Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

I don't know if some of you have seen this yet or not but thought I would see what you thought of it. For me it is looking in some areas a lot like Windows 8. I really like the changes Ubuntu has done over the years but every time I try it I can't get into the OS and always resort back to windows so maybe I'm biased in this area but I'm just not that impressed with this.
    I've tried ubuntu A LOT of times and every time I've come back to Windows. It just doesn't do anything as nicely and easily as Windows has done for years!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    That looks sweet. Sure, I'm still a WP user by nature, but so tempted to pick up a Nexus 4 on the cheap and load Ubuntu OS onto it. That gesture-based environment will be sweet.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    32,239 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I'd be more likely to consider a Ubuntu tablet than a Windows RT tablet, since Ubuntu seems like it would be more robust on a tablet and be able to run the same apps as a Ubuntu desktop.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Can't say it knocked me out by any means. It's an alternative, and more choices are a good thing. The remote desktop on Surface is a must have feature for me. It's nice to not have to lug around a laptop when I travel these days.
    Id take it over IOS!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT