Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
Like Tree46Likes
  1. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #26  
    OMG I just looked it up! HOW AWESOME!!!

    There's dry slopes too! WHY AM I STILL RIDING ON WET OUTDOOR SLOPES?!?!?!
    peachy001 likes this.
  2. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    im sorry.. did you just say indoor snow?

    you have just blown my mind, I didn't know such thing exists!
    http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire/

    Now the thing is, I assumed it was standard snow. The instructor that taught me said it was a mix of a few chemicals and was not quite the same. Apparently, if you put some in a glass and leave it for a while it turns a funny colour. He said this 3 lessons in, by which time I had indulged in some mid-slope refreshment a few times. Still here though!
    BIGPADDY and willied like this.
  3. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Xscape Yorkshire - Cinema, SNO!zone & Flow House - Play, Eat & Shop

    Now the thing is, I assumed it was standard snow. The instructor that taught me said it was a mix of a few chemicals and was not quite the same. Apparently, if you put some in a glass and leave it for a while it turns a funny colour. He said this 3 lessons in, by which time I had indulged in some mid-slope refreshment a few times. Still here though!
    That looks incredible! I bit farther than I would like to drive though. (live in Maryland, USA) If I'm ever in the area though, that whole place looks incredible!
  4. BIGPADDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10,281 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Xscape Yorkshire - Cinema, SNO!zone & Flow House - Play, Eat & Shop

    Now the thing is, I assumed it was standard snow. The instructor that taught me said it was a mix of a few chemicals and was not quite the same. Apparently, if you put some in a glass and leave it for a while it turns a funny colour. He said this 3 lessons in, by which time I had indulged in some mid-slope refreshment a few times. Still here though!
    Is that the one in Castleford if so my friends been there and loves it.
    peachy001 likes this.
  5. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #30  
    @ berty.... It is good, not cheap though. The one in Milton Keynes is a bit bigger I think. Sorry, not any nearer though! Although they are offering 50% off kids' ski lessons during February, does that sweeten the deal enough? You must have them in USA. In fact, search for one in Dubai, I seem to think they have built a bigger one. I tell you something, that part of the world need to party while they can, because when that oil dries up it is gonna be one big *** ghost town. They may even use it as a country-sized film set. There is a reason why golf courses don't grow naturally in a desert.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  6. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    Is that the one in Castleford if so my friends been there and loves it.
    Yes, 40 mins from my home. Not been for a few years though. Had some good times there.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
  7. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #32  
    None yet. Some under construction, but none near me really! And nah, doesn't sweeten the deal too much, I snowboard at least 20 hours a week in the winter, I don't think I need lessons! Haha
  8. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Pretty sure he said sport...





    ... lmao jk jk
    I was about to say, it's ridiculously intensive. Now if only Dynamite Leeds would get back in touch... I WANT TO JOIN THEM DARN IT! I plan to compete at least once before I give up the sport completely. That way, I can look back and say to myself "I chased my dreams there, and I reached them". That and well, some photos and videos of me cheerleading again wouldn't go amiss. Even if it does get me many funny looks from my friends.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  9. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I was about to say, it's ridiculously intensive. Now if only Dynamite Leeds would get back in touch... I WANT TO JOIN THEM DARN IT! I plan to compete at least once before I give up the sport completely. That way, I can look back and say to myself "I chased my dreams there, and I reached them". That and well, some photos and videos of me cheerleading again wouldn't go amiss. Even if it does get me many funny looks from my friends.
    Ha ha only giving you a hard time cause that's what I do to all my friends! Not many people can look back and say what you wish to do! I wish you the best of luck!
  10. Coolknight1968's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    797 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #35  
    They do, even in places close to ski areas.
  11. wharfratg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #36  
    I call it cycling. Most people these days call it doping.
  12. beachhoppr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #37  
    For those who asked, here is a quick video of me fencing. I am on your left in this clip. The opponent scores a point on me but then I blast forward and get the next one for the win. This is sabre fencing.

  13. Dadstar0410's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachhoppr View Post
    For those who asked, here is a quick video of me fencing. I am on your left in this clip. The opponent scores a point on me but then I blast forward and get the next one for the win. This is sabre fencing.

    Lol 10 views...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  14. beachhoppr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #39  
  15. GSOgymrat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #40  
    It's not really a sport, and it certainly is not my favorite, but I participated in my first amateur natural bodybuilding competition when I was 41 years old and I am training for another. My favorite sport I participate in is racquetball but I am not doing that at the moment.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  16. Chregu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,538 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I enjoy snowboarding, but only ever done it on indoor snow. Done a lot of skiing as a kid outdoors. Done a tiny bit of knee boarding.
    I was just a week in the Swiss mountains skiing, and I can't even comprehend the comparison to an indoor room. Attached a picture taken with my 8X.

    If you live in an area without snow, I can understand you try a hall for this to some extend. But I don't have the sea here, and don't go to an indoor beach because of that ;-) I would rather save money ten years for one trip to mountains, than skiing indoors.

    My sport is running, and I really enjoy the solitude and the forest. Also it's a great work out, keeps me in shape and lets me eat ice cream without a bad conscience :D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20130210_010.jpg  
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  17. ImmortalWarrior's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    523 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #42  
    For me, my sport is traditional Shaolin Kung Fu. The funny thing is, the Ministry of Sport (not sure its official name) in Canada doesn't allow contact sparring in Shaolin Kung Fu whereas they do in other martial arts. The main reason being that, even with padding, helmets and gloves, we can still, and often do, seriously hurt people. The techniques are brutal and efficient.

    I also train in Russian Systema, Wushu, Qi Gong, Wing Chung, Tai Chi, and a handful of military hand to hand combat techniques with focus on knife fighting and disarming opponents. My Shifu is a 10th degree black belt monk with 50 years in martial arts and spent 7 years in the British SAS as a hand to hand specialist.

    Fun stuff :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  18. 920Walker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    653 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #43  
    Kayaking, all types of water, and fishing, fresh, salt and ice. More hobbies than sports but they keep me very active.

    Favorite to watch, NHL hockey. Only team sport I pay attention to.
  19. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    I was just a week in the Swiss mountains skiing, and I can't even comprehend the comparison to an indoor room. Attached a picture taken with my 8X.

    If you live in an area without snow, I can understand you try a hall for this to some extend. But I don't have the sea here, and don't go to an indoor beach because of that ;-) I would rather save money ten years for one trip to mountains, than skiing indoors.

    My sport is running, and I really enjoy the solitude and the forest. Also it's a great work out, keeps me in shape and lets me eat ice cream without a bad conscience :D
    Almost as good as the places I go!



    lmao
    Chregu likes this.
  20. Dadstar0410's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by 920walker View Post
    kayaking, all types of water, and fishing, fresh, salt and ice. More hobbies than sports but they keep me very active.

    Favorite to watch, nhl hockey. Only team sport i pay attention to.
    flyers!!!!!
  21. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post

    If you live in an area without snow, I can understand you try a hall for this to some extend. But I don't have the sea here, and don't go to an indoor beach because of that ;-)
    You don't use indoor pools?

    On the running, yeah I hear you on that. My knees struggle now, so running is not easy. But I do enjoy the odd cycle, so nice just to get out and about.

    As for the indoor snowboarding, I had to learn somewhere. Did a bit of skiing on real snow when I was at school. Did Austria and France. Good times.
  22. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    For me, my sport is traditional Shaolin Kung Fu. The funny thing is, the Ministry of Sport (not sure its official name) in Canada doesn't allow contact sparring in Shaolin Kung Fu whereas they do in other martial arts. The main reason being that, even with padding, helmets and gloves, we can still, and often do, seriously hurt people. The techniques are brutal and efficient.

    I also train in Russian Systema, Wushu, Qi Gong, Wing Chung, Tai Chi, and a handful of military hand to hand combat techniques with focus on knife fighting and disarming opponents. My Shifu is a 10th degree black belt monk with 50 years in martial arts and spent 7 years in the British SAS as a hand to hand specialist.

    Fun stuff :D
    Awesome! I would love this stuff.
  23. Chregu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,538 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    On the running, yeah I hear you on that. My knees struggle now, so running is not easy. But I do enjoy the odd cycle, so nice just to get out and about.
    My knees stopped hurting after some months of slow building up. However last summer I got a shin splint and ignored it until I was barely able to walk. I had to pause for around 4 months. Running can destroy you :)

    But now I'm fortunately up and running again ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    You don't use indoor pools?As for the indoor snowboarding, I had to learn somewhere. Did a bit of skiing on real snow when I was at school. Did Austria and France. Good times.
    I thought about this again. I think there are some things that made me dislike indoor skiing. First of all, I'm living near some really great skiing resorts (the Swiss ones are pretty good I guess), it takes me under 3 hours by train or car to get to them. Second, I'm very good at skiing, have done it since I'm 4, participated in instructor coursed etc., so I like long and difficult pistes. Third, I think the first time I thought about indoor skiing was, when I read about this one in Dubai. And building such a thing into a desert is just the most stupid thing ever from an ecological point of view.

    And then the mountains, I can't describe the awe I feel looking at these mountains...

    But still, just for fun and to learn skiing, why not doing it indoors :-)

    I meant indoor beaches like this:
    Tropical Islands Indoor Beach Resort in Germany - YouTube
  24. ImmortalWarrior's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    523 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    My knees stopped hurting after some months of slow building up. However last summer I got a shin splint and ignored it until I was barely able to walk. I had to pause for around 4 months. Running can destroy you :)

    But now I'm fortunately up and running again ;-)



    I thought about this again. I think there are some things that made me dislike indoor skiing. First of all, I'm living near some really great skiing resorts (the Swiss ones are pretty good I guess), it takes me under 3 hours by train or car to get to them. Second, I'm very good at skiing, have done it since I'm 4, participated in instructor coursed etc., so I like long and difficult pistes. Third, I think the first time I thought about indoor skiing was, when I read about this one in Dubai. And building such a thing into a desert is just the most stupid thing ever from an ecological point of view.

    And then the mountains, I can't describe the awe I feel looking at these mountains...

    But still, just for fun and to learn skiing, why not doing it indoors :-)

    I meant indoor beaches like this:
    Tropical Islands Indoor Beach Resort in Germany - YouTube
    I had the same problem with pain but it was in my wrists and not my knees. I work as a software developer so I often spend 10 hours a day on a PC. I do my best to have ergonomic equipment and sit properly but it does wear on the elbows and wrists. When I started martial arts the boxing and fist push ups killed by wrists at first, but by taking it slowly and not overdoing it, I've built up that strength again and I can wail bare-fisted on a heavy punching bag at full strength and have no pain in my joints.
  25. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #50  
    Chregu, I played that video link. Looked ok, nothing special. Then the video finished and it brought uo some suggestions. The very first one was a Beach Volleyball grand slam.... That was so much better.

    I would like to think my knees could be built up, but I think I have to accept they are done for now.

    3hrs from a snowboarding venue, I am so jealous.

    To the warrior, kudos to you. Would love to spend a few training sessions with your tutor.

    @ the bodybuilder guy, where did you place, did you do well, been training long?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do you draw in Onenote MX without a stylus?
    By kittshelby in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM
  3. most naughtiest thing you done in your life
    By 12Danny123 in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 04:27 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM
  5. What features would you like in WP
    By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

";