What gaming console do you think you will buy, in the next 18 months?

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I saw Sony's PS4 announcement, and I'm really worried for Microsoft now.
So, I wanted to ask y'all. What console, if any, will you buy in the next 18 months after hearing about its announcement.

• Sony PlayStation 4
  • Microsoft "XBOX ∞"
  • Nintendo Wii U
  • Valve "SteamBox"
  • SmartThing
  • (Multiple Purchases)
  • I don't think I will buy anything, or I can buy an N-Gage for even less money.

I myself Want to stick with the Xbox. I like the interface still, its messaging, achievements, and my friends already play there.
As of now, I have a PS3, and its been alright. That PS4 sure looks neat, but I still can't get past that interface they briefly, but did, show. The handlebars it has are funny now. The triggers actually seem smaller. At least the controller's supposed to be a little heavier now. AND, those PS4 exclusive games look Gorgeous.

Oh, and maybe I'll try to get the newer WP8.5 or whatever. ~ Kay!

PS4 - 45p.png

Last edited:

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Why would you be worried about Microsoft? So far the rumors for the next Xbox have it with the same specs as the PS4 which is better than its current specs against the PS3.

I'll definitely be on the next Xbox as long as they don't do the used games ban.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: What console do you think you will buy, in the next 18 months?

Why would you be worried about Microsoft? So far the rumors for the next Xbox have it with the same specs as the PS4 which is better than its current specs against the PS3.

I'll definitely be on the next Xbox as long as they don't do the used games ban.

PS4 has 8 GB GDDR5! That's crazy good. ~ Its like they're trying their trying their hardest to slaughter, not just win. (Along with Nintendo)

I mean, I don't really care if they do the used-games ban. I buy new games, anyway. But I don't think anybody's gonna be on my side. I just wanna play with my friends, and not necessarily just follow the crowd.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
RE: What console do you think you will buy, in the next 18 months?

The new Xbox.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

I'll most likely get the PS4. There are a few PS only titles that I can't live without and the rest of the games usually come out for both XBox and PS.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

As long as the xbox keeps improving its media content im sticking with them. I dont really play too many games. I only have my PS3 to play 3D Bluray movies. Hopefully the next xbox will have 3D Bluray. I would also like FiOS to come to my neighborhood so I can get rid of my cable company. My dream set up is to only have the xbox and surround sound underneath my TV for a clutter free area.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
None, I am just not the gamer I was anymore. But if I change my mind, either a new PC (I was always a PC person) or because of a console's simplicity an Xbox 720 (or whatever it will be called). No Sony, no Nintendo.

Actually I had every Nintendo mobile console from the first Gameboy to the Gameboy Advance, but then they came up with the Nintendo DS what just wasn't fun at all for me (ugly 3D graphics instead of pretty and simple 2D, all that crappy 'revolutionary' input, lame games, at release at least, a big and ugly device), so I sold it pretty fast and that was it for me and Nintendo.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I havn't owned a console since GameCube and most likely won't own the next gen console's either. To me they are nothing but glorified media players, as there is no game I would want to play on a console over PC. There are some exclusive titles, but they are often single player games that I wouldn't play anyways :D

But I'd definitely get the new Xbox if any to complete my ecosystem.

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps the new Xbox, I'm not a big gamer but it would complete my Microsoft ecosystem.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

The new Xbox.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

To elaborate... I enjoy the 360 and love the exclusives they get prior to Sony Playstation. I wish this would be the case when it came to apps on WP.

I remember last year with Modern Warfare 3, Xbox users received the DLCs almost a month, if not more than Playstation.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

• Microsoft "XBOX ∞"
Kinect 2.0 + XBox Surface controller will make this a no-brainer. I already have a Mac Mini as a media center PC. But I might still end up getting XBL Gold for all the gaming features.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If I had the money I would buy a top of an line PC, Top laptop Alienware or something like that PS4 and Next XBOX. :excited:

Realistically I have to wait and see what both the PS4 and Next XBOX will be like, I'm more sided to PS4 due to being with playstation throughout my life but I will see what both will be like after they have been released for over a few months. :smile:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
None, I am just not the gamer I was anymore. But if I change my mind, either a new PC (I was always a PC person) or because of a console's simplicity an Xbox 720 (or whatever it will be called). No Sony, no Nintendo.

Actually I had every Nintendo mobile console from the first Gameboy to the Gameboy Advance, but then they came up with the Nintendo DS what just wasn't fun at all for me (ugly 3D graphics instead of pretty and simple 2D, all that crappy 'revolutionary' input, lame games, at release at least, a big and ugly device), so I sold it pretty fast and that was it for me and Nintendo.

Won't try to change your opinion. But IMO, the DS (and by extension the 3DS) has provided some awesome gaming experiences.

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
PS4. Have a PS3, and probably won't upgrade, but if it came to it, I would get the PS4. Free multiplayer!
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3