A few small features I would like to see in Windows Phone (mock ups)

jonathonpm

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
[h=5]Just a few features I would like to see in Windows Phone excluding the big ones like unified notifications or the ability to stop the screen auto-rotating.[/h]

[h=3]1. 3/4 Width Tile[/h]
Fitting nicely between full and half width Live tiles 3/4 width tiles bring the best of both worlds. 3/4 width tiles would allow for most of the information full width tile displays currently while allowing you to squeeze in a couple more of your favourite apps.

[h=3]2. Folders[/h]
A feature iOS and Android both have over WP. The mockup above is just one way this could be implemented. It clearly highlights to the user that they have opened a folder though the closed folder icon could do with some work to highlight that is a folder and not an app.

[h=3]3. Pinned letters[/h]
Some letter of the alphabet just cover a lot of useful apps, H for example contains all of Nokias useful Here apps and is one letter I would love to pin to my home screen. The need for this would be removed if there were folders though so this may never be needed.

[h=3]4. Notifications in app list[/h]
Until there are unified notifications on Windows Phone this would be great help for those apps you don't have live tiles for. Originally I had envisaged the notification being to the right of the name but with some app names stretching of the screen this wouldn't have worked well.

[h=5]Opinions please[/h]Would love to here what people think and if the features above are things other people would also like to see in Windows Phone. For me I like to have all my frequently used apps on the viewable part of my home screen hence why the first two ideas are focused on getting more information and apps in the one screen.

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the 3/4th idea. I also like the folder idea, but only if there was a notification counter in case the apps have new notification. I've never thought of pinning a letter but that's a good idea.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've always wanted folders as another start screen so apps can be laid out in all three tile sizes, and flipping away with notifications. I like your idea a bit, but that is exactly what ios does. WP needs to be different.

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The should fix the notification count in mail. If you notice when you get an email notification of 4 for example and you open the mail app and you read only 2 email when you go back to the home screen no more notification --- its clearly a bug!

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How about the folder tile flips with different information depending on the size of the folder tile. Small tiles would only have a counter, medium tiles would also have a counter and flip showing the latest notification. Lastly, the double wide tile would have a counter and flip showing the last 3 notifications (like wpcentral). When the folder tile is opened the individual tiles flip showing any live information. This would integrate the folder concept and live tiles so it would always give relevant info regardless if you open the folder tile or not. The last detail to add is making the tile sort through the apps like the people tile. Call it "live folders"!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen