Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By paras chugh
  • 1 Post By martinmc78

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    They gave the pixel a 6 on software/ecosystem while anything Microsoft gets less than 7Chromebook Pixel review | The Verge

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    <sarcasm>
    So, the Verge is biased against Microsoft?! HOLY CRAP! THE SKY IS BLUE, TOO! When did this happen?!?!?!?! Why did no one tell the rest of us?
    </sarcasm>

Yeah, I stopped paying much attention to the Verge because they're obviously VERY biased in so many ways.
    not as bad as Gizmodo. but I agree. They're lucky they're entertaining in their podcasts or I wouldn't hang around!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    theverge gave lumia 920 camera an 8 and samsung galaxy s3 camera a 9.....case closed.
    bawboh86 and berty6294 like this.

I don't pay much attention to the Verge anymore. A site with guys like Josh and Nilay is going to be extremely biased like how it was when they were at Engadget.

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawboh86 View Post
    <sarcasm>
    So, the Verge is biased against Microsoft?! HOLY CRAP! THE SKY IS BLUE, TOO! When did this happen?!?!?!?! Why did no one tell the rest of us?
    </sarcasm>

Yeah, I stopped paying much attention to the Verge because they're obviously VERY biased in so many ways.
    I stopped paying attention to all the reviews. They only serve as a basic indicator for new tech for me now. If something takes my interest I always try the device out for myself before buying one and hit the forums for the opinions of my peers.
    bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    I don't listen to the Verge podcasts, but honestly I don't listen to anyone's podcasts since listening or watching someone is such an inefficient means of gathering information-- I can read far faster and skip information I don't find relevant. I don't mind a biased review as long as people recognize their bias and as someone who doesn't work in tech I don't always find the articles in the Verge very helpful. I am not their target audience. I find WPCentral much more accessible.