Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I won't jump 'ship', but I still will get the new iPhone, every year!

I get all the good stuff.

@Coreldan ... keep in mind, Apple is the reason every one is charging $200 or less for a premium smartphone. I remember paying an arm and a leg for the Nokia 6682, which was said to be a smartphone, because it had email and PIM functionality.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lfjj View Post
    Why would it be a joke? Considering Apple still have a nice momentum while WP8 seems to be rolling like a slow train right now, I think this is a good discussion.
    Actually, that's completely wrong...

Windows Phone is growing at 150%, while Android is at 70% and iOS at 20%. If anything, Apple has lost significant momentum.

You must not read WPCentral often...

http://www.windowscentral.com/idc-re...-windows-phone

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    My Lumia 920 will sit in my drawer until Microsoft can give me gapless playback. This is 2013. Didn't the iPod in 2006 support gapless playback?

Maybe if they upgraded the UI and even so I'm not sure.
    After WP I'm thinking of trying out android for the first time so iOS is the last in my list lol

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jodahav View Post
    In a couple of years, when win8 is the dominant desktop platform, wp8.xx is going to feel very natural to most users. This is when we will see market share increase dramatically.
    Devs will start making win8 apps and Blue will make it easy to scale down to wp8, which will erase the "app gap.". Microsoft is in this for the long haul. Android showed how quickly a platform can take over, and once Microsoft fully developes the mobile to desktop integration that win8 provides, people will be at a disadvantage if they don't have a wp8 device.
    Google sees this, and that is why they made their fancy new chromebook. They need a desktop presence to keep up with Microsoft's grand scheme.
    Microsoft has best ecosystem but they need to leverage their ecosystem more. They have Windows 8, Xbox, and Office/Exchange. WP8 should be the best OS for business.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    If I jumped ship it would not be to Apple. The only thing that I like about the iPhone is they have a vast selection of high quality apps. Android phones have things I like such as removable batteries, large screens, expandable memory, kickstands, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by explosive012 View Post
    My Lumia 920 will sit in my drawer until Microsoft can give me gapless playback. This is 2013. Didn't the iPod in 2006 support gapless playback?
    Phonographs supported gapless playback since around 1916 - what took Apple five entire generations of the iPod to support it? The answer is that you and I want gapless playback for our DJ sets and 1970s art rock concept albums, but Joe or Jane Consumer just wants to hear one track from Taylor Swift, and then one from Bieber, and then maybe one from that band from last year that they can't really remember the name but it goes "dah dah dah dah dahhhhhh, baby baby baby". It's a B-list feature at best, so it's going to be some time before they implement it. Right now it's more important to put the resources toward making sure the music player doesn't cause a kernel panic when you back out of it too fast after starting a track or other things that will kill the experience for everyone.

I don't think I'll jump ship, I'm quite happy with my colour phone that describes me, very much bored of a static sea of icons.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,392 Global Posts
    Nope

PM me for more details

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    No it cost a lot too join the ship
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

After 2 years on Android with a phone that never got updates unless I used xda-developers to help out I will not jump ship. The longer I use WP the more I like it. It was a lot easier to integrate with the office then Android ever was.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Eff an iPhone
    ~Sal
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    ..if the iPhone 6 or whatever will have a 5 inch screen?
    No, I've been playing a lot with phones lately and have realized that my tolerance level for bulk in the front pocket of my jeans maxes about around 4.3". I would have no qualms about buying an iPhone 5 at 4" as it is already. The one and only thing I dislike about it is that the UI and multitasking need a freshen up. All insider signs so far point to that coming not far off and will very likely be available to the iPhone 5.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post

Windows Phone is growing at 150%, while Android is at 70% and iOS at 20%. If anything, Apple has lost significant momentum.

IDC reports a 150% YoY change for Windows Phone but is it enough? | Windows Phone Central
    Anyone who thinks a company this huge is going to just sit at the sidelines and watch the world go by without having something up its sleeve... well... ;)

Not many people seem to be aware that Apple is VERY much aware that people are asking for a UI improvement. Apple has not so quietly been hiring some prominent UI designers very recently so it doesn't take a fortune teller to know a new and improved iOS UI is already being worked on... so when people's most popular beef about iPhones gets fixed, on a device that currently sits at #1 already... guess what's going to happen. I imagine there's going to be a lot of grinning iPhone 5 owners saying "whatcha got to say now?"

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Hey we don't need to bash each other and be rude. Keep it civilized.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Hey we don't need to bash each other and be rude. Keep it civilized.
    Where did that come from?

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    ..if the iPhone 6 or whatever will have a 5 inch screen?
    Yeah, why not? Because my Ativ's 4.7 inch screen is just too small...

Honestly, why would I jump a ship that's not sinking?
    My next phone...
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post

IDC reports a 150% YoY change for Windows Phone but is it enough? | Windows Phone Central
    The point is Apple is selling 40-50 million iPhones per quarter and have sold over 200 million worldwide since 2007. Nokia has a long way to go to equal what Apple has done.

Well only if iPhone has WP OS... otherwise I have no interesting in it. The only phone that will make me to jump from Nokia 920 is the next high end Nokia phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    The point is Apple is selling 40-50 million iPhones per quarter and have sold over 200 million worldwide since 2007. Nokia has a long way to go to equal what Apple has done.
    I get your point and you are correct, but if you want to go back Nokia has probably sold a lot more devices than apple has.

But your point is totally valid. At this point Nokia is not even in the same ballpark as Apple.
    My next phone...

I use Android and WP8. I don't like Apple or iOS so no, not a chance.

no. will buy the next high-end lumia in 2 years though :)
    Thanked by:

Common question and a fence sitters standard refrain based on doubt and envy. I have the 920 and I'm good with it and its growth. I'm one that would rather have the app done right or not at all. I've seen a lot of apps that were dropped before they were ready.

I've had at least one WP app I know cause my 900 to do unusual things until it was uninstalled and restarted. So I feel it better to wait. I'm a tech junkie and granted, there are some news reader apps I think would be great on my 920. Such as Feedly and even Currents. We don't have those yet but we have other cool reader apps like Weave, Metrofeed, Newser, Nextgen and WPCentral app (shameless plug for my boys). So I don't miss any news.

The apps I want or alternatives, will come. They always come. It is how a developers DNA functions. They see a need and opportunity to make a buck and fill it. MS need only do its part and create the canvas or environment for which this development can happen and when they do that, the app stores flourish. Long story short, I have no plans to jump ship.
    Developer

No, I admire simple design of Windows Phone too much. I sometimes just turn on the phone and scroll up and down when I'm bored because I like it so much.
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac and kwambe5 like this.

Global Posts
    4,760 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    I don't see any reason I won't get the next version of it in 2014 when they have some 3 gigapixel f/0 camera in it that takes perfect pictures even with your finger over the lens.
    You do realize you can't divide anything by zero. (Haha.)
    So, I've seen rumors that the iPhone 5S wil have a 12MP camera. Haha, next please. They still can't beat my N8.

Plus, I'd also be mocked if I went back to an iPhone as my daily driver. Even my 5800 was more useful than this!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast