Dan Brown's Inferno...worst over-hyped book ever.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am on page 578 or something. This is seriously the worst over-hyped book I have ever read. The characters are shallow, the plot is weak, the idea is beaten to death a trillion times before, and the whole book feels absolutely pompous.

Each day I read it thinking today will be a little better than yesterday. But it only gets worse.

After reading the likes of Arthur C Clarke, Stephen King, John le Carre and Frederick Forsyth, I want to hit Danny Boy on the head hard. Like "WHACK".

What are your views...has anyone else read it? Or is it just me?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I found it underwhelming the plot was so so and the twist was seen from a mile away; I think Angels and Demons was by far his best Langdon story.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I like James Rollins' Sigma Series. Haven't read anything by the guys you've mentioned, do you have specific books as a good start?
I really urge you to start reading real books. Have you read John le Carre and Frederick Forsyth? Legends, to sum it up in one word. Dan Brown does what I am not allowed to write here before these stalwarts.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Arthur C Clarke - 2001 A Space Odyssey. It is in this book he talks about an iPad-like device.
John le Carre - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. British Espionage at ita best.
Frederick Forsyth - Any book...Avenger by far my fav though.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
True...way over hyped than it should be..i found angels and demons and the Da Vinci code way better than this one..shallow plot and dragging at times...this book feels rushed..

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The worst part of it, is that the entire thing was absolutely pointless. Not only was the main character lied to the entire time, the reader was duped as well. Sometimes that can be good, but in this case it means that there is almost no reason for the book to have taken place.

I think Angels and Demons was by far his best Langdon story.

Agreed entirely on this point.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The worst part of it, is that the entire thing was absolutely pointless. Not only was the main character lied to the entire time, the reader was duped as well. Sometimes that can be good, but in this case it means that there is almost no reason for the book to have taken place.
completely agree. complete waste of time. And I guessed the twist, thanks to Siniskey. I wont ruin it for people who havent read it. But for those who have, I am referring to her...er..disability. completely trash.

MNE GIRL

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I found this book to be something already seen. If you have read other books from the Langdon series then the plot is totally predictable. The twist of the story is weak, and he overlooks some of the details previously mentioned in the book. Siena Brooks's twist is weak and done in a bad way, it leaves the reader confused and unimpressed. Mind you, all this is coming from me-a huge fan of D. Brown. I think that The lost Symbol and The DaVinchy Code are masterpieces, but i think that it is time that the Langdon series be put to rest. Otherwise, it is going to get very repetitive.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have only read two of Dan Brown's book, and they both were terrible.

He is like Madonna back in the days. "Let's bash religion, then we seem soooo rebellious and can sell more stuff."

...and I am not even religious at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss