a little longer.

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, and have (not) seen, Windows/Microsoft has never had any sort of marketing strategy where they are trying to "steal" users and badmouth other manufacturers.

I may have, subconsciously, ignored such marketing and that may be cause of some ignorance caused by my pure love for WP 7.X/8 and Windows OS in general.

Anyway, welcome aboard! This is definitely the right place/forum to get help!

Have ya not seen Smoked by Windows Phone ads ? Also CEO has trash talked in a polite manner in press and MS biggest partner NOKIA doesn't keep their pie hole shut on other manufacturers launches!

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just curious... You were a BB user, so you know the whole story. BB 10 has been in the works for a while, and now it's finally here. But, you won't wait 6 or 8 more weeks until it's available in the US??

The 920 is a great phone so I don't blame you, I'm just wondering why you couldn't hold out just a little longer.

Because I do not believe in waiting for something better with tech. If you do you will never buy because something better is always coming out. I was fine with the phone I had, although growing increasingly unsatisfied, until 2013. The shell game of coming soon gets old. I planned on comparing z10 and then the 920, so it was not a settling for a 920 thing. I've wanted one since it came out. Also, att had a buy one get one free going so it was a win win situation.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree. I just don't see the point of going after a platform with a small user base. You see the same thing on crackberry.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the ribbing that Nokia made towards Blackberry as "going after" them.

It's Nokia making good use of marketing for cheap.

One of the things social media marketers want to do to increase the reach of their messages is to relate it to a current event. Any significant product launch or announcement is an event that they will want to comment on.

If anything, it's a compliment. The BB launch is seen as important enough.

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
The top 2 smartphone platforms are set - Apple and Android. Everyone else is fighting for relevancy at 3rd. When #3 is settled, the market may decide it doesn't need a #3. I'm rooting for WP, but I see an uphill battle.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3