Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

What is your favorite sport that you are involved in? My favorite sport is Ultimate [Frisbee]. I am so obsessed with the sport and was so happy when i found out it was going to be in the Summer Olympics in 2016! If you guys don't mind, look up a few YouTube videos on Ultimate Frisbee, and share them to help make the sport more popular. With that out of the way, I wanna know what your favorite sports are!

SPREAD ULTIMATE
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Ultimate frisbee is a lot of fun. I also really enjoy disc golf. I've played tennis since I was about 3 years old. I played in high school, which was a lot of fun. I still play, but not that often. I also love mountain biking. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do. I've only been in 2 races, though. Hopefully this year I'll do some more.
    Thanked by:

Is there a particular place that you enjoy biking? I have no really hilly areas where I am, so I could never do stuff like that, lol.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadstar0410 View Post
    Is there a particular place that you enjoy biking? I have no really hilly areas where I am, so I could never do stuff like that, lol.
    It's not very hilly around here, either, but there are a few trails. I wish there were more as it gets quite boring doing the same trail 100 times. :P

One trail is at a place called Flat Rock Park. The trail is about 10 miles. It's a decent trail, but mostly flat. The other trail is just known as the Fort Benning trail. It's about 6 miles. It's fun, and it's got some quick and short downhill sections (and uphill). It's still being added to, but it's further from my house, so I don't go to it as much.

I've ridden in quite a few places, including Bend, OR (supposedly has over 300 miles of MTB trails), multiple places in Ontario, Canada, and multiple places in the Southeast (AL, GA, NC, SC, FL).
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I am a fencer (I'm on the left in both pictures. Your left :))

542091_3942207314374_1255694758_3628041_2117736776_n.jpg

150463_3942216234597_1255694758_3628057_722835460_n.jpg
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    CHEERLEADING!

Should easily recognise me, I'm the only bloke in the performance.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I am a professional couch potato. It's not a wide spread sport yet, but I'm Hoping that I can pers way a few of you guys and we'll get this thing going main stream.
    willied and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlynnm350z View Post
    I am a professional couch potato. It's not a wide spread sport yet, but I'm Hoping that I can pers way a few of you guys and we'll get this thing going main stream.
    What college did you go to for that? What round were you drafted in?
    ~Sal
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    I shoot handguns. Swiss army ordinance pistols in Swiss army and club competitions. I am a member in a local club, I do okay... We shoot 25m and 50m. Why? I used to Ski, but I was a wild one and destroyed one knee twice... But I like to compete so...
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
    jabtano and Laura Knotek like this.

Boxing. The science behind making someone walk into a punch is awesome. Getting punched, not so much, but it makes you learn what not to do much faster.

(I'm no pro or even on the level of a decent amateur, just a dude who trains with a local pro to get in better shape.)

Quote Originally Posted by beachhoppr View Post
    I am a fencer (I'm on the left in both pictures. Your left :))

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	542091_3942207314374_1255694758_3628041_2117736776_n.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	28616

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150463_3942216234597_1255694758_3628057_722835460_n.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	28617
    I've always wanted to play/watch fencing. That looks so sweet, almost Jedi-like 😆
    Coolknight1968 likes this.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    It's alot of fun and stupidly exhausting - which surprised me when I first did it. I'm on the left again. The guy I am fencing here is training for the 2016 Olympics.

547087_3942214114544_1255694758_3628050_1465158932_n.jpg

Wow! That is incredible!

Ultimate Frisbee, cheerleading, fencing! Some curve balls right there. I enjoy my sports, used to love badminton, but stopped playing so I am horribly out of practice.

Currently training for a Wolf Race, did a Spartan Race last year and loved it. Hoping to also try for a Tough Mudder this year. Stuff like that floats my boat, but my knees and ankles are knackered, so I struggle with running. Also, do a tiny bit of boxing/mma. Only 1 hr per week, and I am still barely even a beginner, but trying to improve before any more of my joints seize up.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I love beach volleyball love it

Sadly I live in the UK so not much of a chance of it coming over here

I use to play rugby then I broke my foot during training well I ran then all my weight went to my left side of my foot, which broke my fifth metatarsal short story I was in it for 6 months. I went back into rugby but it was too much so I stop, which i started doing excises at home, however I will be going back for summer training and see where it goes from there

Or if beach volleyball become a national sport
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Ahhh..... Beach volleyball. Something about that....can't quite put my finger on it. I know I like it, but cant remember why.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

BIGPADDY likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,286 Global Posts
    In my younger days, I was big into baseball. Something I discover was why most major league catchers don't have a good batting average (there are some that do). The first time I caught someone who could throw 90mph. I discovered by the 3rd inning I could barely get my left hand around the bat and by the 6th inning I couldn't even grasp the bat with my left hand. I had a good catchers mitt too.
    Last edited by palandri; 02-23-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Ultimate Frisbee, cheerleading, fencing! Some curve balls right there. I enjoy my sports, used to love badminton, but stopped playing so I am horribly out of practice.

Currently training for a Wolf Race, did a Spartan Race last year and loved it. Hoping to also try for a Tough Mudder this year. Stuff like that floats my boat, but my knees and ankles are knackered, so I struggle with running. Also, do a tiny bit of boxing/mma. Only 1 hr per week, and I am still barely even a beginner, but trying to improve before any more of my joints seize up.
    Yea buddy Ultimate FTW 🆙

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Golf. Aggravating sport, bur when you hit a good shot, boy that is one of the best feelings in the world.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    Golf. Aggravating sport, bur when you hit a good shot, boy that is one of the best feelings in the world.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    I tried golf out for a little but quickly realized that I did not have the patience and attention to detail that I need to play. Haha

I tried golf, I was dire. My sister beat me every time. In the end I got face on, started using the putter fir every shot.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

I'm married, yes to a wife. who says that I'm married to my sailboat... sailing in the summer. Hockey in the winter though now aging it's none contact as we all have families and work. I do a little snowboarding with my kids...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    CHEERLEADING!

Should easily recognise me, I'm the only bloke in the performance.
    Pretty sure he said sport...

... lmao jk jk

For me im all about boarding! Im an avid snowboarder, wakeboarder, and surfer! I unicycle but im not quite good enough to call it a sport yet!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I enjoy snowboarding, but only ever done it on indoor snow. Done a lot of skiing as a kid outdoors. Done a tiny bit of knee boarding.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I enjoy snowboarding, but only ever done it on indoor snow. Done a lot of skiing as a kid outdoors. Done a tiny bit of knee boarding.
    im sorry.. did you just say indoor snow?

you have just blown my mind, I didn't know such thing exists!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast