A smartphone for every occassion

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I know most of us only carry one device either because we choose to or because we want to, but what if you didn't? If you had to pick a phone for every major occasion, what would you choose and why? Here are my picks.

Beater: Lumia 620
I think this WP8 newbie would be great as a beater phone. It's inexpensive for the hardware, runs smooth, and looks like it could take a beating. If you're wondering what I mean by beater, I'm taking about devices that exist simply to take a beating. For example hiking, exercising, going to the beach, drunk nights, kids (which are a direct result of drunk nights. :grin:) (Runner ups: HTC 8S, HTC One V)

Business: Samsung Ativ S
My main tools of the trade are Word and Excel. Sure, other platforms have ways to duplicate their functionality but I don't need to settle for substitutes. Furthermore, the Ativ S has a more professional look to it than the Lumia or 8X line. (Runner ups: iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note II)

Pleasure: Lumia 920
Gotta stick with my 920. Not only is it a heads turner but everyone wants to use it for pictures once they realize how superb the camera is. Plus, people love seeing their faces pinned to my home screen. It makes them feel special, lol. (Runner ups: HTC 8X, HTC One X, iPhone 4S)

And the beauty of only using WP is that I can easily sync all my content between the three devices.

Last edited:

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Gotta stick with my 920. Not only is it a heads turner but everyone wants to use it for pictures once they realize how superb the camera is. Plus, people love seeing their faces pinned to my home screen. It makes them feel special, lol.

I know right ;) People do feel special when they're flipping on your phone.

Mine's

L920 is my mine baby, for all my needs

L900 for backup needs

iPod touch for instagram

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
That would be mu Lumia 800 as the Beater and my 920 for almost everything else.

For Tapatalk I still reach for my iPad
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You forgot one:

Target Practice: iPhone 5
A nice side benefit is to hear Siri groaning while the native maps dispatch an ambulance to its location - which it would state as the outer moons of Saturn.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread reminds me of my BB days back around 2005. Every Friday afternoon I would take my SIM out of my red 8310 Curve and put it in my BB Pearl (8100 I think) then swap back on Monday morning.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb