Official NFL Thread - 2013

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice comeback win for the Bears. It was nice to see the O line play well enough not to allow any sacks. Hope they can keep that up. Defense was decent. Nice to see them get those turnovers. Andy Dalton and AJ Green burned them a number of times. Hope they can sort that out over time. Nice to get the season started with a win.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Quite a few close games this week.

Glad the Bears managed to scrape a win in a very sloppy game. Nice to see them get off to a winning start like this where they have quite a few new pieces in place around the organization.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
New England the worst 2-0 team in football wait to they have to play a real team without a rookie quarterback...Right now the best teams in the NFL has to be Seattle...Denver...Green Bay...San Fan.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed with the Manning Bowl?

As I Giants fan the only solace I can take is that in 2007 we started 0-2 and went on to win the Superbowl. Think Eli has already thrown his seasons worth of interceptions in two games - I'm figuring he is just getting them out of the way now.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
New England the worst 2-0 team in football wait to they have to play a real team without a rookie quarterback...Right now the best teams in the NFL has to be Seattle...Denver...Green Bay...San Fan.

Pretty boy Brady does not like pressure. He's enjoyed the best O-lines for years and now he's got an average one, at best. Whenever the pocket collapses, he looks like the 6th round pick that he is.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Pretty boy Brady does not like pressure. He's enjoyed the best O-lines for years and now he's got an average one, at best. Whenever the pocket collapses, he looks like the 6th round pick that he is.

Yea, because most QBs love pressure.....Name one QB that has succeeded with a suspect OLine? The O-Line isn't the issue. Brady had a s@#t ton of time most of the time in the first two games to make throws. Brady's frustration is clearly with the weapons he has around him. I would be frustrated too if my #1 target was allowed to walk to one of my conference rivals, my Pro Bowl tight end, my other Pro Bowl tight end is locked up on murder charges and I'm saddled with an injury prone, poor mans Wes Welker.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea, because most QBs love pressure.....Name one QB that has succeeded with a suspect OLine? The O-Line isn't the issue. Brady had a s@#t ton of time most of the time in the first two games to make throws. Brady's frustration is clearly with the weapons he has around him. I would be frustrated too if my #1 target was allowed to walk to one of my conference rivals, my Pro Bowl tight end, my other Pro Bowl tight end is locked up on murder charges and I'm saddled with an injury prone, poor mans Wes Welker.

Joe Montana and Brett Favre had OK lines but scrambled when there was pressure. Dan Marino was a statue in the backfield, he did alright for himself. Ditto for Kurt Warner and Dan Fouts. Of the five I just mentioned, only Fouts had a real tight end with Kellen Winslow.

Brady has gotten to used to his timing patterns and the great routes Welker used to run and now he doesn't know how to adjust. That's more on Belichick than anything else because he's the one who buys the groceries and Brady needs to cook the meal. Guess what, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s**t. Don Shula knew this. When he had Csonka and Morris, the Dolphins were a power-running team in the 70's. When he got Marino... you know the rest.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with my Buffalo BIlls so far. Low expectations breaking in a rookie QB, but they almost won Week 1 against the Patriots (if they'd have scored just a bit more in the second half, it wouldn't have come down to a last-second field goal, but you don't want to push a rookie too hard and then he makes a mistake). EJ Manuel was vindicated the next week with a TD pass to beat the Panthers with :02 left. And Mario Williams making more than a cameo appearance doesn't hurt either.

It's early, but EJ Manuel has the look of a leader. All the QBs Buffalo has had since Kelly were just trying to keep their heads above water; Manuel's got much more poise and is out to actually win games. Kelly still hangs around the team and was there to congratulate Manuel after the win on Sunday. This could get good.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay.... As the wheels come off the War Wagon early for my Bucs, let me get my venting out of the way:

-Can hardly wait for Josh Frreman to leave after this season, get to a new team, and turn into a franchise QB as we start over again. Answer to a trivia question no one asks but Bucs fans: What is the only team to draft 3 different QB's in the first round of three different drafts that went on to win SuperBowls for other teams? Answer: The Tampa Bay Bucs. (Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, and this no name guy named Steve Young we traded away because we were drafting Vinny Testaverde.)

-In this day and age, you can still win with Defense so long as you have two things: A great secondary (which Tampa actually has, though we have no real depth), and a pass rush. We cannot even find the QB pre-snap when he is under center, much less pressure him.

-Doug Martin is great, our O-Line is fantastic, we have one great RCVR and a few decent ones, our LB corp is solid (Levonte David and Mason Foster are the best LB's nobody has ever heard of), we have a good DT, and an amazing young secondary. WHY ARE WE SO DARN SLOPPY AND 0-2???

Okay, done venting. We can go back to talking about teams that actually matter, like Palandri's Jacksonville Jags. :cool:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with my Buffalo BIlls so far. Low expectations breaking in a rookie QB, but they almost won Week 1 against the Patriots (if they'd have scored just a bit more in the second half, it wouldn't have come down to a last-second field goal, but you don't want to push a rookie too hard and then he makes a mistake). EJ Manuel was vindicated the next week with a TD pass to beat the Panthers with :02 left. And Mario Williams making more than a cameo appearance doesn't hurt either.

It's early, but EJ Manuel has the look of a leader. All the QBs Buffalo has had since Kelly were just trying to keep their heads above water; Manuel's got much more poise and is out to actually win games. Kelly still hangs around the team and was there to congratulate Manuel after the win on Sunday. This could get good.

Like the Bills. That "D" is looking good. I think we may need to pump the breaks on Manuel for a little bit, but that was some big time throws he had.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3