Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WavingReds
  • 1 Post By Laura Knotek
  • 1 Post By WavingReds

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Have you noticed that when watching TV if there is a scene with a laptop in it it is ALWAYS an apple product. I have been watching this for months now. News ,weather, ESPN sports, PBS/Discovery documentaries whenever someone is using a laptop......apple. What is there, a prop dept. "Hey Fred we need a laptop in the scene, get the Mac out". I watch a lot of PBS online and if they show a laptop out in the field, apple.

There are many more Windows machines out there so what is going on? Are people saying "I am going to be on TV find me an apple to put in the scene for a status symbol.

Sorry for the rant but I have "equipment snob" inlaws and one set me off Monday.
    Product placement in TV shows and movies has always been because companies provide the products. Apple is giving those products specifically for the reason that it's free advertising. Then again Microsoft is doing the same thing by giving Surface tablets to certain shows for the same purpose.

Product placement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    There are plenty of times where they're obviously using a MacBook of sorts and just hide the apple logo with a sticker.
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) -> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) -> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M) -> Lumia 520-> Lumia 625-> Lumia 830

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pedenske View Post
    There are plenty of times where they're obviously using a MacBook of sorts and just hide the apple logo with a sticker.
    Ahem the "Pear" phone, laptops, devices on Nickelodean shows lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Remember the iFruit from the "Foxtrot" comic strip? Peter hated it since he couldn't game on it.
    WavingReds likes this.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Remember the iFruit from the "Foxtrot" comic strip? Peter hated it since he couldn't game on it.
    lol oh yes
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    That is one thing I have never seen. I have always seen the apple proudly displayed.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calfee20 View Post
    That is one thing I have never seen. I have always seen the apple proudly displayed.
    I've seen that quite a few times. But they don't do it with just Apple. I've seen them do it with Dells as well. I guess some of these shows just don't want to pay royalties, in case they get asked for it.