Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree6Likes
  1. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #1  
    just wanna see what teams you guys play for. I own an xbox 360 and currently have 35102 gamerscore :D i also own a ps3 and am a level 4 gamer
    Favorite games list:
    Mass Effect Series
    Dragon age Series
    Halo Series
    Assassins Creed Series
    God of War Series
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas
    Skyrim
    Battlefield 3
    Call of duty 4 Modern warfare
    Tom Clancy games
    Darksiders Series
    The Witcher 2
    Batman Arkham Series
    Deus Ex(wish it were longer)
    RED DEAD
    Oblivion
    Dantes inferno
    Fable 1 only
    OH AND MINECRAFT!!
    I Like to get to know my fellow gamers what are you guys favorite games

    Power to the gamers!!
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

    BIGPADDY likes this.
  2. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    982 Posts
    #2  
    Xbox 360 and PC for me. I'll list out a few awesome games.

    Skyrim [Xbox & PC] *I liked it enough to rebuy on the PC and use with an xbox controller... solely for the mods and game transfers between console and PC*
    Trials HD & Trials Evolution
    Worms & Worms 2: Armageddon
    Geometry Wars 2
    SSX Tricky [original Xbox]
    Thief: The Dark Project, Thief 2: The Metal Age
    System Shock II
    StarCraft & StarCraft II
    Crackdown (1st one rocked, the 2nd one kinda sucked)
    Call of Duty 3 (yep)
    Burnout 3: Takedown, Burnout Revenge, Burnout Paradise
    Split/Second
    Portal, Portal 2
    GTA IV
    Frontlines (for the multiplayer)
    Mass Effect
    Fallout 3

    I suck at shooters, but I do enjoy Battlefield 3 and Halo: Reach from time to time. Got them both free from Microsoft (BF3 from ordering the console online, and Reach for participating in one of their dashboard betas)
  3. Steephill's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    #3  
    PC till the day I die. Consoles just offer a subpar gaming experience to me. Here's probably about 80% off my collection. Steam Community :: [Gold] Steephill :: Games
    My computer is nothing special, i5 2500, 2gb 6870, 8gb 1333 ram. I use an IE3 for my mouse and my keyboard is a CM Storm Quickfire pro. Mech keyboards are amazing!
  4. #4  
    Xbox 360 and I just picked up an Asus G75 for school/gaming.
  5. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Xbox 360 and PC for me. I'll list out a few awesome games.

    Skyrim [Xbox & PC] *I liked it enough to rebuy on the PC and use with an xbox controller... solely for the mods and game transfers between console and PC*
    Trials HD & Trials Evolution
    Worms & Worms 2: Armageddon
    Geometry Wars 2
    SSX Tricky [original Xbox]
    Thief: The Dark Project, Thief 2: The Metal Age
    System Shock II
    StarCraft & StarCraft II
    Crackdown (1st one rocked, the 2nd one kinda sucked)
    Call of Duty 3 (yep)
    Burnout 3: Takedown, Burnout Revenge, Burnout Paradise
    Split/Second
    Portal, Portal 2
    GTA IV
    Frontlines (for the multiplayer)
    Mass Effect
    Fallout 3

    I suck at shooters, but I do enjoy Battlefield 3 and Halo: Reach from time to time. Got them both free from Microsoft (BF3 from ordering the console online, and Reach for participating in one of their dashboard betas)
    cool that's awesome
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

  6. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Haeven View Post
    Xbox 360 and I just picked up an Asus G75 for school/gaming.
    cool Xbox is awesome any fav games you go for?
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

  7. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steephill View Post
    PC till the day I die. Consoles just offer a subpar gaming experience to me. Here's probably about 80% off my collection. Steam Community :: [Gold] Steephill :: Games
    My computer is nothing special, i5 2500, 2gb 6870, 8gb 1333 ram. I use an IE3 for my mouse and my keyboard is a CM Storm Quickfire pro. Mech keyboards are amazing!
    that's cool I have to disagree with you on the subpar comment. I think think PC gaming is amazing but only if you have the right stuff which not everyone can afford. Once you lose what makes gaming on a PC great its infinitely infuriating. And I have loved Xbox since release.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

  8. #8  
    PC is the best IMO. I also have an Xbox 360 that I got for free from my parents when they bought some bundled deal at best buy, its pretty cool but I say PC still wins.

    My games
    PC:
    Age of empires 1-3
    Ruse
    Mass Effect 1-2
    Civilization 3-5
    World in Conflict
    GTA IV
    and a bunch bunch more

    XBOX 360:
    Hal war, and another can't remember which
    Zumba
    Kinect sports(?)
    Fallout new Vegas
    And some others I've yet to play.




    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    [IMG][/IMG]
  9. Miekk4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #9  
    Pc gamer here too. My computer is nothing special and I think I need to upgrade my cpu pretty soon (Phenom II 955 4x3,2Ghz, Hd Radeon 7770, 8gb 1866mhz ram, Samsung 830 ssd). I usually play games on Steam. Here is a couple of recent titles I have been playing lately: Dark Souls, Legend of Grimrock, Borderlands 2, Stalker Series, Orcs Must Die 2... I could go on forever:).

    There are lots of interesting titles coming to All platforms. Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider are just around the corner and a little later more RPG greatness in the form of Witcher and Dark Souls 2. Can't wait:). ...oh and Trials coming to pc this spring;).
  10. #10  
    I like PC gaming but can't afford it. I'm an Xbox guy. I came up on Sega, starting with the original 8-bit Sega Master System and all the way up to the Dreamcast. There was an N64 in there somewhere for Mariokart, Rogue Squadron, and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, as well as the Mario Party games, which to this day are the only games I can really get my wife to play with me. :P

    Anyway, I went with the original Xbox because I never liked Sony's Dual Shock controller. I found the location of the left analog stick below the D-Pad to be awkward. And now I'm on 360, looking forward the whatever they're gonna call the next one!
    Thanked by:
  11. jlynnm350z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #11  
    Never tried PC gaming. Hear good things. Idn, just as fun on the Xbox.
    Thanked by:
  12. iHuGi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #12  
    iS Asys G75 good for gaming ? How much it cost ? Has Touch Screen ?
  13. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,821 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    #13  
    PC/Xbox/Wii here

    I play the Wii for the Mario stuff
    Xbox for things like Halo, Dance Central, Kinect, etc
    PC for MMOs such as RS, WoW, as well as some other misc games like RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:
  14. Steephill's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    that's cool I have to disagree with you on the subpar comment. I think think PC gaming is amazing but only if you have the right stuff which not everyone can afford. Once you lose what makes gaming on a PC great its infinitely infuriating. And I have loved Xbox since release.
    Actually, you can build a good gaming computer for less than $500 or even cheaper if you want a cheap gaming computer. Not to mention games are way cheaper, I got Borderlands 2 only two weeks after it was released for $20. Average price I've payed for a game is probably around $15. My computer cost about $800 to build a year ago, and it absolutely demolished everything at 1280x1080. BF:BC2 60-70 fps, Dota 2 100 fps, Crysis 60 fps, Metro 2033 60fps, etc all the games maxed out. You could easily get away with less specs. I also played with a cheap $5 keyboard for the longest time, and my nice keyboard now cost less than a full priced console game. If you'd really like to learn more about PC gaming, and especially building a cheap computer, I'd suggest looking up TekSyndicate on YouTube.
    Thanked by:
  15. jdom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    136 Posts
    #15  
    XBOX always
    Thanked by:
    Oliver Newell likes this.
  16. peachy001's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    866 Posts
    #16  
    Xbox
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

    Gamertag: peachy001
    Thanked by:
    Oliver Newell likes this.
  17. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    982 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steephill View Post
    Actually, you can build a good gaming computer for less than $500
    Ehm, say what?! I find that extremely hard to believe... define good. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I'm going to need a little convincing :P The key to a good gaming computer than can run a lot of THE NEWER (recent) good games without being on low to mid graphical settings or having low frame rates is a good graphics card, something that can offload the processing onto a dedicated GPU. I didn't buy top of the line by any means, but when I built my computer I spent $400 on my graphics card alone. It hasn't been upgraded since 2008 so max settings in Skyrim are pretty much impossible to play on, but still...good graphics cards can be expensive. That's not counting a good processor and at least a decent motherboard (and while RAM isn't really too expensive comparatively, you have to factor in that cost, along with a good HDD which should probably be 7,200RPM+). And at least a semi-decent monitor that can keep up with the action on-screen, unless you're assuming that everyone has one of those by now. Oh, and a case to fit it all.

    It's running expensive for me to upgrade though. I'm gunning for an i7 Ivy Bridge, good Gigabyte motherboard, and 16Gb RAM (might be a little overkill, I know, but I'm future-proofing) and those 3 parts alone are $589 for what I'm looking at. Fortunately, that should be all I need (well, aside from a new case which I want for aesthetical purposes, and something with much better airflow and space inside)... a buddy is gifting me a graphics card that is much more powerful than mine.
    Thanked by:
  18. TonyDedrick's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    647 Posts
    #18  
    I have a 360, a Wii, a Wii U, and a 3DS.

    Add WP to that too

    I thought about a PS3, but its hard enough keeping up with and affording games on the systems I have now.
    Thanked by:
  19. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    #19  
    PS3 and PC for me.

    I used to be big on PC games but now mostly just stick ton playing PS3 on the big screen.
  20. DAIMONDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    188 Posts
    #20  
    PC gamer here. If you have a good rig then it blows everything else away. Crysis 3 looks amazing on a pc with everything up very high.

    Dont get me wrong i do play consoles and i have most and i will get the new ps4 and xbox but im a graphics ***** and my pc gives me that fix ;) and i love the mods you can use.

    Oddly the wiiu just doesn't interest me. Its one if the only consoles i havnt owned. Its a shame they didn't wait til the end of this year and compete with the big boys.

    Im more interested in the Ouya over the wiiu and i cant wait to try out the Oculus Rift with Doom 4. Virtual reality is coming back!
  21. GDannyboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #21  
    PC. Halo, Civ V, Walking Dead, and The Sims 3
  22. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #22  
    Xbox... have quite a few games, but when I do play, I play CoD. Right now, Black Ops II.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  23. #23  
    I will be getting the upcoming 720 or whatever Microsoft are going to call it. Im quite sick of playstation now to be honest. Very few good games on it, the online is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if you have to pay for online on XBOX the online gameplay on XBOX is so much better. I play the Call of duty's a lot and you would not believe the amount of game hacking that still goes on SEN (yeah Sony renamed it, not many people know that it isn't called PSN anymore, its Sony Entertainment Network ? !), even the more recent ones like MW3, these stupid little hackers completely spoiling it for everyone else. Besides which I am only an XBOX down from having the full Microsoft eco system which, lets be honest, is the best around. Other than that the XBOX has always been a more serious games console where as the Playstation have been universal tools - blue ray players, dvd players in the days of the PS2 ect.
    Last edited by Oliver Newell; 02-24-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Thanked by:
  24. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    PC gamer here. If you have a good rig then it blows everything else away. Crysis 3 looks amazing on a pc with everything up very high.

    Dont get me wrong i do play consoles and i have most and i will get the new ps4 and xbox but im a graphics ***** and my pc gives me that fix ;) and i love the mods you can use.

    Oddly the wiiu just doesn't interest me. Its one if the only consoles i havnt owned. Its a shame they didn't wait til the end of this year and compete with the big boys.

    Im more interested in the Ouya over the wiiu and i cant wait to try out the Oculus Rift with Doom 4. Virtual reality is coming back!
    I gotta say I'm not much of a graphics ***** one of my favorite games to this day is final fantasy 7, story line wise I think its pretty hard to beat and I can actually look past graphics that's why I don't mind console gaming because as long as its decent enough with an awesome story line in ok with it.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

  25. WinFan1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    283 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Newell View Post
    I will be getting the upcoming 720 or whatever Microsoft are going to call it. Im quite sick of playstation now to be honest. Very few good games on it, the online is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if you have to pay for online on XBOX the online gameplay is so much better. I play the Call of duty's a lot and you would not believe the amount of game hacking that still goes on it, even the more recent ones like MW3, these stupid little hackers completely spoiling it for everyone else. Besides which I am only an XBOX down from having the full Microsoft eco system which, lets be honest, is the best around.
    I must say I'm not very fond of ps either. Sony has to do a better job of online monitoring.
    Last edited by WinFan1; 02-25-2013 at 03:25 AM.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Choices - XBOX Music Pass or Nokia Music+ ... ?
    By coffeemike in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 02:02 PM
  2. Those that dont live Xbox Music and/or Video
    By missionsparta in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 12:03 AM
  3. Xbox Music Pass or Rhapsody
    By John Kwon in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM
  4. Hey guys 8x or ativ for tmobile us
    By mikejets89 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 03:22 AM
  5. hey guys. I got a question. Very important
    By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions