Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Which company can you not stand at all, google or apple? Personally I don't like apple's iOS right now but however, at least it looks better than android and doesn't steal my data. So for now, I am saying google because of half baked android.
    Thanked by:
    Oliver Newell likes this.

Global Posts
    32,239 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Moving to Off-Topic forum.

Global Posts
    32,239 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I would say I dislike Google more than Apple, since Google uses private data for advertising purposes. Apple does not mine user data for advertising purposes.
    Thanked by:
    gedzum and Etios like this.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Apple, because they are the most hypocritical bunch of crap talker ever in existence. I mistrust Google to some extend, but I don't really dislike them. Most of all because I can use the most important Google tools (Google Search, Google Maps, Google Scholar, and watching Youtube videos, and no, in my country Bing is not an option) without using an account.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    If I HAD to choose? Apple, until they start making more than tiny incremental changes to the iPhone. But I actually don't dislike either of them. I dislike Samsung.
    • I dislike Android. Although I like the user facing features, looking under the hood, at the OS plumbing if you will, is revulsive.
    • I dislike gmail, mainly due to user profiling.
    • I dislike Google's willingness to make use of proprietary WebKit features (similar to the way I once disliked Microsoft and their approach to IE6).
    • I dislike Apple's somewhat arrogant business practices (similar to the way I once disliked Microsoft's).
    • I dislike that Microsoft isn't able to innovate without other companies forcing them to do so (for that I like Google and Apple).

Complicated question with conflicting answers...
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Google fanboys are becoming a bit more unbearable now...
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

I dislike android, its amazingly slow for the extremely high powered hardware, the main difference are bigger and faster phones in shorter time periods and the result is a phone outdated after 3 months. Additionally, I just do t like Java and the average quality of android apps is really bad.

I dislike Apple. I don't trust Google at all.

And it sucks that everyone develops everything for both of them.

Samsung are my least favourite product company. Facebook is my least favourite product.

Android is OK. Apple.... I just don't get it. I was berated by a 3S owner the other day as they thought my Windows phone was crap. Give me strength.
    Last edited by peachy001; 02-22-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by th0mas96 View Post
    I dislike android, its amazingly slow for the extremely high powered hardware, the main difference are bigger and faster phones in shorter time periods and the result is a phone outdated after 3 months. Additionally, I just do t like Java and the average quality of android apps is really bad.
    I'm really impressed how you presented a rational summary of Android while remaining completely free of any traces of exaggeration.
    Thanked by:
    slashd0t likes this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Apple, sorry apple fans its the least exciting of all the major OS's. Bottom line I would take a free phone from either one...

Both. Google is getting far too big, far too powerful, and I don't trust them one bit.
    Apple, well, I dont like the hipster attitude that goes with Apple. Nor do I tend to go with what the elites in Hollywood push
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Samsung are my least favourite product company. Facebook is my least favourite product.

Android is OK. Apple.... I just don't get it. I was berated by a 3S owner the other day as they thought my Windows phone was crap. Give me strength.
    According to a HTC Wildfire user that phone is better than my HTC titan just because it doesn't run windows phone. To her, even a BlackBerry Curve 8520 is better than my titan. Guthix grant me power...

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:

Can't say I dislike any of them much. Not one has done much to **** me off. I had an iPhone and enjoyed it. Had an Android phone for a bit and enjoyed that as well.

The only real electronics company that has pissed me off would have to be AT&T and their ineptness at times in handling issues
    I used to like Google when everything was free...but then they sell your data...not cool.

I like Apple and Microsoft.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    nube_android likes this.

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    I would have to say Google at this point they are so deep into your personal business spying on everyone through their services. I just switched from Gmail to Outlook and couldn't be happier!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I switched to Outlook too. I still use gmail, but not as much. Outlook's UI blows gmail out of the water.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I dislike none. I am too much geek to be hating any tech company.

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts
    I dislike Apple. Apple fans blindly buy their products, dont even give others a look. they dont bother to make an INFORMED decision
    LeLee092 and AHMED STOKON like this.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    I dislike Google more because of what seems to be a hatred for Windows Phone. Like not letting Microsoft make a proper YouTube app, the EAS thing, the Google Maps thing, no Google Plus app. And they sell your data.

I don't really like like how Apple seems kind of arrogant, and has that kind of attitude as if they invented everything and everything they do is revolutionary, but at least they seem to leave Microsoft alone, unlike Google.

iOS vs Android, if I had to choose between the two though, Android. iOS is too plain and boring. Android has improved a lot since its early days.

Fanboys, I think Android fanboys are more annoying.
    Last edited by alpinestars1z; 02-23-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Thanked by:
    Etios 
    Laura Knotek and Etios like this.

a slight bit more for google although pretty close.
    i don't like their shady privacy practices and how they turn EVERY THING into ads-ridden craps.
    btw u should make this into a poll
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    I don't really hate either. The company I don't really like is Facebook, mainly because I hate the trend of having to use Facebook to access other services, such as Spotify.
    Thanked by:
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    I don't really hate either. The company I don't really like is Facebook, mainly because I hate the trend of having to use Facebook to access other services, such as Spotify.
    That's very 2011. You can sign in with/create a user name, of your own choice, not connected to any social services.
    Thanked by:
    I feel like I dislike google more. I share the reasons as some here, but what really annoys me is what youtube has become and how it affects usage on my phone sometimes. Before youtube just worked as it was meant to. Now, they mess around with layouts, sub boxes and recommendations are broken beyond belief, ads (to a lesser extent). ugh, it's infuriating sometimes.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and BIGPADDY like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast