02-03-2013 07:44 AM
- I was just on crackberry and I guess some of the blackberry fateful didn't care for the WP editors z10 article. It went on for 9 pages with some good insults being thrown back in forth. to the editors credit he represented himself pretty good. What amazes me is BB and WP both have smaller user bases but snipe at each other rather
than where the meat is, apple and Android. I love my playbook and my 920(48 hr owner and frickin love it, reviews don't give it justice) so I think they will both continue to gain traction. I hope so, I plan on using the 920 for a while and have stock in rim. 😁02-02-2013 12:10 AM
- It's all good. What gets me is the finality of it. One cannot exist if the other does. Also, apple and android are on top and that will never change so it's a battle for their scraps. QNX is an awesome operating system and I'm finding that WP just as awesome. With time and consistent marketing the landscape will change.02-02-2013 11:09 AM
- It's amazing the crazy level of fanboyism on both sides. But seriously, there's sheep littered all over the Mobile Nations site, so it is fine...we all like what we like.
If I were most, I hope WP and BB stay afloat. I personally don't think that iOS has a great reboot of their OS coming and that the market is slowly getting saturated with good hardware at the midrange and high end brackets...so Apple focusing on the high solely won't be sustainable. But hey, I wish them luck with that one as long as it drives innovation in the marketplace. If both platforms can remain relevant this year and offer better service integration, they can grab some Apple and Android customers but also new smartphone users...especially with WP.
Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 02-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.02-02-2013 12:17 PM
- Man, I just don't understand this who flame war thing. I haven't checked the Crackberry sit yet. I usually get along with them. I just thought Blackberry would be on our side, the Underdogs. I've had Blackberry before.. I dunno. Those iMore people f******g hate us though. I mean like really. Like, I've gone through those stuff, so much hate.
I dunno, my friend is almost an iFanboy. He has an iPad, a BB Curve, and he's had an iTouch and cheapo Android before. I wanna get a Xbox Infinity, and I have a PS3 now. I don't feel any hate towards any side. I have almost interesting ideas for PS4 Home integration and apps they could do for trophies and messaging.
A lot of that is neither here nor there. I just don't think we're even at war with Blackberry. Unfortunately, I do think there's a war, and its iOS and Android. I have an Android friend that hates me.02-02-2013 02:11 PM
- I would say that the hard core fans are iPhone and BlackBerry. I used blackberry for the last two years and would say that blackberry forum users are very defensive. On iPhone forums you get alot of condescension, although as of late a little bit of defensiveness is starting up. Android is like its operating system all over the place.02-02-2013 02:46 PM
- Hi. I am from CB, but I am beginning to frequent WP Central these days because I think WP8 is a great OS too and credit is due to MS, Nokia and HTC, even though I am a BB fan.
I really hope both sides can get along. I have seen mistakes on both sides. IMO we should all appreciate the efforts of all the companies here. More than this, blind faith to a company I think is just too extreme and even unhealthy, be it to BB (formally RIM), MS, Apple or Google.
I just want to say that I hope you don't take all of us BB fans as fanatical fanboys as we also don't think all WP fans are fanatical. And I hope we can have cordial discussions in the Mobile Nations community that can be beneficial to all of us
Cheers from Canada.02-02-2013 05:26 PMLike 8
Couldn't agree anymore my friend. I have an iPad, Playbook, Nexus 7 and of course a Lumia 822. So from personal experience I can say that every platform has its strengths and weaknesses. Some people I guess have the need to justify their purchasing decisions.02-02-2013 05:35 PM
- I think the whole idea of passports for different sites is bad in a way. It allows for guys from other sites to come and troll and leave again. I don't know if the WPC guys are going over to CB and trolling, but I know here we have some CB guys that like to stick around and do nothing other than make douchey comments towards WP.
I don't get why the BB fans are so intent on bashing WP whenever they get a chance yet they're too scared to do the same to iOS fans or Android fans. I sense a wee bit of insecurity on their part.02-02-2013 08:18 PM
- Oh right um, I'm not sure about any of this stuff. ~ But I've been pushing my friend to jump on BB10. His eyes were all amaze-balls when I showed him the final launch party reveal on Wednesday. He has that Curve now, and I'd rather him get back on BB, something I totally support than for Android to win another. I just don't see him with any interest towards WP so I don't push any. He seems to like that Instagram, so I'm like "cool."
I'ma stay on WP8.5 later this year because I actually pay for a ZunePass every month. Like, I Do listen to all the damn music I want, while everyone I know just does YouTube. And I like pinning stuff to my start screen. ~ But I sure do miss that giant red light, but i'm sure bbry has a patent on it.02-02-2013 08:32 PM
- Ahhh, death, destruction, malice, competion, fiery dissention.....
I guess if we swim in the waters of Mobile Nations, you will just bump into sharks. I have zero problem with it. If we didn't like the debate, we wouldn't stick around. I just draw the line at personal insults. If CrackBerry Addicts want to defend their OS over here, or flame WP over there, Koolness. Just so long as they know that blogs should be informative and factual, not written 3rd-grade insults. We have our problem children as well. But I think we have done a real good job of policing our site since our Moderators spent some time calling us out over it.
I do understand the defensiveness right now, though. So much has been written how there is no place for 4 OS's- either BlackBerry or WP will be third place, and the other will go the way of Derrick The Do-Do Bird and Darcie the Dinosaur. I believe that is just knee-jerk crap, but I understand it. Cheering for their favorite OS is a lot like the Geeks version of Sports Fanatics- you are truly invested in your team winning, and it physically hurts when they lose.
I will say this: I refuse to be "married" to an OS. I love me some WP, but if BB10 ends up being the better OS, I would switch. If neither improves and neither lives up to their potential, I won't buy either. I love Passport. It gives me a chance to learn, question and be a better shopper. Mobile is an important decision.
*steps off of soap box, decending back into WP Central crowd*02-02-2013 08:54 PMLike 7
And the OP that directly posted about Daniel's article has been butthurt since Thursday. He'll probably turn up in this thread later02-02-2013 11:05 PM
They can't control themselves. Its like Warcraft rage, its f*****g awful. ~ Anyway, the only thing I want is for XboxMusic to finally release their app on iOS. But, they're too zonked on TempleRun anyway. They won't really care, its not rdio. Meh!02-02-2013 11:50 PM
- By bigkevbosky in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
- By megextti in forum Apple iOSReplies: 4Last Post: 03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
- By megextti in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 02-25-2012, 01:29 AM
- By garak0410 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD