Do you like having a dedicated camera button on your phone?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've always thought it was weird that the iPhone never had one. Kind of bothered me a bit since I'm used to hitting the side to take a picture. What about you?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I really like it. I haven't had a dedicated camera button since the OG Droid, and I'm glad I have one again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I had it back again. It's odd that I had an HTC One X which was touted for its amazing camera, but it didn't have a dedicated camera button.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love it. Sometimes I use my thumb to take a pic but not often than the dedicated button. I don't really like button-less phones or w/o camera shutter.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I get blurry pics when I use button and better pics when I use touch screen. Probably slight movement on my part, but I wouldn't miss it. Haven't used it in couple of months.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Only use it to start the camera. Pictures always are worse when I use it for taking the shot, similar to conanheath.

Personally I would prefer a multi functional button, and I would not miss it, if it weren't there.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It's nice to have a dedicated button for the camera but then, I only use it to focus sometimes and once I'm satisfied, I touch the screen to capture. Otherwise, I just touch the screen...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I love having it. I have enjoyed using it since the windows mobile days.

Great to be able to start the camera straight from my pocket or let someone use it without unlocking my phone. With is why like guest mode or kids corner. I can set my GPS and other apps that kids or adults can use without opening up my phone and its contents.

So yeah I like my camera button. I like focusing with the camera button most of the time, but will tap the screen to the pace I want focused too.

I've always been against using a cell phone as a pint and shooter, but things are beginning to change.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Like others, I like having the dedicated button to launch the camera quickly but usually tap the screen to take pictures. Although occasionally I do use the button

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck