Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I believe that the majority of the users on this forum are older than me ( 22 years of age ).

I have a few questions for you. You dont have to be exact about your personal information.

How old are you?
    Are you happy?
    Are you bored of your everyday grind?
    What have you found to be the purpose of life?
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex
    Thanked by:
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    How old are you?
    Are you happy?
    1. Almost 30.
    2. I'm very happy, I don't always feel happy, but whenever I put everything in perspective, I'm a very, very happy person.
    3. No, my work is amazingly interesting and I still meet people I like regularly.
    4. I'm a biologist, so for me this is an easy one: Our purpose is to replicate, we exist because we replicated since the beginning of life. Our entire body is programmed to replicate (yes, we all like sex, but it's much deeper actually). We all are incredibly complex machines we don't even nearly understand, and we still give our pieces of DNA to next generations like we did for millions of years. For me this is all the purpose and wonder I need in life.

Almost 40

Most of the time yes, quite happy.

Yes and no, the drive to work is a pain, but I love singing in the car and also listening to Radio 4. The work is never-ending and the days really fly by. Not my ideal job, but not the worst I have had.

The purpose of my life is frighteningly similar to the one above as it happens. I feel I am here to pass my genes on. My kids are my chance to out live my natural life. Best of all, they are pretty good too and amaze me frequently. So much potential in those little vessels of genetic information.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Is there another purpose besides the default of multiplying? Im not looking for the default since I been treading over that subject for years and dont see the appeal.

I reckon, aside from the aforementioned reproductive answer, the goal is for you to get to the point where you are no longer in the grind, where you get up and actually like the idea of going to work, or whatever you do if you don't work.

I know a guy that works as and when he feels like it. Enjoys what he does, although it is taking a toll on him. Genuinely will work 20 hour days if necessary, but if he does not want to he will leave it and have a day off. He is self employed so is his own master.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    1: 30
    2: I live in a western country, ive always had acces to food, water and a home so Yes!
    3: My job is totaly crazy, allmost to the ponit where I quit in search of some calm everyday grind.
    4: To quote a smart young boy,
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while - and do whatever you want all the time - you can miss it".
    /Eric Cartman
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    What if I dont want anything?

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    What if I dont want anything?
    Then just enjoy the world.

Ditto
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    You guys are funny.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,519 Global Posts
    In the beginning It all started with hydrogen and gravity. Now look at how far we've come.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Ian Too and xandros9 like this.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Im not trying to be a d**k.

In the beginning It all started with hydrogen and gravity. Now look at how far we've come.

The repetition is magnificent.

The purpose of your life is whatever you make of it. If you are worried about your purpose then the purpose of your life should be to find your purpose and then to pursue it. Your purpose may be reproduction, pleasure, achievement,etc. If you have not found it then you have to work on what can help you find it. I think I have a fairly good idea of what my purpose is. Right now I am 34 and have been working on getting enough funds to pursue my passions more rigorously and free myself from the Matrix. My current passions are around yoga and spiritual growth. My current job in computer security was once my greatest passion but no so much anymore. So things may change in life as you get older or know more. I have always been a generally happy person so yes I am happy. Life is like a game where in a limited time you have to figure out what you want to do and do it and have fun at the same time.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Wow I should not have started this thread or asked any questions.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Wow I should not have started this thread or asked any questions.
    Why not, or rather, why did you start that thread in the first place? If you haven't found the answer yet, you won't find it in a Windows Phone forum. If you want a real definite answer, you should most likely ask any kind of religion, they can provide them. And I don't mean that in a bad way, everybody has to find his own answer, and if religion is the one, that's as fine as every other one.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well religion or windows forum. I chose windows forum.
    BIGPADDY and xandros9 like this.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    It may never happen but I would like to see more peace in the world which would make me very glad to see. I like what Bill Gates is doing with his foundation and other organisation as well like British Heart Foundation.

Because I'm young 17 I say my main purpose right now is too learn more and will be doing a degree course with IT in my own time (after work) independent learning which is with the open university. This will involves a variety of modules to complete, the main one will be Cisco networking which is learning about networking (Cisco mainly) and using Cisco System I'm very excited to start right away.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Well for me my religion is everything in my life. Its like a flawless navigation system, it guides me through my life and makes sure I don't run into obstacles! :)

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Almost 20. Younger than you. :)
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I believe that the majority of the users on this forum are older than me ( 22 years of age ).

I have a few questions for you. You dont have to be exact about your personal information.

How old are you?
    Are you happy?
    I'm 35
    YES! ... most of the time.
    YES! I quit my job last month and going back to school full time to change careers. Going to learn Radiation Therapy to give back to the community that gave my mother a second and third chance in life. She is a 2 time cancer survivor.
    I don't know what THE purpose of life is, but I do know we should all have a purpose. It is entirely up to us to find a purpose.
    I like the idea of finding a purpose in life, by making mine bigger and about more than just myself. That can be a million different things. Just like what the poster above me mentioned, which I think is awesome.
    ninjaap likes this.

The purpose of life is to live. Be a good human and enjoy the time you have been given on this earth.
    Fix problems one at a time.

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    I feel like the old man of this group. I'm almost 50 and I'm very happy at this stage of my life. I've been married to my soul mate for 18 years now (2nd time was the charm) and I'm still in love with her. Kids, watch what you eat and don't ignore your body's warning signs. I had a heart attack at 46 that should have killed me but God wasn't through with me on Earth. My purpose in life is to be the best father I can be to my teenage autistic daughter and to get as close as I can to the Divine. I always thought I was 10 feet tall and bullet-proof. Well, I found out they make 10 foot long coffins.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I'm 27, and I'm not entirely happy. I know what makes me happy, and I'm striving to make the changes necessary to pursue that more in my life. Am I bored of my mundane daily routine? Yes. Hopefully, the changes I've decided upon will fix that, and make my daily less mundane, at least for me. I do not know my purpose, as I haven't found it yet. I hope to figure that out before I'm dead for good. In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy my time while I can still use the air in my lungs.

Here's a comic I've found inspiring: Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
    Thanked by:
    jmshub 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast