Who do you dislike more, google or apple?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Another reason I'm generally okay with Apple and not Google: Apple has the guts and the power to stand up to carriers (I hate carriers) while Google doesn't have the guts and just says yes to everything the carriers ask for. Yet Google still decides to bully Microsoft's Windows Phone.

I don't really hate either. The company I don't really like is Facebook, mainly because I hate the trend of having to use Facebook to access other services, such as Spotify.

Oh yeah, them too. I hate how Facebook won't make us a proper app, and even though I don't care for Instragram, I think we need it.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used to dislike Apple and their smug zealots while their cult leader was around, but now that the distortion field wearing off, I kind of feel sorry for them. I still love working on OS X for graphics stuff, and still will never buy another iOS device. I used to like Google when I thought that a completely open sandbox was better than a walled garden, but that wore off quickly when I was spending more time dinking with the OS than enjoying the product, and then feeling completely abandoned with my Droid 2 Global that was never going to see another update after they finally got email to work 7 months after being stuck with that stupid device. Now am pretty indifferent to them, and often confused by their UI and business decisions. They feel so alien, and it's like they only build products for themselves. I used to hate Microsoft with every fiber of my being when I had to go through the monthly reformat to keep Win95/98 going, but I really like the changes they've made lately and I love my Surface Pro and Nokia 920.

I'm sure all this will change again as new regimes take over and the companies evolve.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I dislike Google more than Apple now a days simply because of their moto "Do No Evil" is now "Do lots of evil but make everyone think that we're not at all"

I love how their Android system is like the new Windows of the 90s of the mobile world, lots of malware etc.

slobydamn

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Stupid subject. Why dislike any of them? Both are great innovating companies, but right now I prefer the Windows Phone/Nokia/Microsoft combination.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Apple's prices may be high, but at least Apple is upfront and transparent about their business. It involves you, Apple and your cash. It doesn't involve backroom deals with 3rd parties that subsidize the cost of your purchase, in exchange for the right to track everything you do online, which most people don't even realize is part of the deal.
At least the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro are real computers. Yes, they are expensive, but they're computers that will run any OS (even Windows or Linux).

The Chromebook Pixel is nothing but an overpriced terminal. No Internet access = no computer at all.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Neither company, they both have their flaws like everything else in life.It is what it is, so I use whatever works best for me.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Having said that, I'd take Google any day over the evil Apple! The Nexus 7 was $199 when I bought; compare that with Apple's non-pocketable iPad mini for $329.
Apple is a rip-off, leech. I despise them. If Google or Microsoft ever manage to crush that snooty company then I'd be happy.

I agree with you. I've owned apple products in the past and have had issues with every one of them. I believe that they're over hyped and over priced.

Apple's prices may be high, but at least Apple is upfront and transparent about their business. It involves you, Apple and your cash. It doesn't involve backroom deals with 3rd parties that subsidize the cost of your purchase, in exchange for the right to track everything you do online, which most people don't even realize is part of the deal.

At least not that they'll admit to.

jrod986

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't dislike either company, but as far as fanboys go, Google/Android fans are insufferable creatures; notable for accusing anyone with an iDevice, WP or tablet for being a zealot while trying to convert people to Android and infiltrating Apple or Windows-centric forums to push their agenda or just troll. Known to frequently utter phrases like "freedom" (they don't know what this means), "widgets" (which most don't use because it makes homescreens hiccup), and "root" (maybe because Android phones are so thoroughly molested by carriers that it's handicapped out of the box).

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Heavy iDevices user - macbooks, iPhones, ipads - I am mostly happy with apple's devices and services. Using windows phone and windows 8 mainly for its metro interface.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Aapl since their stock has dropped below $600...android, because they created an OS that isn't compatible with anything except their own app store (chrome notebook)....I guess if you are already emersed in their eco system, this probably won't suck as much.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I decided after Google released the hot pile of crap called the Chromebook Pixel, that Google is my most hated. I can't really say if they're "evil" with all of the other things that happened, but if they're charging 1300$ bucks for that crap, they're even crazier than Apple. At least Apple has more to offer for that price.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like apple for a long time mainly itunes kept making my PC and laptops suffer to death now I found the problem by going through 10 to 15 webpages of apple support on there website :eck:

Which it told to download some software to see what was conflicting with itunes it was my filter software so I uninstall the software and now it works a treat very smooth.

However I don't like it how you can't bluetooth anything to any devices either apple product, can't delete music or videos from the device only by itunes.

I don't like android due to adware and having to sort it out for a staff member with the issue adverts are all over on the notification bar, pops up at anytime :grincry:

So I like both and I hate both :wink:

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I hate google more than I hate apple. Google steal and sell your data, are being immature as regards the little support for windows phones and the tax fiddles ( I am in the UK so my version of events may be different) Apple like people above have said charge 4 and 5 times they should be charging just because the back of their "faster, thinner and better" devices have either a shiny or backlit apple on the back of them. They are corrupt, suing OEM companies like Samsung, Intel, LG ect for making them hardware components and then suing them for if they use it on their own devices. I also don't like the people who buy Apple products, especially if they have more than two of their products, when you can sense an apple ******. Thinking they are better than everyone else for having devices that cost as much as they do. Apple like to make out they are the evolutionists of technology when in fact apple has invented nothing at all. There is not one thing apple make that they have invented themselves, not even the apple logo. There are a lot of sharks in the IT industry but I really do have faith in Microsoft. They get a lot of stick form people who don't know what they are talking about, they look after their customer (13 years back up on windows XP is what I call customer support) they aren't trying to shove the latest and greatest versions of their products down your throat, they don't slag off other companies. They are a great company to invest your money into.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
According to a HTC Wildfire user that phone is better than my HTC titan just because it doesn't run windows phone. To her, even a BlackBerry Curve 8520 is better than my titan. Guthix grant me power...
Hahahaha. Seriously? The Titan is a fantastic phone, very underrated and over looked. Had mine a year, which is the longest Ive ever had a phone, they are brilliant smartphones. Great display.

Last edited:

Mr.Willie

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Well considering this is being typed on an iPad, and my default search engine on all devices is Bing.....

But what I really dislike is that Nokia did an exclusive deal with AT&T for the 920. :(

Apple, because they are the most hypocritical bunch of crap talker ever in existence. I mistrust Google to some extend, but I don't really dislike them. Most of all because I can use the most important Google tools (Google Search, Google Maps, Google Scholar, and watching Youtube videos, and no, in my country Bing is not an option) without using an account.

Why do you feel Apple is hypocritical ?

I dislike Apple. Apple fans blindly buy their products, dont even give others a look. they dont bother to make an INFORMED decision

If someone has been using an iPad for a couple of years and they like it, why would they bother to waste time considering anything else. What can be done on a Surface RT that can't be done on an iPad. Why should I switch ? (Other than Excel, yes Numbers is available for the iPad, but unless you're using simple spreadsheets, Numbers doesn't even come close. )

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium