The NFL is rigged.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Guess who had the hardest playoffs schedule last season? Ravens. And they won the Superbowl!

I really don't think the schedules have anything to do with it. But I heard the last 5 or 6 Superbowl champs played their first away game at the Eagles. Idk how true that is

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The international games are picked from teams that have to play because of the in place formula for the schedule.
Interesting opinion. The formula was in place before the international games started, which was early 2000. If anything, the later introduction of London games, especially when it actually became a regular season game, complicated the formula.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Guess who had the hardest playoffs schedule last season? Ravens. And they won the Superbowl!

I really don't think the schedules have anything to do with it. But I heard the last 5 or 6 Superbowl champs played their first away game at the Eagles. Idk how true that is

Like I said in my very first post, the Ravens weren't supposed to be in the SB. The Ray Lewis story proved to be more profitable.

Scheduling is only one way to give an advantage to certain teams. Its still up to the teams to make it.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The OP keeps stating that the NFL saw the Ray Lewis story to be more profitable than anything else. Well the way i see it much of the white population of America hates Ray Lewis so if anything the fans would not want to see him win another SB.

There are a lot more teams out there in larger markets that would bring in more revenue, and other players that would be bigger stories than Lewis (Brady, Manning etc)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The OP keeps stating that the NFL saw the Ray Lewis story to be more profitable than anything else. Well the way i see it much of the white population of America hates Ray Lewis so if anything the fans would not want to see him win another SB.

There are a lot more teams out there in larger markets that would bring in more revenue, and other players that would be bigger stories than Lewis (Brady, Manning etc)

Im not white, and I don't like (hate is too strong a word) Ray Lewis. I would've watched the Superbowl, even if it wasn't against the Niners, to see him lose. I know plenty of Niner haters out here in Vegas that watched the SB just to watch the Niners lose. Just like I enjoy Tom Brady lose and throw a tantrum. Being hated can draw as much or even more ratings than being loved. Drama queens, divas, controversies are all part of a successful show. Take Tim Tebow for an example. You either hate or love him. But one thing is for sure, he brought in the money.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Not serious like a heart attack. But serious enough that I believe it. Come on, lighten up. Its a fun and interesting topic wouldn't you agree?

I ask only cause I hear this stuff from a buddy of mine (a Jets fan) all the time. A game goes the way its not expected to go and he screams "The NFL is rigged." I mean, anything is possible. The NFL might want certain teams to move on.

But I would imagine the likes of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning being tops on the list to get in these positions. Especially since some fans of other teams ***** all the time about the Pats and Tom Brady being some kind of NFL darlings. Does anyone truly believe they would let the Pats go nearly 10 years without another title if the game was rigged?

I guess I just don't expect any well versed fan of the game to believe this kind of stuff. I think we've watched enough football to know this game is completely unpredictable. So many factors and variables come into play

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I ask only cause I hear this stuff from a buddy of mine (a Jets fan) all the time. A game goes the way its not expected to go and he screams "The NFL is rigged." I mean, anything is possible. The NFL might want certain teams to move on.

But I would imagine the likes of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning being tops on the list to get in these positions. Especially since some fans of other teams ***** all the time about the Pats and Tom Brady being some kind of NFL darlings. Does anyone truly believe they would let the Pats go nearly 10 years without another title if the game was rigged?

I guess I just don't expect any well versed fan of the game to believe this kind of stuff. I think we've watched enough football to know this game is completely unpredictable. So many factors and variables come into play
Dont worry, its Peyton Manning's turn next year. They have the easiest schedule in all of NFL. And Eli has the easiest in the NFC. Manning vs Manning.

They can't do Brady all the time, especially with the Belicheat spygate thing that kind of tarnished their Superbowl rings.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Dont worry, its Peyton Manning's turn next year. They have the easiest schedule in all of NFL. And Eli has the easiest in the NFC. Manning vs Manning.

They can't do Brady all the time, especially with the Belicheat spygate thing that kind of tarnished their Superbowl rings.

All the time? Its been almost a decade since they won one.

And GMAFB with the whole spygate crap. We can get into a real slippery slope regarding what is or isn't tarnished when it comes to the entire league. Furthermore, they nearly went undefeated after being caught and prior to that, they weren't even in the SB for two seasons. So if the videotaping was that much of an advantage, where on earth are the titles from '05 and 06?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
All the time? Its been almost a decade since they won one.

And GMAFB with the whole spygate crap. We can get into a real slippery slope regarding what is or isn't tarnished when it comes to the entire league. Furthermore, they nearly went undefeated after being caught and prior to that, they weren't even in the SB for two seasons. So if the videotaping was that much of an advantage, where on earth are the titles from '05 and 06?

Nothing is guaranteed. They can only be given an advantage.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I thought I was the only one who said Bellicheater!!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo