WPCentral at MWC - I'm hoping for great news

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Every tech website has covered the launch of new Lumia phones and accessories. But this being the largest website dedicated to Windows Phone, I'm hoping Daniel and Jay can give us something extra; pester Nokia for some inside information; updates on existing phones; information for upcoming apps etc etc. MWC has not ended so I'm hoping for more coverage.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Elop was pretty tight lipped with the Engadget dude about any unannounced products. I wouldn't expect much more info than what we have heard already.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
so are they done for the week then? Or is it possible their could be more news than what we have already about the 520/720 phones? I'm not sure exactly how MWC works, as in whether or not all new product announcements are done on day 1 and the rest of the week is just showcasing them.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wouldnt hold my breath for anything really exciting, looks like nothing really gobsmacking can be done until MS updates the OS. Which they are doing at their usual blistering speed....

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't hold your breath from anything from MS or Nokia or HTC or Samsung. a few low end middle range device. exclusive to who knows what... did see some cool stuff from Android and a few high end Androids more of the same WP8 coming soon... it's getting old...hurry up and wait.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
We hunted for as much news as we could and still have a few smaller pieces to come, but in terms of the devices, there was only the two Lumia phones

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems like trend with everyone this year is making little announcements at MWC and saving the big ones for individual launch events so they don't have to share the press coverage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon