ok really off topic but would like inputs

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my steering wheel in my car I guess is rubber. Well were I hold my hand(s) at its rubbing off in like little rubber granules. How would I stop this? Or do they make a not bulky steering wheel cover? Like a thin silicone cover kinda like for phones? I really really dislike the thought of adding any bulk to my steering wheel as its already pretty thick. Any thoughts? Thank you all!

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Replace to expensive, 2 are there any thin wraps and 3 every steering wheel cover I've come across is really freaking bulky. Which is why I was wondering if there are any thin silicone type covers out there?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Replace to expensive, 2 are there any thin wraps and 3 every steering wheel cover I've come across is really freaking bulky. Which is why I was wondering if there are any thin silicone type covers out there?

I've seen different types of wheel wraps, from more cloth like material (very thin) to material thats the same as the steering wheel. You can easily check sites like, O'Reilly auto parts, Autozone, WalMart, etc to find, if you don't like those choices, search for car sites that specialize in modification. They will a better assortment.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
electrical tape will make a mess. The adhesive gets tacky and leaks. If you have to use tape use the old fashioned friction tape then powder it to improve the feel.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good gawd! Would you please just go to an auto parts store and get a steering wheel cover. :grin:
nope lol. I've been to a few in my area and all they have available is thick fat ones. Which is why I've asked if anyone may know of thin ones around. At least this thread is in off topic and not on the Lumia 920 thread ;)

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree that tennis racquet tape would probably work. I have the same issue in my truck and I find that weekly Armor All treatments reduce it quite a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss