New Pet Peeve

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you noticed that when watching TV if there is a scene with a laptop in it it is ALWAYS an apple product. I have been watching this for months now. News ,weather, ESPN sports, PBS/Discovery documentaries whenever someone is using a laptop......apple. What is there, a prop dept. "Hey Fred we need a laptop in the scene, get the Mac out". I watch a lot of PBS online and if they show a laptop out in the field, apple.

There are many more Windows machines out there so what is going on? Are people saying "I am going to be on TV find me an apple to put in the scene for a status symbol.

Sorry for the rant but I have "equipment snob" inlaws and one set me off Monday.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of times where they're obviously using a MacBook of sorts and just hide the apple logo with a sticker.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
There are plenty of times where they're obviously using a MacBook of sorts and just hide the apple logo with a sticker.

That is one thing I have never seen. I have always seen the apple proudly displayed.

I've seen that quite a few times. But they don't do it with just Apple. I've seen them do it with Dells as well. I guess some of these shows just don't want to pay royalties, in case they get asked for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss