Things I want on my WP

blacquay

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's a list of what I'd like MSFT to implement in future updates:

-the menu/app list is disgraceful. The more apps I have the more I scroll. I won't mind a "grid of tiles" with ability to group or use folders.
-Ability to install to SD card like in android.
-Ability to add file/document attachment directly in email.
-Better interoperability of apps e.g why can't Facebook on the web take you straight to the app when you click the link, or why does YouTube app close via IE explorer in some cases, and if ruzzle asks to link my Facebook for instance it opens the browser instead of the app.
-I would like a Meego styled notification centre
-different sound profiles
-Ability to use pictures as background for tiles
-ability to skin the kids corner and access to some settings.
-buy once, run anywhere for apps common to win 8 and wP8
-universal search
-speed dialing (I mean)
-Auto-redial function
-ability to disconnect someone from my WiFi.
-the silly alarm can't wake the phone. Fix that.

The list is definitely longer......others can improve on this

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's a list of what I'd like MSFT to implement in future updates:

-the menu/app list is disgraceful. The more apps I have the more I scroll. I won't mind a "grid of tiles" with ability to group or use folders.
-Ability to install to SD card like in android.
-Ability to add file/document attachment directly in email.
-different sound profiles
-Ability to use pictures as background for tiles

The list is definitely longer......others can improve on this

I cut the list down a bit since I can't really answer the rest. I agree to an extent that there is some simple functionality that can be added that would be nice to see in the future.

1) I understand that if you have loads of apps it can get cumbersome. But for me, I think sorting by alphabet is sufficient. If I really need to use a particular app frequently, I have it pinned. Certainly folders or something similar to that effect would be welcome.
2) It would be nice to see SD card support standardised for all models, however there are some phones that support it. I would have expectected it on the higher end phones since surely you would want to save all those nice pureview pictures somewhere other than the device and Skydrive.
3) I think you can send documents in email as long it is saved on the device. I can send Word documents for example, at least that's how it is on WP7
4) I want sound profiles badly too. Universal volume thing also makes no sense.
5) I think there is an app for that. Check this out here: How to create awesomely artistic Windows Phone Start screens ? Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog and see if that's what you're looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven