Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 116
Like Tree104Likes
  1. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #1  
    Hey Gang!! I have only one real hobbie right now: I play Fantasy Football, where I routinly manage to find a way to have more points sitting on the bench then on my starting team!!!

    But, I got an inspiriation to see if there were any other players here on WPC, and see if we have anyone interested in a private league for WPC members. I would prefer to do it on ESPN, simply because they have the F.F. app and others don't. I lke to support those who support WP. But I would not object to other sites if that was the preference. We got 2 1/2 weeks as I write this to get a league and get the draft in. Just post here if you are interested, if we get at least 6 or 8, we could set something up.

    If this goes unanswered, I will just pout in the corner. No problem....
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  2. kc77's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #2  
    I would do it. I don't do pay to play leagues though. I just like to do it every year for fun. It makes it more enjoyable for me knowing that I won't lose any money on it.
    snowmutt likes this.
  3. #3  
    Yeah I might be interested in it. Would also be cool if it was on ESPN, for the reason you stated and also since my uncle's league is there too.

    Mr_deeds was asking about a WPC League too. I didn't notice his thread a while back. Not sure if he's still up for it.
    snowmutt likes this.
  4. budney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #4  
    I would be interested, even though I don't have a NFL team I fallow. lol
    "Don't feed the trolls!"
    snowmutt likes this.
  5. slmsd1968's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #5  
    Where do I sign up?
    snowmutt likes this.
  6. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kc77 View Post
    I would do it. I don't do pay to play leagues though. I just like to do it every year for fun. It makes it more enjoyable for me knowing that I won't lose any money on it.
    That's good, I am a known cheap skate. No sweat with no pay. I am not at all interested in losing any more cash then I do normally being married. We will do free!!
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    gedzum likes this.
  7. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #7  
    Tell you what- I can open a league site after my work today, and just send a personel note to everyone here on WPC. I will check what the max # of teams is as well (I think it is 14, but may be wrong). Can't do it from here at work though. Mean old bosses. Just keep posting if interested.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  8. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    Yeah I might be interested in it. Would also be cool if it was on ESPN, for the reason you stated and also since my uncle's league is there too.

    Mr_deeds was asking about a WPC League too. I didn't notice his thread a while back. Not sure if he's still up for it.
    I will send him a message as well. Thanks for the info.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  9. xboxonthego3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    682 Posts
    #9  
    I'm interested
    My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

    CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
    GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |
    snowmutt likes this.
  10. cstebbins's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #10  
    Hey please let me know if youre truly going to set up a league I would love to be in it. I don't mind free leagues I just love being in a league where people actally care and try. cstebbins@outlook.com is my email. send me message and let me know.
    snowmutt likes this.
  11. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #11  
    Hey.....UPDATE!!! GET YER UPDATE!!

    I just sent a message to all those interested, so look in your "new" drop down menu and there should be a notification there is a new private message.

    We can have up to 20 teams, so all is good if anyone else wants in on this pigskin war. We do need a even number though.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  12. budney's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    Hey.....UPDATE!!! GET YER UPDATE!!

    I just sent a message to all those interested, so look in your "new" drop down menu and there should be a notification there is a new private message.

    We can have up to 20 teams, so all is good if anyone else wants in on this pigskin war. We do need a even number though.
    Just sent you a email, check your inbox.
    "Don't feed the trolls!"
    Thanked by:
  13. noetic11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #13  
    I will play
    snowmutt likes this.
  14. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by noetic11 View Post
    I will play
    Just sent you a message!!
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  15. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #15  
    Most everyone should recieve their invites very, very soon. Took me until now to find 15 minutes to get invites out. Sorry.....
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  16. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #16  
    To all!!!!

    This is just the last night we have until we have to draft. We have a draft time set up for 10:45 Eastern, 9:45 Central, so on, so forth. If you are interested, please just chime in below.


    @cstebbins, @slmsd1968, I sent you owner invites one more time. Let me know if you do not get them. I also sent you private messages, so let me know if you got them.

    I am so ready for some FOOTBALL.....
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  17. luimende's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #17  
    do you still have room on your league?
    snowmutt likes this.
  18. #18  
    How many teams are you at so far, and what kind of setup are you planning? I tend to be a bit picky with my leagues, because I like a decent bit of challenge (namely, using IDPs).
    snowmutt likes this.
  19. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #19  
    @ Keith and luimende- I am so sorry. I was trying so hard to get the draft together on 9/4 (season starts today, 9/5), I forgot to double check the thread. My absolute bad, and I am sorry.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  20. nwildcat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #20  
    Sorry to see I missed this before. If you decide to do one next year and keep a list for the league, add me, I'd be interested.

    Hopefully tonight's kickoff game is a good one.
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  
    Alright fantasy season is in full swing. I got bragging rights over my uncle in his league. I beat him handily and I still got 1 more player left to rub it in some more :D


    I hope I can hold on to my lead against my opponent in the WPC league. They still have 1 more player left to play.
    snowmutt likes this.
  22. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #22  
    I am looking good in our league.... but boy I took a BEATING in the league I am in with my friends. I started the day coming home from Church like 40-some odd points ahead, ended the afternoon nearly 50 points behind. Ugh. Hurtful. Even worse we did our draft @ Buffalo Wild Wings and I was talking some trash to beat the band...

    And Gedzum- the computer HOOKED YOU UP in the draft. CStebbins and I were there for the draft, and I was watching to see what the computer did- ESPN must love you. Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, AJ Green and Jimmy Graham? WOW!!
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    gedzum likes this.
  23. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,517 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nwildcat View Post
    Sorry to see I missed this before. If you decide to do one next year and keep a list for the league, add me, I'd be interested.

    Hopefully tonight's kickoff game is a good one.
    We will do it again, and I am sorry you missed it. Consider yourself in there.

    And is that screen name for the Wildcat of Northwestern? Great couple of weeks for you, huh?
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    nwildcat likes this.
  24. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    I am looking good in our league.... but boy I took a BEATING in the league I am in with my friends. I started the day coming home from Church like 40-some odd points ahead, ended the afternoon nearly 50 points behind. Ugh. Hurtful. Even worse we did our draft @ Buffalo Wild Wings and I was talking some trash to beat the band...

    And Gedzum- the computer HOOKED YOU UP in the draft. CStebbins and I were there for the draft, and I was watching to see what the computer did- ESPN must love you. Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, AJ Green and Jimmy Graham? WOW!!
    Yeah I couldn't believe my luck. I did set my auto-pick preferences beforehand, but still wasn't expecting those selections. Very pleased so far and I'm hoping they play well throughout the season. I'd really like to challenge in the championship bracket rather than settling for the consolation prize

    Good luck in your other league. Funny how points can swing like that. And lol at your draft day trash talk. Still only 1st week so I have faith you'll bounce back.
    snowmutt likes this.
  25. nwildcat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    We will do it again, and I am sorry you missed it. Consider yourself in there.

    And is that screen name for the Wildcat of Northwestern? Great couple of weeks for you, huh?
    It is! And yes, good start to the season so far. Hopefully we'll keep it up.


    I'm good for week one in my friends league, I have Peyton so the rest of my lineup had to basically not show up for me to lose this week. My work league, don't think I'll win this week though Victor Cruz made my team have quite the comeback, it'll come down to tonight's games.

    Gedzum - That is crazy! I've never seen such a excellent roster out of an auto draft. You could have an exceptional season with all of them.
    gedzum likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. let's talk about how intergration sucks in Windows Phone 8
    By qudahamohammad in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM
  2. Decoupling Built-in Apps from Updates
    By andrelamont in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:43 AM
  3. Screen flicker on wpc app
    By Darren Walsh in forum Windows Central for Windows Phone - App Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
  5. GDR2 and Amber update avalaible in Bosnia
    By aabdagic in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions