Outlook

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I was helping my mom check her email and it changed to Outlook.
I thought they were going to get rid of that YEARS ago, but now we're forced to use Outlook instead of hotmail? Are you kidding me?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You can always change it back to the live/hotmail layout >.>

But wouldn't the outlook layout be better for your mom, less clutter, everything more viewable.

Me gusta l920

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
dude this outlook is completely redesigned and works great....its got skydrive included and is way better than Hotmail...good thing I changed mine from Hotmail...to outlook

also there is a option to go back to old Hotmail....but I didn't know how to do it...its a dumb move if you do so

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just not used to the change. My emails haven't switched yet (as far as I know). I had one of those hotmails since I was 10. Thanks anyways.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Outlook.com has almost nothing to do with Outlook, other than sharing the name and being about email. It's generally had very favourable reviews from users and the tech press as a very good upgrade from Hotmail.

Maybe give it a chance.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Basically when you switch from hotmail.com to outlook.com, all your email changes over. It is instant as it is just an interface change while all your data stays the same
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've had a Hotmail then Live account and I left them for while for Gmail. Came back to when they switched it to Outlook, because I like it a lot better.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Hotmail then Live account and I left them for while for Gmail. Came back to when they switched it to Outlook, because I like it a lot better.
I never did the address switching. I started with Hotmail, skipped Live (which I believe got discontinued for Hotmail again), and now I just see the Outlook interface with my Hotmail address if I use web-based email (which I rarely do, since I have desktop Outlook).

The constant switching reminds me of a friend who started with an att.net email address. He never switched to ameritech.net or sbcglobal.net. In the end, he has what he would've gotten had he switched each time, since it's back to att.net.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought about that address switching, but thought it might get complicated. The refreshed look was all I was really after anyway. I like how convenient it is to swith between mail, skydrive etc.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I never did the address switching. I started with Hotmail, skipped Live (which I believe got discontinued for Hotmail again), and now I just see the Outlook interface with my Hotmail address if I use web-based email (which I rarely do, since I have desktop Outlook).

The constant switching reminds me of a friend who started with an att.net email address. He never switched to ameritech.net or sbcglobal.net. In the end, he has what he would've gotten had he switched each time, since it's back to att.net.

I switched to @live.com from Hotmail, but never switched to @outlook.com

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Give outlook.com a chance. The clean UI is great. I can't find anything on Gmail because its so busy. It has all the features and more, just cleaner and lets you focus on your stuff instead of the adverts.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
MS are starting to move everyone with Hotmail/Live accounts over to the outlook.com interface. It's been an optional choice for some time (with the choice to revert to the Hotmail interface if you wanted to) but once you have been auto-migrated there's no route back.

No need for a new email address, and outlook.com provides a really easy way to access mutiple accounts from one interface. I've got an old hotmail.com, an outlook.com and two private domain email accounts merged under one outlook.com account. Works really well.

Just wish they'd hurry up and bring the calendar up to speed with the rest of it.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I really like the new Outlook.com, much better than the old Hotmail IMO. Like Markfive I wish they would update the cal already. Looks so out of place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz