Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I've recently looked on some of the tech sites and one thing just doesn't feel right. In many cases their content is pro Mac/iPhone/iPad - all I read is that Apple delivers high quality devices, operating systems and unbeatable amounts of gorgeus apps, while Microsoft's and Windows notebook manufacturers offer is inferior. What the hell, did Apple's marketing ate all the brains on this planet or Redmond is really going down? I have a third generation iPad and i like it, but it feels like a nicely wraped experience that tries to hypnotize people with slick and pleasing UI, at the same time being stubborn not to offer really new and groundbreaking things (dividing screen on W8). So Apple - bling-bling overpriced stuff or Microsoft's killer in the upcoming years?
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,352 Global Posts
    I have to agree with you and it drives me crazy some times.

I couldn't listen to Kid Kraddick on the radio cause it seemed like he would go out of his way to mention apple products every day.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)
    Psyk00 likes this.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    It seems that Apple pays a lot of money to create a vision of super-devices that they make and dirty peasants that use Windows/whatever else in mass media.

I mentioned this in another thread.

PC world on Tottenham court road in London have a massive apple poster up with a picture of an ipad4 and an ipad mini. The slogan underneath.
    "Two sizes to do all".

False advertising of the highest order.
    TechFreak1 likes this.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00 View Post
    I've recently looked on some of the tech sites and one thing just doesn't feel right. In many cases their content is pro Mac/iPhone/iPad - all I read is that Apple delivers high quality devices, operating systems and unbeatable amounts of gorgeus apps, while Microsoft's and Windows notebook manufacturers offer is inferior. What the hell, did Apple's marketing ate all the brains on this planet or Redmond is really going down? I have a third generation iPad and i like it, but it feels like a nicely wraped experience that tries to hypnotize people with slick and pleasing UI, at the same time being stubborn not to offer really new and groundbreaking things (dividing screen on W8). So Apple - bling-bling overpriced stuff or Microsoft's killer in the upcoming years?
    Surface is an utter failure in numbers or profits.

iPad had been the most successful product for Apple which crossed sales of 100 million devices in 2 years.

Not to forget how many people returned surface back and reviews been bad compared to excellent consumer satisfaction rating of iPad and highly rated by critics

That must tell you something , right ?

People don't want to own a PC with different form factor like surface.

If they want serious stuff , there are ultrabooks , laptops and desktops.

If they want consumption device , there are android tablets and iPads.

People are not looking to buy "another computer" (in other words surface) , they want to buy something easier to use , gives all day battery life and light weight.

Leaving surface aside ,
    RT is mixed bag which is bad at everything.

.It doesn't have apps what consumers are looking for.Its a new platform.

It cannot compete at low end , it cant compete at Apple pricing.

Its DOA.
    FinancialP and dc9super80 like this.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Heck, I even started to believe that buying a new MBP 13 and IP5 for something about 4000 dollars in my country would be a ride to heaven from my Sammy 13 Ultrabook and Lumia 920... Still, I don't have that kind of cash and even if i had, I would feel plain stupid to throw my money at overpriced (hugely overpriced) stuff. Thank you poor Poland...

@Sanjay

Surface seems to be a great device for me. Only the lack off apps... I really like those high quality games on my iPad...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post

iPad had been the most successful product for Apple which crossed sales of 100 million devices in 2 years.

Not to forget how many people returned surface back and reviews been bad compared to excellent consumer satisfaction rating of iPad and highly rated by critics

People are not looking to buy "another computer" (in other words surface) , they want to buy something easier to use , gives all day battery life and light weight.

Leaving surface aside ,

Its DOA.
    What you been smokin' son?
  8. tgp

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00 View Post
    But is that any different than all the pro WP/RT posts you read on here? Even the most passionate Microsoft fanboys will admit that WP & RT need to change or add things to catch up to the big boys, yet in another breath they'll say how superior they are.
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    If you want to understand what I said earlier in the comment.

I will give you an example ,
    Imagine that you have a book which physically exists (a hard copy) and lets say that someone made the same book in digital format which can be viewed in computer or tablet etc. (a soft copy)
    If you have read the hard copy of the book , then there is no reason to buy a soft copy because content is the same word by word except the fact that you can use touch screen/mouse to flip pages in soft copy instead of hands.

Thats exactly how I see surface , its the same "old boring PC which we all have in work/home/everywhere literally in a shiny form , Nothing new to offer".
    Now Imagine that a book is translated into something different completely.For example , the story in the book is made into a movie.The movie doesn't have all the parts of the book.It only has important aspects.It doesn't have every single thing written in a book , It has a mixture of scenes which forms into a movie.

iPad is something like that.It doesn't offer everything (like the book) but It offers exactly what people want (like a movie).

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts

Leaving surface aside ,

Its DOA.
    Sanjay, sometimes I wonder why you come here. Your certainly not a fan of anything MSFT.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    mpt15 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Couldn't disagree more. My surface does everything I need and more. There is no way an ipad could come close. Surface offers so much more. Maybe if you weren't so mad at Microsoft in every thread, you might see it.

If you want to understand what I said earlier in the comment.

I will give you an example ,
    Imagine that you have a book which physically exists (a hard copy) and lets say that someone made the same book in digital format which can be viewed in computer or tablet etc. (a soft copy)
    If you have read the hard copy of the book , then there is no reason to buy a soft copy because content is the same word by word except the fact that you can use touch screen/mouse to flip pages in soft copy instead of hands.

Thats exactly how I see surface , its the same "old boring PC which we all have in work/home/everywhere literally in a shiny form , Nothing new to offer".
    Now Imagine that a book is translated into something different completely.For example , the story in the book is made into a movie.The movie doesn't have all the parts of the book.It only has important aspects.It doesn't have every single thing written in a book , It has a mixture of scenes which forms into a movie.

iPad is something like that.It doesn't offer everything (like the book) but It offers exactly what people want (like a movie).
    Books are ALWAYS better than the movies. Id take a book any day of the week.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Ok, someone tell me what's this magic bull**** behind Macs and istuff, "not a computer, but an experience". Hipster garbage or people really feel like touching God when using Apple's stuff?

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Books are ALWAYS better than the movies. Id take a book any day of the week.
    Movies have better commercial success than books because that's how the modern world works.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'm going to gladly disagree with Rush Limbaugh and say that Apple is the media darling. Just about anything you hear or read about Apple makes it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. As a result most folks don't even bother to check anything else.

Movies have better commercial success than books because that's how the modern world works.
    Yeah they would do 5 for a book 15 for a movie that's a 3:1 profit ratio straight away.

I can also drop my 5 book and not worry about it, drop my 15 movie and its likely to get scratched be unusable and need replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    I'm going to gladly disagree with Rush Limbaugh and say that Apple is the media darling. Just about anything you hear or read about Apple makes it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. As a result most folks don't even bother to check anything else.

Since when did Apple start slicing bread?? Is this something innovative in iOS7???

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Sanjay, sometimes I wonder why you come here. Your certainly not a fan of anything MSFT.
    I appreciate products but not brands

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Since when did Apple start slicing bread?? Is this something innovative in iOS7???
    LOL! Exactly! Most people don't know that iOS7 is a mix of WP8 and Android. All they've heard so far is that it's gonna be awesome.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Yeah they would do 5 for a book 15 for a movie that's a 3:1 profit ratio straight away.

I can also drop my 5 book and not worry about it, drop my 15 movie and its likely to get scratched be unusable and need replacing.
    Say hello to digital downloads and digital format.

Say hello to digital downloads and digital format.
    Dude - you cant change your analogy just because you were losing...

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    LOL! Exactly! Most people don't know that iOS7 is a mix of WP8 and Android. All they've heard so far is that it's gonna be awesome.
    Can you tell me what exactly Apple copied in iOS 7 apart from "call receiving screen" ?

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Dude - you cant change your analogy just because you were losing...
    Movies are available in all formats , you just picked on one format.We are speaking of "movie revenue as a whole" which includes Digital downloads , Box office , BlueRay/DVD etc.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,352 Global Posts
    To me, Apple over simplifies things to the point where they become more complex... Like that video someone posted the other day... apple macbook wheel - Bing Videos

I realize it is fake, but that is what apple does, they take away things (simplify) and burry them so deep to get to them is a pain (complex). I can't stand when I have to boot my Macbook to OSX to update an iOS app.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Movies are available in all formats , you just picked on one format.We are speaking of "movie revenue as a whole" which includes Digital downloads , Box office , BlueRay/DVD etc.
    Ahh I see ok - so we still have a single book but yet you also have digital downloads, cinemas, blu rays - all things giving you the same thing over and over that you have to pay for over and over - perfect example of Apple self cannibalism with devices and profiteering - thanks for pointing that out Sanjay.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast