What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a few of them but a recent one was a women who was using an Iphone asked me, is that a Windows Phone? After telling her yes she said they are rubbish! I asked her what's rubbish about them, she said, you cant send texts with them.
She wasn't actually thinking they were say, difficult to text on, she actually thought Windows Phones don't allow texting. How stupid can you get...

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Some people still thinking that WP8 needs Zune.........

They have no idea that its plug 'n' play............

Yeah and also those bluetooth lovers think my phone can't be used for bluetooth transfers.Other day asked me how they want to send me the song and i said bluetooth and were surprised actually.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll say some:
Does it have apps?
Is it touch screen?
Is it retina?
Can it play music?
Do you have games?
That is NOT an iPhone, what is that?
Eww, why would you buy that brick? iPhones are so much better.

These are just few. What Apple has done that makes people feel about non-Apple smartphones just amazes me.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a few of them but a recent one was a women who was using an Iphone asked me, is that a Windows Phone? After telling her yes she said they are rubbish! I asked her what's rubbish about them, she said, you cant send texts with them.
She wasn't actually thinking they were say, difficult to text on, she actually thought Windows Phones don't allow texting. How stupid can you get...

Typical clueless iPhone users/iSheep.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that I should be careful with those Live Tiles as you can get an electric shock.
Or can you get Neutral Tiles. 😃

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
the dumbest question is without a doubt "do you like it?" to which i reply

"why no, i hate it, i just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

i mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.

lol

great_smell_of_brut

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
the dumbest question is without a doubt "Do you like it?" to which I reply

"why no, I hate it, I just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

I mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.

Given the pathetic "I'm f***ing off to Android" comments on every thread...

Last edited:

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I can only agree, apples userbase consists of more than 50% idiots that think smartphone == iPhone. Of course there are a few that like it for its speed, advanced modding possibilities (Jailbreak), the Frameworks, the coding language, but they are only a few. And Android, I can't even count these 2-3", non-capacitive touchscreen devices as smartphones. People I know only use them for texting and a very bit Facebook, but still these devices drastically improve statistics for Android. Best question I've had: what launcher is that? looks awesome!

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
One of the funniest comments i've had about my 8X was while i was in a bar and someone looked at my (admittedly very noticable blue phone) and simply saying 'Why haven't you got an iPhone?'........sigh

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sort of the other way round but...

I hadn't had my 820 (my first real smart phone) long. My friend who's a long time iPhone user came round for a meal and wine soon after. I was keen to show her my new WP8 phone, which I did. Brilliant as I thought it was, I lamented the fact that the calculator was a bit crap, more like something you'd just use to tot up your shopping bill. She looked at me a bit gone out, as if I was having a joke. She took my phone and turned it on its side. Doh!!!

So after that I'm reluctant to poke fun at others...

GreatDharmatma

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
When I was showing off my new Lumia amongst my friends, one of them quickly installed a WP8 launcher and told me it was a bad decision to spend so much on a new phone when I could have got the same effect on a much cheaper Android for free!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
"It's a flop"

Makes my blood boil. Makes me want to smack that ***** out of the living daylight.

P.S I thought the thread asks "what is the most stupidest thing someone said about Windows Phone".

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Sort of the other way round but...

I hadn't had my 820 (my first real smart phone) long. My friend who's a long time iPhone user came round for a meal and wine soon after. I was keen to show her my new WP8 phone, which I did. Brilliant as I thought it was, I lamented the fact that the calculator was a bit crap, more like something you'd just use to tot up your shopping bill. She looked at me a bit gone out, as if I was having a joke. She took my phone and turned it on its side. Doh!!!

So after that I'm reluctant to poke fun at others...

The calculator is my favorite app lol definitely the most used by me

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Great idea for a forum post.

Now what one person said to me was "Bro, why did you spend money on a phone like that? Why didn't you invest in a quality phone? The iPhone?".... I don't know what made the iPhone a quality phone, but my HTC 8X's audio quality is WAYY ahead of the iPhone. Also, I have all the apps that I need. It serves it's purpose, in a high quality manner ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)