Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    JerseySal must be from the wrong side of Joisey, aka the state where on the major bridges it's free to get in but you have to pay to get out.
    Chip? Did you get that name from chipping your tooth on daddy's belt buckle? Lighten up chimp.
    ~Sal

Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    I'm glad we don't have fans like the soccer hooligans in other countries...that light fires, pollute, pillage, rape and assualt other fans. Oh nevermind...I forgot about Philadelphia.
    And Oakland..

Broncos Country!!!!
    From the CO and my 8X

Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    Sigh......

-SuperBowl ratings could have a team from Alaska against a team from Wyoming and STILL be over 100 million. Not buying the "ratings" discussion.
    -If they were worried about ratings in the future,"allowing" a SuperBowl winning, MVP showing from Colin Keapernick would be way more profitable. The mobile, do everything QB's drive ratings way more then a retiring LB that over half of America dislikes.
    -I will accept the last throw, the Ravens got away with the hold. A missed call, wow. That doesn't happen 2-3 times a game to each team. But, truly, it wasn't a factor because the 1) The reciver was pushing off, 2) they were both looking back for the ball, 3) The ball was uncatchable tossed about 3 yards over the heads of everyone (a ton of referees will not throw flags on uncatchable balls late in a game), 4) The 4 plays the 49ers called in the game deciding sequence did not play to their strength, and 5) The fact they were behind 28-6 had WAY more to do with their losing then anything in the endzone with less then three minutes left.

Heck, as a life long Tampa Bay Bucs fan from a kid when the expansion was awarded them, I understand this type of talk. I lived with cream-sicle uniforms with a winking pirate with a feather as a mascot, drafting 3 QB's in the first round (Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams) that I watched win SuperBowls with other teams, 16 straight seasons of 10 losses or more, 3 out of four seasons with the #1 overall pick, one time watching our pick (Bo Jackson) sign with a Baseball team to stay away from us, and of course the wonderful, never to be touched record of 26 losses in a row.

We finally get a SuperBowl win, and I find out 10 years later that players are saying the coaches threw the game. HEY!!! LEAVE MY SUPERBOWL WIN ALONE!!!!

But, I love me some football, so anything we can talk about that keeps it in the news, I am fine with.

About that faked moon landing.....

My Ninja!!!

Go Broncos!!
    From the CO and my 8X

Yes! Go broncos!!, been a fan since Elway... Who know ms next SB the brothers play head to head over un Jerz

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Guess who has the easiest schedule in all of NFL in 2013: Denver
    Team-by-team strength of schedule for 2013 - NFL.com

Guess who has the easiest schedule in the NFC in 2013: Giants
    New York Giants Have NFCs Easiest Schedule in 2013 | Giants 101 | Sports Media 101

Manning vs Manning Superbowl 2013!

Coincidence? I think not...
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,523 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    Guess who has the easiest schedule in all of NFL in 2013: Denver
    Team-by-team strength of schedule for 2013 - NFL.com

Guess who has the easiest schedule in the NFC in 2013: Giants
    New York Giants Have NFC’s Easiest Schedule in 2013 | Giants 101 | Sports Media 101

Manning vs Manning Superbowl 2013!

If that happens, I'll never watch football again.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    ninjaap likes this.
    Yes, I think so. The schedules are made with a formula. It isn't like John Mara (the NFL's chief tyrant by the way) sat down and arranged for his team to have an easy schedule next year. As soon as the regular season is done every team knows their basic schedule for the next season based upon which divisions they play the next year and the final records of that previous season.

So, yes, it is a coincidence.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebornempowered View Post
    Yes, I think so. The schedules are made with a formula. It isn't like John Mara (the NFL's chief tyrant by the way) sat down and arranged for his team to have an easy schedule next year. As soon as the regular season is done every team knows their basic schedule for the next season based upon which divisions they play the next year and the final records of that previous season.

So, yes, it is a coincidence.
    The international games kind of put a question mark in that formula.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    If that happens, I'll never watch football again.
    The road to the SB is laid out for them. All they have to do is not mess it up. That's where referees come into play.
    palandri likes this.
    The international games kind of put a question mark in that formula.
    The international games are picked from teams that have to play because of the in place formula for the schedule.
    Guess who had the hardest playoffs schedule last season? Ravens. And they won the Superbowl!

I really don't think the schedules have anything to do with it. But I heard the last 5 or 6 Superbowl champs played their first away game at the Eagles. Idk how true that is
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebornempowered View Post
    The international games are picked from teams that have to play because of the in place formula for the schedule.
    Interesting opinion. The formula was in place before the international games started, which was early 2000. If anything, the later introduction of London games, especially when it actually became a regular season game, complicated the formula.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Guess who had the hardest playoffs schedule last season? Ravens. And they won the Superbowl!

I really don't think the schedules have anything to do with it. But I heard the last 5 or 6 Superbowl champs played their first away game at the Eagles. Idk how true that is
    Like I said in my very first post, the Ravens weren't supposed to be in the SB. The Ray Lewis story proved to be more profitable.

Scheduling is only one way to give an advantage to certain teams. Its still up to the teams to make it.

I don't care who's in the Super Bowl next year. As long as the Broncos win!!

Mile High Country Baby!!!!!!
    From the CO and my 8X
    Laura Knotek likes this.

The OP keeps stating that the NFL saw the Ray Lewis story to be more profitable than anything else. Well the way i see it much of the white population of America hates Ray Lewis so if anything the fans would not want to see him win another SB.

There are a lot more teams out there in larger markets that would bring in more revenue, and other players that would be bigger stories than Lewis (Brady, Manning etc)

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    The OP keeps stating that the NFL saw the Ray Lewis story to be more profitable than anything else. Well the way i see it much of the white population of America hates Ray Lewis so if anything the fans would not want to see him win another SB.

There are a lot more teams out there in larger markets that would bring in more revenue, and other players that would be bigger stories than Lewis (Brady, Manning etc)
    Im not white, and I don't like (hate is too strong a word) Ray Lewis. I would've watched the Superbowl, even if it wasn't against the Niners, to see him lose. I know plenty of Niner haters out here in Vegas that watched the SB just to watch the Niners lose. Just like I enjoy Tom Brady lose and throw a tantrum. Being hated can draw as much or even more ratings than being loved. Drama queens, divas, controversies are all part of a successful show. Take Tim Tebow for an example. You either hate or love him. But one thing is for sure, he brought in the money.

Is this thread serious?

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedrick View Post
    Is this thread serious?
    Not serious like a heart attack. But serious enough that I believe it. Come on, lighten up. Its a fun and interesting topic wouldn't you agree?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,523 Global Posts
    Is this thread serious?
    If there's a Manning vs Manning Super Bowl next year, then I'll wonder.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Not serious like a heart attack. But serious enough that I believe it. Come on, lighten up. Its a fun and interesting topic wouldn't you agree?
    I ask only cause I hear this stuff from a buddy of mine (a Jets fan) all the time. A game goes the way its not expected to go and he screams "The NFL is rigged." I mean, anything is possible. The NFL might want certain teams to move on.

But I would imagine the likes of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning being tops on the list to get in these positions. Especially since some fans of other teams ***** all the time about the Pats and Tom Brady being some kind of NFL darlings. Does anyone truly believe they would let the Pats go nearly 10 years without another title if the game was rigged?

I guess I just don't expect any well versed fan of the game to believe this kind of stuff. I think we've watched enough football to know this game is completely unpredictable. So many factors and variables come into play

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    Now if the Niners had won...I would actually believe this stuff.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    Now if the Niners had won...I would actually believe this stuff.
    So would I.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I ask only cause I hear this stuff from a buddy of mine (a Jets fan) all the time. A game goes the way its not expected to go and he screams "The NFL is rigged." I mean, anything is possible. The NFL might want certain teams to move on.

But I would imagine the likes of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning being tops on the list to get in these positions. Especially since some fans of other teams ***** all the time about the Pats and Tom Brady being some kind of NFL darlings. Does anyone truly believe they would let the Pats go nearly 10 years without another title if the game was rigged?

I guess I just don't expect any well versed fan of the game to believe this kind of stuff. I think we've watched enough football to know this game is completely unpredictable. So many factors and variables come into play
    Dont worry, its Peyton Manning's turn next year. They have the easiest schedule in all of NFL. And Eli has the easiest in the NFC. Manning vs Manning.

They can't do Brady all the time, especially with the Belicheat spygate thing that kind of tarnished their Superbowl rings.

Dont worry, its Peyton Manning's turn next year. They have the easiest schedule in all of NFL. And Eli has the easiest in the NFC. Manning vs Manning.

They can't do Brady all the time, especially with the Belicheat spygate thing that kind of tarnished their Superbowl rings.
    All the time? Its been almost a decade since they won one.

And GMAFB with the whole spygate crap. We can get into a real slippery slope regarding what is or isn't tarnished when it comes to the entire league. Furthermore, they nearly went undefeated after being caught and prior to that, they weren't even in the SB for two seasons. So if the videotaping was that much of an advantage, where on earth are the titles from '05 and 06?

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    All the time? Its been almost a decade since they won one.

And GMAFB with the whole spygate crap. We can get into a real slippery slope regarding what is or isn't tarnished when it comes to the entire league. Furthermore, they nearly went undefeated after being caught and prior to that, they weren't even in the SB for two seasons. So if the videotaping was that much of an advantage, where on earth are the titles from '05 and 06?
    Nothing is guaranteed. They can only be given an advantage.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast