Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MobilAve
  • 1 Post By MobilAve

Hi guys,

A while ago we made a game for WP8 and published it on WP marketplace, followed by a series of posts in different forums and other places. But the game just doesn't go on! So I'm wondering, how else we can promote it? Any help is appreciated!

P.S. Link to a game post - http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ngry-wolf.html
    mobil ave likes this.

Post this one on your own website.

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Twitter, Facebook and tech sites perhaps WPCENTRAL might do an article if you ask nicely
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    Twitter, Facebook and tech sites perhaps WPCENTRAL might do an article if you ask nicely
    Yep, it would be real nice if WPCentral will do an article for us But truly saying, the WP game version is a little bit simple for that, cos initially it was made for the XBox360 Kinect.
    Video of Beta version -
    BIGPADDY likes this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobilAve View Post
    Hi guys,

A while ago we made a game for WP8 and published it on WP marketplace, followed by a series of posts in different forums and other places. But the game just doesn't go on! So I'm wondering, how else we can promote it? Any help is appreciated!

P.S. Link to a game post - http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ngry-wolf.html
    Nice game, but you're marketing it wrong - rename it to "Ну, Погоди!" - you'll have much more downloads since a lot of people remember this:
    nu1.jpg

But not that many remember the Nintendo version ;-)

Alternatively, you can hire an "app promotion" services from one of the 100's of Indian/Chinese companies - they will "bump up" your app/game with dozens (or 100's - whichever you prefer) of "5-star" reviews in an App Store. That will make your app/game get into "top" lists where much more legit users will be able to notice it. Not gonna name any, but you can easily find them ;-)

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Media promotion...

Try to contact admins of those WP related forums or game forums, maybe they will recommend your game if it really is cool....
    Quote Originally Posted by MobilAve View Post
    Hi guys,

Quote Originally Posted by Rndomuser View Post
    Nice game, but you're marketing it wrong - rename it to "Ну, Погоди!" - you'll have much more downloads since a lot of people remember this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nu1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	31957

But not that many remember the Nintendo version ;-)

Alternatively, you can hire an "app promotion" services from one of the 100's of Indian/Chinese companies - they will "bump up" your app/game with dozens (or 100's - whichever you prefer) of "5-star" reviews in an App Store. That will make your app/game get into "top" lists where much more legit users will be able to notice it. Not gonna name any, but you can easily find them ;-)
    Yep, gameplay almost the same as in "Ну, Погоди!", but still the game is different. And will be unfair to app users if we will use that name.
    But idea about app promotion companies is good, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_Pinguo View Post
    Media promotion...

Try to contact admins of those WP related forums or game forums, maybe they will recommend your game if it really is cool....
    Not sure about the real cool game but will try, thanks!

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I can tweet it, place an banner on my website to help if you like?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JakeyFlower View Post
    I can tweet it, place an banner on my website to help if you like?
    Will be real nice if you will do it. Thanks!
    Link to WP store: Hungry Wolf | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

How about to make a list of different forums, blogs, sites etc. on which you can promote your own Windows Phone APPs cheaply or for free?
    Here's my humble list:

• forums.wpcentral.com - of course our favourite WPcentral
    • wmpoweruser.com/submit-articles/
    • reddit
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube