Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree28Likes
  • 3 Post By X0LARIUM
  • 3 Post By palandri
  • 3 Post By blehblehbleh
  • 2 Post By palandri
  • 2 Post By squire777
  • 2 Post By blehblehbleh
  • 2 Post By blehblehbleh
  • 2 Post By X0LARIUM
  • 1 Post By WasteSomeTime
  • 2 Post By palandri
  • 3 Post By GSOgymrat
  • 1 Post By BIGPADDY
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 1 Post By BIGPADDY
  1. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,632 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
       #1  
    Common..admit it...we all have had one sometime or the other.

    Let's see what u got?
    Thanked by:
  2. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    #2  
    It wasn't me, but a guy I was working with. He was laid off for a while and was short on money. He didn't smoke or drink or gamble, real straight laced guy. We were both working for the same contractor.

    We were working up in Wisconsin, I was at a Farm & Fleet store and he was working at a Native American Casino. After work he stopped by the gas station that was on the reservation and filled his truck up with gas. He got 3 quarters for change, but he already had a pocket full of change, so he put the 3 quarters into a slot machine at the gas station as he was leaving and pulled the handle. He won on all three lines a total of $285.50 and cashed it in. He then calls me on the phone and tells me about it.

    As he drove back to the hotel, his sister called him and told him they found their grandmother had died at her house.. He got back to his hotel room, got on his laptop to book a roundtrip flight to St. Louis for his grandmothers funeral. The ticket came out to exactly $285.50.
    Last edited by palandri; 02-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
  3. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #3  
    In the past ten years and on four-five separate occasions I've had the "pleasure" of being awakened during the night by something trying to pull me out of my body. Does that count?
  4. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    In the past ten years and on four-five separate occasions I've had the "pleasure" of being awakened during the night by something trying to pull me out of my body. Does that count?
    Might have been an oobe - Out Of Body Experience.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
  5. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,227 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    In the past ten years and on four-five separate occasions I've had the "pleasure" of being awakened during the night by something trying to pull me out of my body. Does that count?
    It could be a "hypnagogic hallucination". I haven't had the pulling sensation but sometimes I do get this feeling where I feel like my body is being submerged in water when I'm drifting between sleep and awake.

    What are Hypnagogic Hallucinations?


    I don't think this is spooky in the ghostly sense but something weird happened to me not too long ago. I had a dream about an old crush of mine one night a few months ago. It was a random dream since I barely ever thought about her ever since she moved back to the US about 5 years ago. I haven't had any contact with her for about two years. I'm not on Facebook at the moment either so I don't come across pics of her or anything like that which would make me think about her.

    The following day I was planning on heading to the gym whenever I was free. Around 5pm I packed my gym stuff in my bag did some stretching before heading out. At the last minute I decided for some reason that I didn't feel like working out that particular night but I still wanted to go somewhere. I decided that I should head to the Eaton Centre (big mall in downtown Toronto) and get some clothes shopping out of the way so i wouldn't have to do it on Saturday.

    So I'm walking along in the mall around 7pm after buying some of the things that I was looking for. As I'm walking past the Club Monaco store this woman comes out with some bags and starts walking towards me. As we get closer I realize it's my friend that I had the dream about! We were happy to see each other, hugged etc and we both thought how it was some weird fate that we bumped into each other that night. We had dinner and just sat around and talked for a few hours. It turns out she was in Toronto on a business trip and was flying back the following evening.

    That incident really made me think and even to this day when I think about it makes me feel weird. Even if I don't consider the dream it was still a weird coincidence to be in the same spot at the same time to bump into each other. I mentioned it to my friends and they laughed it off as being a coincidence since they didn't believe in fate or anything supernatural.

    I think a lot of things happen for a reason.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
  6. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Might have been an oobe - Out Of Body Experience.
    I thought about that. The sensations that go through my body when it happens seem to mimic what you read some people say happens with an oobe. However, all incidences I always wake up feeling very annoyed, angry, and unpleasant. I usually have to fight and resist to stop it from going any further.

    The first time it ever happened, I remember thinking that whatever was doing that to me did not have a good vibe about it. The third time it happened differently; instead of my whole body it was more focused on my legs.

    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    It could be a "hypnagogic hallucination". I haven't had the pulling sensation but sometimes I do get this feeling where I feel like my body is being submerged in water when I'm drifting between sleep and awake.

    What are Hypnagogic Hallucinations?
    I won't flat out deny it could be a hallucination but they never felt like one. I always felt pretty lucid when it happens. Usually I'm aware enough initially in the manner one gets when they experience their dreams but do not know they are dreaming which then rises to the level of being fully conscious and having to get angry and express that anger before the sensations stop.
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
  7. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    I don't think this is spooky in the ghostly sense but something weird happened to me not too long ago. I had a dream about an old crush of mine one night a few months ago. It was a random dream since I barely ever thought about her ever since she moved back to the US about 5 years ago. I haven't had any contact with her for about two years. I'm not on Facebook at the moment either so I don't come across pics of her or anything like that which would make me think about her.

    The following day I was planning on heading to the gym whenever I was free. Around 5pm I packed my gym stuff in my bag did some stretching before heading out. At the last minute I decided for some reason that I didn't feel like working out that particular night but I still wanted to go somewhere. I decided that I should head to the Eaton Centre (big mall in downtown Toronto) and get some clothes shopping out of the way so i wouldn't have to do it on Saturday.

    So I'm walking along in the mall around 7pm after buying some of the things that I was looking for. As I'm walking past the Club Monaco store this woman comes out with some bags and starts walking towards me. As we get closer I realize it's my friend that I had the dream about! We were happy to see each other, hugged etc and we both thought how it was some weird fate that we bumped into each other that night. We had dinner and just sat around and talked for a few hours. It turns out she was in Toronto on a business trip and was flying back the following evening.

    That incident really made me think and even to this day when I think about it makes me feel weird. Even if I don't consider the dream it was still a weird coincidence to be in the same spot at the same time to bump into each other. I mentioned it to my friends and they laughed it off as being a coincidence since they didn't believe in fate or anything supernatural.

    I think a lot of things happen for a reason.
    I think they call that synchronicity. Sounds like your subconscious picked up on her presence.
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
  8. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,632 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts
       #8  
    Just plain awesome guys..love every one of ur replies...

    So here is mine:
    Just three days ago, I was asleep. Read nothing scary, didn't see any horror on TV, I don't smoke, drink, do drugs. Nothing at all.
    Somewhere in the middle of the might, I am drifting at breakneck speed. On a road I am well verse with. And believe me, I knew I'm actually there. It wasn't a dream I'm damn sure of that.
    To confirm, I stop and look back and yes, it is the SAME road a little close to my home. It is dead silent and dark. Just the way roads are at 3-4 in the night.
    And I'm levitating ...my feet a few inches above the ground and fast...like super fast. When I see I'm approaching a black wall my body tries to wake up.. And just as blehblehbleh mentioned...it was like my body is trying to wake up from a deep slumber...trying hard..and then I go off to sleep.


    Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.
    Thanked by:
    palandri and BIGPADDY like this.
  9. BIGPADDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10,585 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    #9  
    I watch the film sinster I tried my best not to it was when I went out with a group of friends I was out voted with someone else with it being 2-3 another voted for ted so it was more like 2-3-1 I also thought I lost my ticket for viewing the film as well took me 10 mins to find where it was (hiding in a bag).

    After watching that film I think it took at least two weeks for me to go upstairs on my own, scared of the dark and to get be able to be upstairs on my own

    I DON'T DO HORROR FILMS NEVER WILL NEVER HAVE

    This might be more important I properly only saw like 10 minutes throughout the film the beginning, bit of middle and little at the end I was using my coat to cover over my head one problem was the backing music scarred me more than movie so I put my headphones in still could hear the music the speaker was right above me.

    My other friend who voted for ted also hated horrors so we were sat together and was screaming and sometimes he was swearing which I need some screaming of my own it was very funny looking back now.

    I also went to go watch another film recently and saw a trailer for a horror I shouted out lucking for me only two people were in the cinema at the time they were bravery than me
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 02-07-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
  10. WasteSomeTime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #10  
    I dont know if this counts.

    Last year someone very close to mw passed away. That might I was going to sleep and and saw a shadowy figure at the end of the hall. Like the build and shape of that person. I got turned on the lights and walked to where that figure was. But there was nothing there. I went back to bed and turned off the lights. The shadowy figure was there again. It kinda of stood in front of her " the deceased " closet. That night i slept with the lights on. Sometimes i think that if it was her, i should not have slept with the lights on and make eye contact or let what i think was her watch me go to sleep.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  11. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    #11  
    They found these skulls in Peru. Human or Alien?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails museoregionalicade03.jpg  
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    X0LARIUM and BIGPADDY like this.
  12. GSOgymrat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    398 Posts
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    #12  
    First I need to say that I don't believe in the paranormal: ESP, ghosts, aliens, etc.. Second, I don't socialize at my gym-- I get in, workout, get out-- and almost never speak to anyone. I was at the gym using the preacher curl, headphones on as always, when I look up, see this random guy across the room and this thought pops very clearly into my head "he's going to ask me how old I am." So I continue lifting thinking "I'm going to be 47 next month, should I say I'm 46 or 47? Is one better than the other? Either would be in the category of late 40s. Which is more accurate? I suppose the birthday exists as the official demarcation... Why am I even thinking about this?! Lift the damn weight!"

    So about 10 minutes later I am in a different area of the gym resting between sets. I feel a tap on my shoulder, take my headphones off, turn around and it is the same guy. "Hey, my name is Joe. Do you mind my asking how old you are? You used to workout at Gold's Gym before they shut down, right?"

    There was no sensation of dj vu but it was very odd.
    .
    Thanked by:
    palandri, X0LARIUM and BIGPADDY like this.
  13. BIGPADDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10,585 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    They found these skulls in Peru. Human or Alien?
    There human I saw a documentary about it.

    I think I saw it either on the BBC, Discovery channel or history one has to be right
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    palandri likes this.
  14. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,260 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    There human I saw a documentary about it.

    I think I saw it either on the BBC, Discovery channel or history one has to be right
    That's what they want you to believe.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  15. BIGPADDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10,585 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's what they want you to believe.
    I don't know what to believe in any more
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 02-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

    SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Thanked by:
    palandri likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 08:25 PM
  2. is anyone else having a horrible experience with Alphajax?
    By ironsoulreaver in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
  4. Anyone have experience with flashing ROM's I need serious help
    By twint7787 in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM
  5. Anyone who has experience with Ebay can i get your help...
    By Bballbenb in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions