Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lfjj
  • 1 Post By etphoto
  1. lfjj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am a huge photography enthusiast and I take as many pictures of the nature, objects and more as I can. My issue is I suck at editing and I think most of my images look very cold and blend, I would like to be able to make the colours warmer somehow so they pop more. I edit strictly on my L920 with either Fotolabb (Creative Studios), Photo Shader, Thumba Cam or Thumba Photo Editor. Some images below as suggestions.





    HeyCori and GSOgymrat like this.
  2. WavingReds's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    753 Posts
    #2  
    Well...If you really want to edit and process your photos I would suggest Lightroom on a PC =/

    Most of the apps won't be as immerse as a program like Lightroom will be
  3. lfjj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by WavingReds View Post
    Well...If you really want to edit and process your photos I would suggest Lightroom on a PC =/

    Most of the apps won't be as immerse as a program like Lightroom will be
    I realize that, but it's nice to edit on the phone right after you've taken the picture.
  4. lfjj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
       #4  
    Lightroom seems too advanced for me, I downloaded Snapseed and I really like how simple it is and I understand it fully. I took a picture today and here are the result before and after (in Snapseed)

    Before:

    2013_02_21_11_14_22_proshot.jpg

    After:

    2013_02_21_11_14_22_proshot_snapseed.jpg
  5. etphoto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,016 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,209 Global Posts
    #5  
    Lightroom isn't meant to be used to edit jpg images from a cellphone anyways. So, I wouldn't go that direction. Just curious, if you're a "huge photography enthusiast" why are you relying on a cellphone anyways? I would only use a cellphone in a pinch. BTW, nice images, you have a good eye (which is 70% of a good image).

    Personally, I would never use a cellphone app to edit images, so, I couldn't help you there. A simple PC program that I've used since 2000 is ACDSee. Its a multi purpose, inexpensive, software. It does have photo editing features (that I rarely use) that should do all the basics. If you wanted your images to "pop" making them warmer wouldn't do that (normally, adding a yellow tint = warmer image). Making them "pop" normally means a correct exporsure and over doing contrast. (there are other methods as well, but thats the easiest and most common).

    Finally, this is 2013 and unfortunately, editing is a large part of photography these days. I would suggest that if you suck at it, its something you are going to want to learn. ACDSee is a good start. I love that software. (PM me if you end up getting it and have questions).
    lfjj likes this.
  6. lfjj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Lightroom isn't meant to be used to edit jpg images from a cellphone anyways. So, I wouldn't go that direction. Just curious, if you're a "huge photography enthusiast" why are you relying on a cellphone anyways? I would only use a cellphone in a pinch. BTW, nice images, you have a good eye (which is 70% of a good image).

    Personally, I would never use a cellphone app to edit images, so, I couldn't help you there. A simple PC program that I've used since 2000 is ACDSee. Its a multi purpose, inexpensive, software. It does have photo editing features (that I rarely use) that should do all the basics. If you wanted your images to "pop" making them warmer wouldn't do that (normally, adding a yellow tint = warmer image). Making them "pop" normally means a correct exporsure and over doing contrast. (there are other methods as well, but thats the easiest and most common).

    Finally, this is 2013 and unfortunately, editing is a large part of photography these days. I would suggest that if you suck at it, its something you are going to want to learn. ACDSee is a good start. I love that software. (PM me if you end up getting it and have questions).
    Hi, thanks for the nice reply. Maybe I refrased myself wrong, but I do enjoy photography alot and just lately I have been starting taking pictures myself. I discovered Snapseed from youtube but realised it wasn't available on WP8 so I downloaded it to my desktop, I find it very simple and easy to use and it does everything I want. I will check out ACDSee as well.
  7. crystal0092's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #7  
    you may really think about the Photoshop if you want to do the professional editing.
    I'm definitely not a professional, the user friendly photo editing software PhotoStudio is OK with me, and it's also a mac photo editor.
  8. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,042 Posts
    #8  
    Try photofunia :) (SOmething like that?) had installed it once and realised I don't use editor much.
  9. montsa007's Avatar
    Ambassador

    Posts
    3,042 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal0092 View Post
    you may really think about the Photoshop if you want to do the professional editing.
    I'm definitely not a professional, the user friendly photo editing software PhotoStudio is OK with me, and it's also a mac photo editor.
    Op wants to stick to the phone for editing.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with Lumia 710 if anyone is kind enough
    By jkrc717 in forum Nokia Lumia 710
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 04:32 PM
  2. Need help with contacts and mango update on HTC Arrive
    By markyshizzle in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 07:33 AM
  3. Need help with my wallpaper...
    By B797 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions