Needing some new music!

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so im in need of some new music, and Im a lover of all music that can actually be considered "music", you know...stuff with lyrics, lyrics written by the people singing, a band that plays the instruments. Here are some facts to help you decide if your music would enjoyed by me:

1. I like to think i categorize myself as more of a indie/folk, or folk/bluegrass kind of guy.
2. My top 5 bands: 1-The Black Keys, 2- The Andrews Sisters, 3- Wayon Jennings, 4-Guns N' EFFING Roses 5.-Sublime
3. Fav individual artist: Jack White
4. Currently playing on repeart on youtube: Parker Millsap - Palisade - O2 Sessions - YouTube
5. Sample playlist currently on my phone:
wp_ss_20130221_0001.pngwp_ss_20130221_0002.pngwp_ss_20130221_0003.pngwp_ss_20130221_0004.png

"Your music sucks!"

Yeah, im sure it does...now that we have that out of the way. Anybody listening to something similar?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Queens of the Stone Age, Black Box Revelation, The Hives, Local H, The Sheepdogs, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Middle Class Rut, Catherine Wheel, Heatmiser, The Whigs, Built to Spill.

Hopefully there are a few there you haven't heard of. I think you'd like most of them.

http://youtu.be/nKOlItOWjM0

BBR only has one album on XBM, sadly.

Last edited:

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
^^^^ Yes!

Also worth a listen: Tim Kasher, Molina & Johnson, Liars, Sam Quinn (his old band was the everybodyfields; they were great too), Wild Sweet Orange, Lou Barlow, Red House Painters...

One of my favorites, Busman's Holiday:

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I should add, it would help if everybody posted 1 youtube of the band (hope to keep thread minimal, so 1 vid per post :) ), and the band should be on XBM.

Thanks krystea!

Willied-You listed a few that I havent listed to in years! Thanks.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
If we're talking about Queens of the Stoneage I am obligated to mention Them Crooked Vultures. In a totally different end of the audio spectrum, Nick Caves new album Push the Sky Away is beautiful... and you did say you liked lyrics.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
"Your music sucks!"

Yeah, im sure it does...now that we have that out of the way. Anybody listening to something similar?

I certainly don't think your music sucks. I enjoyed the Parker Millsap video and I am a fan of Franz Ferdinand and White Stripes. I like a lot of music but my tastes tend more towards pop than most people's. There are artist that I like almost everything they do: Tom Petty, Scissor Sisters, Fountains of Wayne... If you like singer songwriters you might like Aimee Mann. I'm a huge fan.

[video=youtube;Hg3HalV4rlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Hg3HalV4rlI[/video]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel