Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    I dug a little more and it looks like Sony is also using this as a way to One-Up all the other Android OEM's as far as gaming is concerned. They're using their PSN along with the cloud gaming company they bought out to allow "Playstation certified" (translation: Sony) Android devices to stream games, music, videos from Playstation Network. Basically what they're doing is hitting the same point for Sony made android devices that MS is working towards for Xbox/WP8. Man I love watching all this new stuff come out
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I dug a little more and it looks like Sony is also using this as a way to One-Up all the other Android OEM's as far as gaming is concerned. They're using their PSN along with the cloud gaming company they bought out to allow "Playstation certified" (translation: Sony) Android devices to stream games, music, videos from Playstation Network. Basically what they're doing is hitting the same point for Sony made android devices that MS is working towards for Xbox/WP8. Man I love watching all this new stuff come out
    Good to hear. Samsung needs a challenge.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

At risk of labouring the point, I think the Xbox will be second place in terms of specs. However, one thing that shocked me were the number of things that were new features that I assumed the PS3 could do already.

There are already rumblings that MS will bring forward their bug announcement on the back of the Sony reveal. To be honest, I would prefer it if MS put back their announcement. Improve some hardware first, then announce it mid to late September, or even October. That would buy them time to improve on the specs they have.

Having said that, what on Earth would they talk about at E3?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I hope SONY still keep the online multilayer and other things for free if not I will not be hoping on the band wagon to the PS4
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Whoa, back up the bus... Sony says ill be able to play the full console games on a Vita handheld?? Okay you win, take my money now please
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    I hope SONY still keep the online multilayer and other things for free if not I will not be hoping on the band wagon to the PS4
    That little nugget of Vita gold in bold there...yea, you KNOW that is going to be behind a subscription based wall.

Also...BIGPADDY...for your sig. the word "most' doesn't belong. use of the "-est" already implies the "most" part.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    That little nugget of Vita gold in bold there...yea, you KNOW that is going to be behind a subscription based wall.
    It could be, but you put in the [/b] tag too soon where you quoted me in bold, because you missed my
    take my money now please
    I thought everyone would enjoy this shorter video wrap up of the PS4 launch though!
    Thanked by:

I just cant see them continuing to offer eeverything for nothing again. They can see that MS has something like 40million active gold members each paying for the privilege. Now they charge approximately 35pa for it. Let us assume that the retailers keep 15. That means that MS takes in 800m per year for offering online play. Sony cannot afford to look the other way when they are currently haemorrhaging cash.

Come on Paddy, just join the Xbox clan. We will make you welcome.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I just cant see them continuing to offer eeverything for nothing again. They can see that MS has something like 40million active gold members each paying for the privilege. Now they charge approximately 35pa for it. Let us assume that the retailers keep 15. That means that MS takes in 800m per year for offering online play. Sony cannot afford to look the other way when they are currently haemorrhaging cash.

Come on Paddy, just join the Xbox clan. We will make you welcome.
    I see what the next Xbox will be like if it going to be similar to windows 8 interface that might pull me in a lot more and now I have a lumia 920 red it would sync well together with an xbox.

If Sony decide to charge for psn i may just get a xbox and most my friends are on Xbox so I know they will continue with the next gen.

Now I cant decide

I think you already have Paddy.... Welcome aboard.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I think you already have Paddy.... Welcome aboard.
    Do I get a gift

Do I get a gift
    I'll post you some Microsoft points. So long as you post me a working version of the RBS app.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    I'll post you some Microsoft points. So long as you post me a working version of the RBS app.
    Your asking for a miracle

To be honest, I am only 99% definitely gonna get the Xbox. If it fails to spark an interest in me then I may stick with my current one or even consider the PS4.

What worries me is that MS have not gone far enough spec wise to be ahead. They also drive me potty with some of the stuff the do and the amount they charge for things. Their sales in the past have been dire. The prices on their full game downloads is shocking. Same with the Arcade ones.

That said, they are going to be offloading a ton of titles very soon with potentially great discounts. See www.majornelson.com for the details. This is how a prper sale pricing should be. Although each title may only be discounted for a short while.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    To be honest, I am only 99% definitely gonna get the Xbox. If it fails to spark an interest in me then I may stick with my current one or even consider the PS4.

What worries me is that MS have not gone far enough spec wise to be ahead. They also drive me potty with some of the stuff the do and the amount they charge for things. Their sales in the past have been dire. The prices on their full game downloads is shocking. Same with the Arcade ones.

That said, they are going to be offloading a ton of titles very soon with potentially great discounts. See www.majornelson.com for the details. This is how a prper sale pricing should be. Although each title may only be discounted for a short while.
    Im still not sure i might even wait for a price drop and see what games come out.

Off topic i love my avatar on WP8 Xbox game.

Also can i spend my gamerpoint in the store for angry birds or is it for something else?

Two different things there Paddy.

Gamerscore (some may call them gamerpoints) - these are points you accumulate when you play games. Achievements have varying different amounts of gamerscore attached. The difficult achievements are worth more in terms of gamerscore. Aside from bragging rights, they have no value.

Microsoft points - this is the currency of most purchases on the Xbox. If you want to buy items you need to use MS points. You can buy them in bundles of 100,250,400,800,2100 etc. The exception is digital versions of full games (COD 4, Halo etc), these can be purchased using money (card purchase)

I fully expect them to do away with MS points for the next box.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123