Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I work at Microsoft, so I know more people with WP8 devices than iPhone/Android devices.

Off-Campus, I see more and more WP8 devices every day. I commute to work via Bus and see a LOT of WP8 devices by people who don't work at MS.

Then again in the Seattle/Redmond area that is the home of MS, I guess you would expect to see more devices than other parts of the country.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Before winter break (back when I was an adroid user), I only knew one girl that had a WP7
After winter break, when I got my new shiny HTC 8x, my roommate also upgraded from her ancient phone to a white Lumia 920, her dad gave it to her ffor xmas and she was kinda confused (she thought her dad cheaped out on her since she didnt know about WP8) Until i started showing her all the features, shes still getting used to it but loves it!
And the other girl who had a WP7 also upgraded to a Lumia 920, her reasoning was coz they were "mad cheap, and reliable" lol

I saw a kid on the bus with a L920, and I know a student of mines who has a samsung WP7 (dont remember the model), I also met this guy at the club who had the same phone as me and we were both like "WE HAVE THE SAME PHONE!"

I have a friend who's an android user (and owns a macbook pro but really doesnt want an iphone o.0) who wants to switch to a windows, but he's waiting for Windows to get instagram to switch :p

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
A car salesman I worked with recently had a black Lumia 900. But he got it because he wanted something simple (not android) and free. The number of people I know with Windows Phone is rapidly dwindling. Now its just my father-in-law and mother-in-law. MIL got a 900 on contract because it was cheap and not Android, FIL got wife's old Titan when I got her an iPhone 5 for Christmas.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Up until a month ago, I didn't know anyone with a Windows Phone, besides myself. Then, I found out that one of the HOTTEST women at my job has a Nokia Lumia 920. I was floored. Everyone has iPhones 4, 4s, 5 and Androids. I asked if she likes it. She says she LOVES it. We talked about it some and told me that she found it refreshing since she came from an iPhone. She owns an iPad, Mac, and iPod. If an serious Apple user can find WP8 better than iOS, then Microsoft did something right. :love:

a box of fish

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My ex had a Radar but it got nicked after a month.

Forgot my friend has a Lumia 800. So I know atleast 1 other person.

I have other friends saying they want to get one but they never do.

Last edited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There was a lady with an 800, I think it was anyway, only got a glimpse. I bough my 920 and showed it around. My manager bought an 800 on the strength of it. Other than that, not seen any others. Everyone I show it to thinks my phone is gorgeous though.

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup my friend got the 920 cause I recommended it to him...and he wanted to try something different...first time smartphone user and he got the lumia...:)
Found another guy who I befriended at work, he has a htc 8s..doesnt give a damn abt specs, he loves the look of the phone...:)
Bangalore, India

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My cousin has a Lumia 920 and I saw someone else with a Lumia 920 at the school bus stop. Some of my friends are considering buying a Windows Phone as their next phone. They might probably buy a Nokia.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
No. However this morning a woman with really long and gaudy nails had been yapping away on line in front of me @ the local coffee shop, I recall a red 920-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven