Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Hey guys I just wanted to share with you my experience today where I saw a guy holding the Samsung Ativ S in one of my classes. I have the HTC 8X but I have to say... That screen looks flippin' GORGEOUS! The facebook app looked so different on his phone than on mine. It just felt different on a huge and colorful screen. Made me kinda jealous. But I'm more of a music person so I love my phone for that :). I digress though. I've only seen so far 2 WP8 users here in Montreal with me!! One Nokia Lumia 920 while commuting and this Ativ S user. It's awesome how we all have diff flagship phones but still :P Wanted to know what other people's experiences are like too so please do share haha.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I've seen WPs in the wild here in Vegas. What excites me more is when family and friends actually notice my phone, even with a case, and asks if that's a the new "Lumia" or is that a "Windows Phone?" Whether you love or hate MS's and it's partner's advert campaigns, they are working! People are noticing...

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Don't know that feel. Sorry.
    WhippedKream and wpn00b like this.

Unfortunately I've still to experience this feeling too. Undeterred, I show others my WP8 phone anyway. Without fail they are all awestruck (seriously), then they look at me as if I'm a bit weird and am showing them a novelty phone. They don't know quite what to make of it. No worry, our time will come...maybe.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I was at work and a guy came into the elevator, holding a white 920 and he saw my black 920 and he was like "the phone is great isn't it?" lol its like we are part of a secret resistance lol.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Don't know that feel. Sorry.
    As the guy below you said... OUR TIME WILL COME :D hahah don't worryyyy. You still got us!

Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    I was at work and a guy came into the elevator, holding a white 920 and he saw my black 920 and he was like "the phone is great isn't it?" lol its like we are part of a secret resistance lol.
    I legit laughed at this. So true! When someone else has a windows phone, we will greet each other, no matter what the circumstance is! Hahahaha :D
    Thanked by:
    cedarlog, WinFan1, wpn00b and 1 others like this.

Keep em coming guys! These stories are good so far :)
    I see them everywhere in Seattle. I at least see a customer a day with one.

Lumia 900 or 920 are the most popular followed by the 8x.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    WhippedKream likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Imagine my surprise when my mother in law who flew in this week to stay with us (shudder) for a week, was sporting an 822 she just got last week. Even better is hearing her ooohhhh and ahhhhh as I show her how to use the thing (she's coming from a POS mid-range Android).
  11. tgp

Global Posts
    2,855 Global Posts
    I had someone oooh and ahhhh over my phone today... but unfortunately it wasn't over my Lumia 920. The guy was behind the counter at McDonald's, and he was very impressed when I used my Nexus 4 to pay for my meal!

I've never seen a Windows Phone in the wild except for a guy that works for Verizon. Like me, he carries both a WP8 and an Android.
    WhippedKream likes this.

Im all alone here in Wellingtion NZ, see a few wp7 floating about but its like iphone dominate everything here :(
    WhippedKream likes this.

A dude at my college sporting a orange Lumia 920 outside of one of the buildings, he saw my 8x in my hand we nodded each other as we passed by waving our phones and each other. We didn't look back bad***.
    Went From a IPhone 3G (2008) to a Samsung Galaxy S w/ CyanMod.. ICS 4.0 (2010) to a HTC 8x (11/17/12).. To a Nokia Lumia 925 (7/26/13)
    Thanked by:
    cedarlog, WhippedKream and Muessig like this.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I feel as though us as WP users are the most rare species than those of other brands that when we're spotted out in the open it's like a celebration of MAGNIFICENT, BRING OUT THE RAINBOW UNICORNS!!!

tumblr_lzejndikow1qea7tao1_1280.jpg

Actually I'm planning on getting all the colour of the rainbow in Lumias, so 5 more years to go I guess
    Thanked by:
    WhippedKream, abel920 and wpn00b like this.

i love that feeling!!! and at my highschool everyone is like is that the new windows phone??? and im like yes, yes it is and start showing them the awesome camera, the nfc, the high quality screen, and they love that mine is red, they always ask if its a case! lol but i hate when people say "is that the new lumiNA??" lol

In my circle of work and play no one carries the Nokia Wp platform, however one coworker did notice my 920 and said " ah you got that Nokia windows phone, how is it?" I had it on the qi charger he seemed impressed by that lil detail.. If I run into someone with a Winphone strangely I will strike up small talk, or bust out the beast and wait for their response.. Lol..

All by my self!!!!!
    WhippedKream likes this.

Haven't seen any here in sunny Florida and man its sunny and hot dash gauge reads 90 :0
    WhippedKream likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    In San Ramon California at my middle school, whenever I take out my 822 the reaction is usually always either "is that the windows phone" or "hey, that's a windows phone! I have one too!" ;)
    Thanked by:
    cedarlog and WhippedKream like this.

I've seen a few in the wild. In my building at work a woman with a 900, said she was a longtime Nokia fan. A developer friend of mine has a 920. A kid at church has a focus. There's another guy, tennis player, with an l900. One of my best friends has a galaxy sii with Verizon and I've been talking up the potential l928 rumors.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    WhippedKream likes this.

Wow did not expect this result! You guys are awesome. Interesting read nonetheless! I'd love to hear some more :D. And to those who think we are obsolete, I say neigh! We are part of a secret cult that is ever growing, and when we make our appearances, people will be in awe ;)
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WavingReds View Post
    I feel as though us as WP users are the most rare species than those of other brands that when we're spotted out in the open it's like a celebration of MAGNIFICENT, BRING OUT THE RAINBOW UNICORNS!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lzejndIkOw1qea7tao1_1280.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	30926

Actually I'm planning on getting all the colour of the rainbow in Lumias, so 5 more years to go I guess
    King Nyan ed2305b7.png

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhippedKream View Post
    Wow did not expect this result! You guys are awesome. Interesting read nonetheless! I'd love to hear some more :D. And to those who think we are obsolete, I say neigh! We are part of a secret cult that is ever growing, and when we make our appearances, people will be in awe ;)
    :( The day WP becomes the #1 platform, we'd be just dime a dozen, and we'd be like "Those days when I was the first one to have it"..

Quote Originally Posted by abel920 View Post
    :( The day WP becomes the #1 platform, we'd be just dime a dozen, and we'd be like "Those days when I was the first one to have it"..
    true say true say... I want it to be so good, yet only good to those worthy of holding a windows phone ;)

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhippedKream View Post
    I legit laughed at this. So true! When someone else has a windows phone, we will greet each other, no matter what the circumstance is! Hahahaha :D
    i think it has happened with every single lumia/windows phone owner ive ever met. the best thing about windows phones for me is that i know i love it because of pure love for the platform and not because of all the bells and whistles that entice other users.i feel like windows phone owners are the most practical users of the smartphone communities. never the less everyone i meet that has a windows phone always greets me with a secret order nod and smile. its like they are passing off an order to be awesome lol.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast