HP or Lenovo?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo's business products are expensive; however, their consumer line of products are actually competitively priced and they often have sales on certain products on their website where you can get some really good savings.

Not in my case. The model I'm looking for with an i5+1GB graphic comes to around 75,000. Whereas I get the exact same in HP for 50,000. A good 25,000 less. I'm going with HP. :)
Thanks for your reply ...

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo or Asus are pretty much all I buy when it comes to PC stuff. I don't have any experience with Lenovo's consumer grade stuff though, only the ThinkPad products, which are superb.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Not in my case. The model I'm looking for with an i5+1GB graphic comes to around 75,000. Whereas I get the exact same in HP for 50,000. A good 25,000 less. I'm going with HP. :)
Thanks for your reply ...

Well, that's quite the difference! If you get it, let us know how it is.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo or Asus are pretty much all I buy when it comes to PC stuff. I don't have any experience with Lenovo's consumer grade stuff though, only the ThinkPad products, which are superb.

Thanks socialcarpet. That's what everyone around me too are saying regarding PC. People prefer HP for laptops is all I know..

Andrewbachle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to let you know about a deal I received as an IU student that is open to the general public as well for those of you wanting to purchase an HP laptop/tablet.

Coupon Code: CAMPUS178
$100 off HP PC’s (orig. $699.99+)
Must first register for free at: hpdirect.com/academy/Microsoft

Offer combinable with instant rebates and HP Academy pricing. Expires on 3/23/13.
Coupon code: " CAMPUS178 "

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I would lean more towards the HP simply because speaking from my point of view and experience I have had more luck from HP computers, I have had quality issues with Lenovos. If you want a good quality touch screen windows 8 computer I would recommend what I have - the Toshiba U920. SSD is what you need for quick boot-up times, has the 3rd gen i3 running at 1.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 12.5 inch touchscreen with an illuminated keyboard. Its fantastic, and its Toshiba, they make good products.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I would go with the hp just because it looks like better specs for the price. Don't read too much into the brand: they all use almost all of the same components so go with whatever is the best bang for the buck. I thought Dell had some pretty good deals in AIOs too, check out Acer as well as they are one of my favorite companies for bang for the buck.

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I would say be mindful of HP products. Minus their LaserJet printers, a lot of their gear, ESPECIALLY their PC's and Laptops have very much been poor quality.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Having owned both, I would side with HP only because their choice of materials is more substantive. Lenovo, like Samsung, uses too much plastic for my tastes. Sure, they're lighter but at what cost?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb