Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
my job in the city ive seen about 15 in the wild. most of them were actually 8x's limelight green, and california blue, and fire red, if i remember correctly, 3 blue 8x, 3 black lumia 920, 3 yellow 8x, and 3 red 8x. i didnt get a good look at the people so i may have just been seeing the same phones over, but still its good to see color coming into the work world.

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I live in San Francisco and I am the only person I know who has a Windows Phone (lumia 900). My co-workers and friends all talk about how much they like the design, both UI and the product itself, but would probably never switch from an iPhone. As far as just seeing a Windows Phone out in the wild, I've seen about 2 or 3 people with them and I saw a guy who had a Surface + Lumia 920 set up in Chipotle. I'm surprised I don't see many WPs in a city such as SF.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I live in San Francisco and I am the only person I know who has a Windows Phone (lumia 900). My co-workers and friends all talk about how much they like the design, both UI and the product itself, but would probably never switch from an iPhone. As far as just seeing a Windows Phone out in the wild, I've seen about 2 or 3 people with them and I saw a guy who had a Surface + Lumia 920 set up in Chipotle. I'm surprised I don't see many WPs in a city such as SF.
why is that?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
This guy I worked with has the Lumia 900. My coworker had the HTC Trophy and and a guy that worked in a dental school had the HTC Surround. I always ask people how they heard about Windows Phone and usually I'm the one who knows the most about the OS.

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know one person, who just got an WP8 like a month ago. Ive seen a few WP7 around in school, but I honestly get joked on saying I'm the only one who has a WP8 and a surface in the tri state area. (PA, DE, NJ)

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
A dude came into my place of work and I noticed he had an 8X. We exchanged pleasantries...until I found out he actually worked for Microsoft

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Quite a few of you folks at WP Central keep forgetting that BB phones were never in 4th place.

Depends how you measure:

By current install base of all BBRY and MSFT devices, then yes, BBRY was always 3rd.

By current install base of only BB10 and WP devices, then no, BB is 4th.

By monthly sales numbers of new devices, then no, BB is 4th.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you know anyone outside of your immediate family who owns a Windows Phone? I have only seen one WP out in the wild and that person traded her Lumia 900 for an Android phone in like a month. Otherwise I have not seen a single person who owned a WP, but apparently there are a few million of them out there. It makes me wonder where these people are who own them. I assume more people here have a WP, so they must exist, right?

Yes, yes I do. Most of these people I know and got them to switch, but one has a 900 and I never knew her till she saw my 900 (before I got a 920).

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Depends how you measure:

By current install base of all BBRY and MSFT devices, then yes, BBRY was always 3rd.

By current install base of only BB10 and WP devices, then no, BB is 4th.

By monthly sales numbers of new devices, then no, BB is 4th.

I've seen sources for your first point, but since BB has not released any sales figures at all yet for the Z10 and won't until the 28th, what source are you using for #2 and 3?

ItsLogan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I know a girl from school that has a Lumia 710 and I've seen a janitor with an 8X. My neighbor also recently got an 8X and I think really likes it! So that's a total of only 3. My whole family has iPhones aside from me.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been told my BlackBerry Curve 8520 is better than my HTC TITAN (and heck, if she saw my Nokia Lumia 920, she would say the BB8520 is still better), just because the latter runs Windows and the former doesn't. She also said her HTC Wildfire was better than the HTC TITAN, again because the TITAN runs Windows, the Wildfire doesn't... I'm like "Seriously, you're saying your old budget phone and my old budget phone both run better and have better specs than my new FLAGSHIP device..." And despite the phone running smooth as anything (thus debunking the running better argument), she still insisted that her Wildfire was better, just because it wasn't a Windows Phone. I gave up at this point, because I really wanted to punch the university building down in frustration...

Blackberry is dead already, so let her be.

mjbatnt.gif

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I only know me and my girlfriend personally, I do know some people on xbox live with them though. I'm never going to convince people to switch because I convinced 11 people to switch and they all came to me for help and ended up going back to other OS's. 9 to Android and 2 went back to iPhone.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine has a black Lumia 920. A friend of his has a black 900.

I've seen one other person in the wild with a WP. It was a Samsung Focus, and that was back last August.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's resurrect this thread :)

recently I found that a friend of mine has an 8S, that officially made him the first person I know that has a WP whom I did NOT persuade to switch ;) That makes 6 in my friend-list. Not counting several people in public I noticed sporting mostly 920 and 900s. And my sister wants one, she loves my 920, even loaded WP8 launcher on her low-end droid. ;)

Last edited:

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have not seen one Windows Phone in Australia, yet alone have any friends who have heard of WP prior to me telling them about it.

Oh well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz