What gaming console do you think you will buy, in the next 18 months?

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The new Xbox.
Watched the PS4 announcement and didn't see anything that would tempt me away from my Xbox.
Some of what they're proposing is just not to work with the shockingly poor broadband speeds we have in the UK.
I'm more than happy to pay for Xbox Live too, worth every penny from what I've heard of Playstation Network.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
PS4. Have a PS3, and probably won't upgrade, but if it came to it, I would get the PS4. Free multiplayer!
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

I think you will find that Sony will be limiting this. They just cannot justify not milking the cash cow. It would be crazy for them not to charge. Look at the announcement, free play would have been all over it if they intended to continue with it. It is one of the things that always gets mentioned as a Playstation advantage on forums. Now MS cannot give it up, and Sony know it. They can either is it as a USP or start milking. I reckon they will start milking with gusto.

I am 99% Xbox at the moment. Converted so many over to it previously that I have a decent load of family members on it. I also don't like the previous Sony controllers.

I am impressed by the specs of the PS4, but so many of the "features" the 360 already does. Not the major stuff, but some little bits. As for the touchscreen on the controller, I am not getting it. Battery sapping waste of space in my mind.

cadwr

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Deciding now without seeing what Microsoft does is a bit premature. I'll wait until both are out and see how they compare. Sony definitely showed some interesting stuff last week, but who knows if they can live up to their promises.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Next Xbox all the way! Have lots of friends on Xbox live. The online community seems to be much larger. It is also a much better online experience in my opinion. Even though it cost to play online it is more than worth it! The PS4 isn't even an option for me, even if the specs "could" be better.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Xbox! Especially if that illumiroom is going to be included or an option!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Xbox! Especially if that illumiroom is going to be included or an option!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

The problem is how do you consumer-ize the projectors? It's one thing for Microsoft to produce a custom set up for the MSR video, but another thing to make it into a form that's convenient for millions of homes.

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
As long as gta 5 comes out for PS3 I really will not bother with a new system. But when I do decide to get a new one, it will be a ps4.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I ain't paying $60 or whatever it is for online gaming, no matter who it is from.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

That is an excuse, sorry but it is. A year of Xbox live can be gotten for around $35 a year if you hunt around. Normally they go on sale a few times a year on assorted site. My account is good till 2015 now but, when I hit fall, It will be good till 2016. I have both now. a PS3 and a Xbox 360, the Xbox experiance for online BLOWS AWAY the PS3. In my eyes it's worth the $35-40 a year that I end up getting it for. I have really tried to get the enjoyment of online with the PS3 and it really does suck compared to the 360.

I have a Gaming PC that can run pretty much anything at full graphics now and both a PS3 and a Xbox 360. I prefer my PC and 360. The PS3 has some great excusive titles for it, off the top of my head, Uncharted (I would of gotten the PS3 just for that series, epic) and God of War, never mind others.

What will I get ? Just like any system, it's about the games. When the PS4 has the titles I want to play, I will buy one if the price is right, same with the New Xbox. Over all, after a year goes by, I will have both I am sure. As for the WIIU, till there are more games that blow me away (waiting for a Mario Galaxy game in HD), I will grab one of those too. My current Wii has not be used in over 6 months.

Both my PS3 and Wii are modded because I can care less about the online on them...but, I would not even think about doing that to my 360 and I am sure it will be the same for the next gen consoles...

It's all about the games, a system is worthless unless it has great games to play and New HD or even 4K does not do anything with out the games.....

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I WILL be first in line at my local store to get the new Xbox!! This is the first console launch I'm old enough to really camp outside a store for! (except for the Wii U lmao)

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I will be the first one there. I may not even get it on launch day.... Please MS, don't make it too close to Christmas.

On another note, I am assuming that when they say "holiday period" they mean Christmas time?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Most likely none since most of my friends dont care anymore. I may purchase one if it drops to $300 and see what i have been missing.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Xbox for me. Always got on better with the controller. Had a PS3 and 360 since the beginning, and the PS3 only really ever got used for Bluray films.

Not sure i'll even bother with a PS4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3