The game of inches...Samsung releasing 6.3" Galaxy soon!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia came before those two!!!

Wow! The Nokia Company was founded in 1865, named in 1871, and became the Nokia Corporation in 1967. They began as 3 separate companies: a paper mill, rubber manufacturer, and producer of electrical cables. Its amazing how one vision can become a global part of history more than a century later. One can only hope that whoever manages Nokia keeps their long legacy alive for years to come...:)

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
looks like the game of inches will soon be over. Its approaching the point that phablets are the same size as tablets and now companies will have to battle more over quality and features as size is going to become irrelevant because they keep making them bigger...I bet theres some ***** out there that wants an 8.9" or 10.1" cellphone though :(

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
strike while the iron is hot! This is Samsung's motivation now. Well if it looks like the cheap Note 2 then... thank you I'll pass. What's next? 6.8"? somehow this is one bubble waiting to pop!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I completely forgot about starting this thread... well I'm just checking in to see if anyone's opinions changed about 6 inch devices. This was written before the 1520. My opinion has changed, because I think the 1520 is a beautiful device. Anything bigger is too big for me. Has anyone else changed their opinion?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I completely forgot about starting this thread... well I'm just checking in to see if anyone's opinions changed about 6 inch devices. This was written before the 1520. My opinion has changed, because I think the 1520 is a beautiful device. Anything bigger is too big for me. Has anyone else changed their opinion?

I own a Z Ultra, among other things. I won't go over anything bigger than that. I would have gotten a 1520 if it was cheaper than the Z Ultra I bought at the time. Right now I'm making the move to 2 5" devices...a N5 and a 930. My reason is that because I travel by mass transit a lot and even though it is convenient to use the SBH-52 headset, there are some things you need to pull the phone out and I hate doing so in public, and crowded places. Still, even though I'm adding those two phones to my stable my Z Ultra isn't going anywhere and is still one of the most fun on new I've ever owned.

Voice Commands Submitted via Moto X

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I own a Z Ultra, among other things. I won't go over anything bigger than that. I would have gotten a 1520 if it was cheaper than the Z Ultra I bought at the time. Right now I'm making the move to 2 5" devices...a N5 and a 930. My reason is that because I travel by mass transit a lot and even though it is convenient to use the SBH-52 headset, there are some things you need to pull the phone out and I hate doing so in public, and crowded places. Still, even though I'm adding those two phones to my stable my Z Ultra isn't going anywhere and is still one of the most fun on new I've ever owned.

The z ultra is 6 inches right? I saw it last week in person for the first time. It seemed a bit large. Lol.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If the earlier comments on this thread would be indicative of all WP users, the 1520 & 1320 never would have taken off!

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure one of the recent updates (possibly update 1) specifically enabled WP to run correctly on 7inch devices.... Why do it, unless someone has plans to release something in that size range?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The z ultra is 6 inches right? I saw it last week in person for the first time. It seemed a bit large. Lol.

It is 6.44 inches of slim, waterproof, raw speed. This was on of the first phones to the market with the S800 processor. What messed it up from being mainstream was the price, how Sony didn't optimize an thing specific for its size, and the fact they left the flash out for the camera. Now, the out a so-so camera in their so the flash wouldn't have made a difference. Still, it is one of the best devices out even now for watching movies and game play because of the immense screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre