PS4 SPEC LIST and Discussion

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Well the PS4 has been announce and I must say it is AWESOME

1. 8 core processor which has been specially created same with the GPU both are combined together so it a APU
2. 8GB of RAM DDR5 FAST RAM
3. Second chip inside to do background task such as downloads, installing etc and can do all the task with the power being off.
4. No more loads times
5. You can now press the power button on the game and when you press the power back on it will take you back to the exact same place in the game
6. Unreal Engine 4 is being created to be used with the new system
7. More social integration
8. HDD storage
9. New PS4 controller not to sure about this

There has been a lots of developer showing some of there titles for the PS4 looks good so far such as KRACK.

Sucker Punch title Infamous Second Son announce exclusively to PS4.

Lots of developers support from all around the world too I think they said thousand might be a bit less.

Name a few Lucasarts, activision, capcom, Sony Entertainment etc.

Lot of new engines being created to take advantage of the PS4 new specs and abilities.

I keep it updated :smile:

If you know more and have better detail post below

It has now finished the live stream overall for me very impressed and have to take a better look more on to the time of release COMING HOLIDAY 2013 hmmmmmm maybe a summer time release? :smile:

Last edited:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Im surprised that your so ready to give your money away. You are thrilled about the specs. But the line up that they have doesn't carry that much weight. Im thrilled about the new Xbox's specs too, but it would be better to know what comes on release.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Xbox is gonna destroy, let's be honest. Kinect 2.0, IllumiRoom? C'mon, no one can stand a chance.

You see dadstar is kinda right about the features. You don't really know about the features. Sony had high specs before and that didn't really help them. Throwing high specs around doesn't mean anything.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: PS4 just take my money now

Microsoft better start working and getting these game developers, cause the specs for both PS4 and 720, are extremely similar. Seems like Sony will actually have Remote Play, working properly and MS has yet to set it up yet, and they talked about it since last year or two. Think it's time for MS to bring HALO franchise to across the entire Ecosystem-WP8, W8, Xbox

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

Seems like Sony will actually have Remote Play, working properly

Would you really consider only working with a Vita really to be 'working properly'? I've got a 3DS, and it hasn't left its charger in months, because I just don't have any need or want to carry another device around all the time. Microsoft could easily one-up Sony by making it work with devices you already have. That's the promise of SmartGlass, which is a great idea. SmartGlass just needs improved functionality behind it (as currently it's just way too simple-just an HTML5 page on the tablet/phone). There's no reason why they COULDN'T do that if they wanted to, the question, as always, is how well Microsoft wants to and tries to integrate their separate devices.

For what it's worth though, someone mentioned Illumiroom. I would still be absolutely shocked to see that actually in the next system. It's a neat research project, but the real world implications seem way too difficult (mostly because it would require another device, and not one that could sit under the TV like Kinect, but one that would have to be positioned near the center of the living room to have the proper angles to aim a projector on the wall the TV is on.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

There are still so many PS3 titles that I want to play but don't have the time for. I didn't follow the announcement but any word on backwards compatibility?

I will most likely jump on the PS4 when version 2.0 comes out as the first versions of most gaming systems have some kind of bugs. I never did get into xbox so the 720 doesn't really interest me all that much.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

There are still so many PS3 titles that I want to play but don't have the time for. I didn't follow the announcement but any word on backwards compatibility?

I will most likely jump on the PS4 when version 2.0 comes out as the first versions of most gaming systems have some kind of bugs.

They haven't mention anything yet about backward compatibility if they do I post it immediately.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I hope this is a wakeup call for MS, to kick everything in high gear. MS has the advantage with Online gaming, now they just need to bring Project Smart Glass to work seamlessly across the entire Ecosystem.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wish the online service for xbl would be cheaper, but that's just my opinion. I dont really care about the Sims since they match each other everytime.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

They haven't mention anything yet about backward compatibility if they do I post it immediately.

According to The Verge, they have said it won't have native PS3 compatibility, but they're exploring ways to be able to play the games. If it ever comes, it's not going to be by sticking your disc in and playing it, it's almost definitely going to have to be cloud / Gaikai -based.

Last edited:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I think someone mention about being able to play them on the cloud or something like that not to sure how the PS3 games will get transferred to the PS4 :confused:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Lots of developer support from all around the world too I think they said thousand might be a bit less.

Name a few Lucasarts, activision, capcom, Sony Entertainment etc.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you there is something that registered your key on the Sony store, then you could just look at your Sony account and re - download the game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb