Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockstarzzz

Is illiteracy assisting in bad texting, or is bad texting making us illiterate?

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    bad texting makes is illiterate because I check because I check my text before reading, even changing "its" to "it's"

My friend make tons of spelling mistakes and blames it on autocorrect, which really she should be reading before she sends but when I make 1 single mistake she makes a huge deal out of it.

Interesting question. My feeling when I first read your post was the latter. Pondering the matter further I can see a case for the former. Perhaps it's chicken and egg, so to speak. I really don't know. I'll go with my gut feel and say the latter. I never knew WPC was so highbrow!!!

High brow?..nice.. It could as you stated be the chicken and the egg, it is definitely a continuing pattern Im observing. These habits will continue especially among the younger generations who have a decreasing volume of vocabulary in daily conversation let alone quick SMS. It could be that through SMS our language is evolving?
    We are developing a new language via texts but nothing to be proud of!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Yea.. With language always evolving you never know how it will turn out?, and in one angle you're right we should be more mindful.