That feeling when you meet fellow WP8 Users

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow did not expect this result! You guys are awesome. Interesting read nonetheless! I'd love to hear some more :D. And to those who think we are obsolete, I say neigh! We are part of a secret cult that is ever growing, and when we make our appearances, people will be in awe ;)

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow did not expect this result! You guys are awesome. Interesting read nonetheless! I'd love to hear some more :D. And to those who think we are obsolete, I say neigh! We are part of a secret cult that is ever growing, and when we make our appearances, people will be in awe ;)

:( The day WP becomes the #1 platform, we'd be just dime a dozen, and we'd be like "Those days when I was the first one to have it"..

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I legit laughed at this. So true! When someone else has a windows phone, we will greet each other, no matter what the circumstance is! Hahahaha :D
i think it has happened with every single lumia/windows phone owner ive ever met. the best thing about windows phones for me is that i know i love it because of pure love for the platform and not because of all the bells and whistles that entice other users.i feel like windows phone owners are the most practical users of the smartphone communities. never the less everyone i meet that has a windows phone always greets me with a secret order nod and smile. its like they are passing off an order to be awesome lol.

Ian Berg

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded a Lumia 710 from WP7.5 to WP7.8; now when I see people with WP7 in the wild (two columns of square tiles) I want to tell them they should update to 8 or 7.8.

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Two family members brought two WP7 phone the other day and I helped them set them up. They had no clue I had one till one of my cousins told them I do. So far I know 4 other people besides myself with one

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Met a Lumia 920 owner at SXSW last week while standing in line behind him for a party. His friend (whose own phone was dead) was asking for a phone that did screenshots (don't remember why he couldn't use his friend's phone) so that he could take a screenshot of the reservations he had for the party online and get it sent to the friend with the 920. I volunteered to help, got the screenshot, and was able to use the actual tap-to-send functionality with his friend's 920 to send it so they got their reservation. Yay real world scenario!

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
And it happens again folks! Just saw a Lumia 920 user with his son from far hahah, he was watching a video with him on the bus. God, WP8 sure is beautiful, keeping parents together with their kids and stuff :p haha

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to share with you my experience today where I saw a guy holding the Samsung Ativ S in one of my classes. I have the HTC 8X but I have to say... That screen looks flippin' GORGEOUS! The facebook app looked so different on his phone than on mine. It just felt different on a huge and colorful screen. Made me kinda jealous. But I'm more of a music person so I love my phone for that :). I digress though. I've only seen so far 2 WP8 users here in Montreal with me!! One Nokia Lumia 920 while commuting and this Ativ S user. It's awesome how we all have diff flagship phones but still :p Wanted to know what other people's experiences are like too so please do share haha.

From Montreal also, I love my Lumia 920! :)

But you're right, as for me I haven't seen anybody with a WP8 device but I saw some WP7 devices like the Lumia 800 and two people at my work have WP7 devices as well and love it!

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
From Montreal also, I love my Lumia 920! :)

But you're right, as for me I haven't seen anybody with a WP8 device but I saw some WP7 devices like the Lumia 800 and two people at my work have WP7 devices as well and love it!

Nice! Great seeing some who use the forums haha. We are just special though, don't worry :p hahaha I have seen a few WP7 before though in my time with my LG Optimus 7. I've seen 2 LG Optimus 7 users before, around 4 Samsung Focus Users, and 3 Lumia users. Still not a lot since I can count them but still cool. Enjoy that 920 though ;) I'm rockin' my 8x hard

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I went to a St Patrick's day party and a friend of mine had a Windows Phone. She was one of the first people I knew to have an iPhone when they came out and that's all I've ever seen her carry so it was a bit of a surprise. I felt proud, though I had nothing to do with the switch.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a bunch of Lumias (920, 900, 710) here in Southern California (Mission Viejo to be exact).
But no surprise really for there's 2 MS store within a 15 mi radius.. :D

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone is not popular here in Tehran, because Nokia hasn't officially announced Lumias :( don't know why...
So I was the only one with a Windows Phone in the family and friends. When my friends saw my Lumia 620, almost all of them said "whoa! It's very beautiful!".
Interesting thing is, one of my friends was going to buy an iPhone, but he saw my Lumia 620 and then he bought a Lumia 620 after just one week :D
Now I know one person with a Windows Phone :)

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The carriers here in Australia all sell the Lumia 610 for about $149 on prepaid, no contract, so I've seen quite a few of them floating around. I've seen a fair few 710's too, but very few of them know what's actually running on the phone. I've had a girl tell me it was an Android LOL. A few of my friends have been impressed with my 710 and picked up 920's.

But in truth. I've seen a lot of people carrying around LG Optimus 7's and HTC Mozart's. I know people are quick to say '3% global marketshare' but I've seen maybe 20 or 30 in my little town.

There isn't really any brand awareness here, none of the companies advertise their phones, and honestly the biggest push I've seen for windows phone has been in the retail stores. I was very happy to see all the GS3 posters get replaced with Lumia 920's and HTC 8X's. Even Telstra's 'Why Choose Android' signs were replaced with 'Windows Phone 8 - Microsoft Office Business' signs.

I think a lot of people here are not aware that there's any other kind of smartphone other than iPhone. That or they will buy it purely for the 'status' of having an iPhone which is really disappointing.

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Depends where in London. Around Cardinal Place in Victoria you are very likely to see one as Microsoft is based there. So I see them quite often :) On the train going home though I would say 70% iPhones, they are still seen as the "cool" phones. I don't know why as I think they look so dated now but appreciate their build quality and the marketing that has made them very desirable.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I wish there were more Lumia users here in India...it feels awesome when someone ask "oh is that the new Lumia" :p but at the same time i haven't seen anyone with Lumia around :/

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Saw a lady, 50+ years old, with a white 920 at the airport about a month ago, and the bus driver taking me from the same airport had a white 920 as well. Two in one day, at the same place. A co-worker of mine switched from Android to WP8 (8X) after seeing me with my WP device. Now, trying to get my fianc?e take over my 920 when I switch device.

Not to forget my mom who has a 900. I guess she falls under the category 'fellow WP8 user' as well (and I do meet her now and then.)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I know that feeling. I've seen a few WP in Vegas. But nothing beats when you are some where and hear that familiar notification sound from across the room. You feel like getting up to go see where it came from. Its cool when it happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire