Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Deciding now without seeing what Microsoft does is a bit premature. I'll wait until both are out and see how they compare. Sony definitely showed some interesting stuff last week, but who knows if they can live up to their promises.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Well I ain't paying $60 or whatever it is for online gaming, no matter who it is from.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Next Xbox all the way! Have lots of friends on Xbox live. The online community seems to be much larger. It is also a much better online experience in my opinion. Even though it cost to play online it is more than worth it! The PS4 isn't even an option for me, even if the specs "could" be better.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.

Xbox! Especially if that illumiroom is going to be included or an option!
    Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by absonj View Post
    Ya, that would be awesome, but I'm not sure Illumiroom will be a part of this launch.

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by absonj View Post
    The problem is how do you consumer-ize the projectors? It's one thing for Microsoft to produce a custom set up for the MSR video, but another thing to make it into a form that's convenient for millions of homes.

As long as gta 5 comes out for PS3 I really will not bother with a new system. But when I do decide to get a new one, it will be a ps4.

Global Posts
    1,894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by failed1234 View Post
    Well I ain't paying $60 or whatever it is for online gaming, no matter who it is from.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    That is an excuse, sorry but it is. A year of Xbox live can be gotten for around $35 a year if you hunt around. Normally they go on sale a few times a year on assorted site. My account is good till 2015 now but, when I hit fall, It will be good till 2016. I have both now. a PS3 and a Xbox 360, the Xbox experiance for online BLOWS AWAY the PS3. In my eyes it's worth the $35-40 a year that I end up getting it for. I have really tried to get the enjoyment of online with the PS3 and it really does suck compared to the 360.

I have a Gaming PC that can run pretty much anything at full graphics now and both a PS3 and a Xbox 360. I prefer my PC and 360. The PS3 has some great excusive titles for it, off the top of my head, Uncharted (I would of gotten the PS3 just for that series, epic) and God of War, never mind others.

What will I get ? Just like any system, it's about the games. When the PS4 has the titles I want to play, I will buy one if the price is right, same with the New Xbox. Over all, after a year goes by, I will have both I am sure. As for the WIIU, till there are more games that blow me away (waiting for a Mario Galaxy game in HD), I will grab one of those too. My current Wii has not be used in over 6 months.

Both my PS3 and Wii are modded because I can care less about the online on them...but, I would not even think about doing that to my 360 and I am sure it will be the same for the next gen consoles...

It's all about the games, a system is worthless unless it has great games to play and New HD or even 4K does not do anything with out the games.....
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

I WILL be first in line at my local store to get the new Xbox!! This is the first console launch I'm old enough to really camp outside a store for! (except for the Wii U lmao)
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Not sure I will be the first one there. I may not even get it on launch day.... Please MS, don't make it too close to Christmas.

On another note, I am assuming that when they say "holiday period" they mean Christmas time?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Not sure I will be the first one there. I may not even get it on launch day.... Please MS, don't make it too close to Christmas.

On another note, I am assuming that when they say "holiday period" they mean Christmas time?
    Typically holiday period is Q4
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Most likely none since most of my friends dont care anymore. I may purchase one if it drops to $300 and see what i have been missing.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

One of these!!! RetroDuo Prortable

Will be all over the new xbox like a tramp on hot chips.

Xbox for me. Always got on better with the controller. Had a PS3 and 360 since the beginning, and the PS3 only really ever got used for Bluray films.

Not sure i'll even bother with a PS4.

PS3 will be my next buy tbh. I've loved my xbox to bits but i simply can't afford the spend on a new console with new game prices. So a cheap PS3 with a massive back catalog of games for under 10 each that I've never played is the way forward for me!!

I don't play online so if they block out ps3 games from online play its no great loss tbh...

Once the new console have been out a while and prices have dropped along with second hand games hopefully being playable then I'll upgrade probably to Xbox next..
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    I'm not getting either... planning to wait 2-3 years more with my Xbox 360 so I've had my console for 3-4 years before I upgrade it. Phones/tablets I seem to replace on a yearly basis, but as far as desktops/consoles go, I like to get 4-5 years out of them.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I don't have your will power. I don't think I will be there at midnight, my work colleagues and family would disown me. I am considering the PS option but obviously need to see what MS bring to the table.

So many rumours of an April reveal, so may know soon.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Blu3V3nom07 and BIGPADDY like this.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    My new plan is to wait a few month after the release until they make the slim PS4.

However I'm more interested in saving my money up for a surface pro it would benefit more than a console would.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    JungleFiene likes this.

Microsoft did it right. I can't see myself getting the PS4 over the next Xbox How else am I supposed to re-finish the fight if Halo 5 isn't on the 360? But really, I'm with BIGPADDY on getting a Surface Pro before any console. Where my efficiency would improve with the Surface Pro, it melts into a puddle of goo when I jump on the Xbox, and I need to get things done.

God I'm getting old. Wish I was still young when completing a game was a major goal, now it's budgeting and saving for a house.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Here many rumours of a late April reveal.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Thanked by:
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12