The game of inches...Samsung releasing 6.3" Galaxy soon!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
This morning I read that Samsung is releasing the new Galaxy Mega, an Android powered 6.3" smartphone weighing a whopping 199 grams!

.....WHAT? So I'm asking you guys what you honestly think about this. Is this where phones are headed? Would you actually buy a phone so large (and heavy)?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I certainly would not. This will go along gender lines. Ladies carry a purse so a bigger phone doesn't bother them. Most of us guys don't want our pockets jammed with stuff.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They said "The size makes it great to use with one hand and fit in your pocket"

You CANNOT use this with one hand. I've tried using a NOTE 2, with one hand. Nope! Couldn't do it. I doubt this will be easier.

Not sure what kind of jeans you guys wear but no way this is fitting into my skinny jeans.

Utterly ridiculous.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
A phone with a 4.5-4.7" screen is about as far as I want, or need to go.

I don't care for Samsung devices, so it doesn't really matter to me, but I am sure it will appeal to some folks, but they will look pretty stupid if they hold it up to their head and use it like a regular sized smartphone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
*facepalm*

Samsung is utterly ridiculous. I saw the Note II in person recently and pretty much laughed my *** off when I held it up to my ear. Next thing you know, they'll release a seven inch phone.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Potentially we are slowly moving away from the telephone, and into video calls, (as much as many people dislike it) from this perspective it makes sense. It is rather silly putting up a huge Slab of phablet up against your skull.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Think that's big?

Psion made phones (okay, pocket PCs) larger AND thicker than this!
With slide-out keyboards!

In fact, allaboutsymbian has an article about how screen size creep is a myth, at least for top-of-the-line devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
*facepalm*

Samsung is utterly ridiculous. I saw the Note II in person recently and pretty much laughed my *** off when I held it up to my ear. Next thing you know, they'll release a seven inch phone.

Well, they kinda did already...their first 7" Galaxy Tab could make phones calls, at least the unlocked international version...Samsung is just trying to have a product in every conceivable market, just like how the IRS would like to tax every dollar made as income - legal or illegal.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Who said anything about Nokia or copying? All samsung is doing is releasing the same version of a product with different screen sizes. Great innovation there!

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Who said anything about Nokia or copying? All samsung is doing is releasing the same version of a product with different screen sizes. Great innovation there!

Innovation like this are very rare to find now a days... Slowly they are becoming apple and apple becoming Samsung.. I don't know who is following who.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Innovation like this are very rare to find now a days... Slowly they are becoming apple and apple becoming Samsung.. I don't know who is following who.

lol...Who came first the chicken or the egg...actually I think Apple was first (Apple computers, etc.) but you get the point. Lol!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss