Who Likes to Grill or BBQ?

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you enjoying grilling?
If so, post up some pics of your masterpieces sizzling on the grill.
As well as some of your favorite recipes.

I like to grill each sunday with friends and pair it with some primetime TV like Game of Thrones orTrueblood, or whatever is in season.

NY Strip Steaks-the best steak for a grill. For the best taste simply sprinkle onion powder, course salt and pepper
on each side 30 mins b4 grilling. Your mouth wont know what happened! :shocked:

9387182462_b3f639a8d8.jpg

Grill Cinemagraph Nokia Memories

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Sausage Fest
Smoked Andouille
Atomic Hot Sausage
Louisiana Hot Link
Mergeza Lamb Sausage
Tandori Lamb Sausage

9387417529_47ee8dfe69_c.jpg

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Two things I use on my BBQ's

Magic dust for seasoning and peach and bourbon BBQ sauce for marinade and dipping - both aren't available over here so have to make them from scratch every time.

xsentrick

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing better than a nice grass-fed ribeye steak, for me. Slap that sucker on a super hot grill for 4 minutes on both sides and ear of sweet corn on the cob. That does it for me.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Love to grill, not just meats but fish and vegetables as well. Due to watching too much BBQ Pitmaster last summer I bought a smoker. Been having a blast with that. Have gotten ribs and brisket down perfect. Looking into getting a meat grinder that also is a sausage maker, so that I can try some homemade sausage recipes, then smoke them. Next on the agenda is learning pork shoulders on the smoker. I want to get some pulled pork sandwich action going. Already have a couple of good homemade bbq sauces ready.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Love to grill, not just meats but fish and vegetables as well. Due to watching too much BBQ Pitmaster last summer I bought a smoker.....

I use to have a smoker. I smoked a turkey once and meat looked liked salmon due to the smoking. :grin:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I use to have a smoker. I smoked a turkey once and meat looked liked salmon due to the smoking. :grin:

I have a digital electronic turkey fryer for that. It's also great for doing a ton of chicken wings for wingfests with different sauces. Plus you can use water instead of oil and have some great seafood boils with stuff thrown in.

masterbuilt-digital-electric-turkey-fryer.png

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone ever watch that show BBQ-U?

That guy is a trip.

I want to BBQ some ribs soon, never messed with them in my life.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There's just something about meat + fire.

Sometimes I don't like to be fancy and just BBQ some burgers or hot dogs. Boneless beef and fish are also some favourites. Chicken marinated in tandoori spice, and other spices also turns out great.

The only problem is since I'm currently living in an apartment I can't really bbq unless i go for a day out somewhere.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Ribs are really good cooked with indirect heat. But you need a good size grill to do it without a smoker. Low and slow with a water pan works great. Plus a good rub before you put them on.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Ribs are really good cooked with indirect heat. But you need a good size grill to do it without a smoker. Low and slow with a water pan works great. Plus a good rub before you put them on.

the whole foods out here has some effing amazing looking ribs, some like already in a nc bbq style for example, they even had korean beef short ribs in the meat case, looked so gooooood

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

For me, it depends on which type of ribs. I use direct heat with baby backs because the meat is pretty tender. St. Louis ribs get indirect heat for longer because it takes time for the tissue to break down. Something I just recently tried is beef ribs; holy crap they were awesome!

Before I got a grill dome, I would do indirect gas by turning one burner on low and moving the meat to the cold side of the grill. Then throw wood chips in aluminum and put that pouch on the flame.

Now I use mesquite lump charcoal, which is easy to find at insanely good prices in the southwest.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
8-4
Soy & Ginger Boneless Beef Short Ribs + Locally grown golden zuchini

9442656942_9cb913fe26_b.jpg

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
In response to your thread title: Heck, yes! Me!

Actually, I have been grilling for just a little over a year now. I purchased my first grill last summer, when I moved into a house. I always wanted to grill, but was never able to at any of the apartments I lived in due to various fire codes or apartment rules. I did my grill research online and decided to go for a kamado grill. The ceramic kamados like Kamado Joe or Big Green Egg were out of my league, financially. Thanks to the Kamado Guru forum I settled on a Char-Griller Akorn. Rather than being made of ceramics, it's made of steel and much cheaper. Yet it still performs well when compared to its higher-priced ceramic brothers.

I've really gotten into grilling and love it. One recommendation I can send your way, B1zzle, is to try lump charcoal in place of briquettes. It does burn much hotter, so watch out. But I think the flavor from lump, compared to briquettes, can't be beat. Not to mention you won't be burning any fillers like you'll find in briquettes. Lump charcoal is just plain ol' pure charred wood. I recommend you get some Royal Oak lump charcoal. I see it at Walmart often during the summer months. And for the love of all the fluffy bunnies in the world, everyone please use a chimney starter for your lump charcoal or briquettes instead of lighter fluid. You *will* notice a flavor difference once you get away from infusing petroleum into your food.

I did some grilling over the weekend. I'll have to post a pic here when I get home. Looks like your grill is a Weber? I hear they're quite nice.

Happy grilling!

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I love grill/bbq. I am not a big fan of the smoking craze that has caught on. Don't, get me wrong, it is good sometimes, and with some meat. Some people want to smoke everything these days, though. Getting crazy. Stupid barbecue pitmasters.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I just used some coconut shell charcoal this weekend from whole foods. Supposedly burns hotter longer (and no trees were harmed lol)
I didnt see much difference, other than a very tarry smell when the coals were getting hot. Seemed about as hot as wood charcoal.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
& if you ever get a chance to check out BBQ University the TV SHOW, you should. The host guy is hilarious, he is like the Bob Ross of grilling. Barbecue University?
I assume it comes on the cooking channel, my friends DVRs it a lot when its on.

WARNING: The guy WILL make you hungry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786