Official NFL Thread - 2013

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Pittsburgh just is too old. There are people calling for Tomlin's head. It's not his fault; he doesn't have enough young players.

I can not believe anyone wants him gone. He would be out of a job for about 7-9 minutes, only due to owners having to fire their own coaches to get him. Easily top 10 Head coach in the NFL, I put him top 3.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Pretty boy Brady does not like pressure. He's enjoyed the best O-lines for years and now he's got an average one, at best. Whenever the pocket collapses, he looks like the 6th round pick that he is.

This is why I'm so glad we'll have Von Miller back before we play Brady.

However, I'm more excited about kicking some Cowgirl *** week 5. Romo's going down in his house!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can not believe anyone wants him gone. He would be out of a job for about 7-9 minutes, only due to owners having to fire their own coaches to get him. Easily top 10 Head coach in the NFL, I put him top 3.
I'd like to see him in Cleveland, that's for sure.

hubberttyler

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have much to contribute, but does anyone have any predictions on Romo and the cowboys this season. Keep in mind he's under less pressure this season with his contract extension, so maybe he won't throw nearly 20 interceptions this season. -crosses fingers for an OK season-

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have much to contribute, but does anyone have any predictions on Romo and the cowboys this season. Keep in mind he's under less pressure this season with his contract extension, so maybe he won't throw nearly 20 interceptions this season. -crosses fingers for an OK season-
I just don't think Romo is very good. He seems like he has mediocre talent from what I've seen.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So the Colts traded for Trent Richardson. I'm hoping this helps Andrew Luck's production since I have him in one of my fantasy leagues :wink:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping Romo does okay for fantasy football purposes, lol. He's one of my starting QBs

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So the Colts traded for Trent Richardson. I'm hoping this helps Andrew Luck's production since I have him in one of my fantasy leagues :wink:

Browns are just getting worse than ever. It's unbelievable that they completely gave up after only 2 games in the season.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Browns are just getting worse than ever. It's unbelievable that they completely gave up after only 2 games in the season.

Right I would have thought they would try and build a team around him. I'm surprised they moved away from him so soon after they drafted him.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

They saw all they needed to see. Look at his rushing totals from the first 2 games and you'll see that he's got nowhere to go. Granted, the Dolphins have a stout rush defense but the GM did the right thing. A few more lousy games and his value would have sunk. They got 2 picks in the 1st round alone and 10 overall for next year's draft. At least they don't have to tank it to get good picks, they can try different players and different schemes to see if something sticks. Call it a 14 game pre-season from here on out.

vincelac

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Right I would have thought they would try and build a team around him. I'm surprised they moved away from him so soon after they drafted him.
there is a different regime in Cleveland. Banner knows he can get a decent back in the middle rounds of the draft. This year was spent building the defense. If they grab offensive pieces in 2014 and pick up a good corner in free agency they'll be competitive next year.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They saw all they needed to see. Look at his rushing totals from the first 2 games and you'll see that he's got nowhere to go. Granted, the Dolphins have a stout rush defense but the GM did the right thing. A few more lousy games and his value would have sunk. They got 2 picks in the 1st round alone and 10 overall for next year's draft. At least they don't have to tank it to get good picks, they can try different players and different schemes to see if something sticks. Call it a 14 game pre-season from here on out.
That makes sense. I saw an article today where one former player said that Richardson was "high maintenance" just like Peyton Hillis.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Biggest disappointments so far: Giants, redskins, Panthers, and Steelers.

Biggest surprises: Miami, Buffalo, KC.

Giants rested on the laurels.

Redskins were grossly overrated. RG3 had his second ACL surgery and took no preseason snaps. C'mon what did people expect?

Panthers- Cam has no real offensive guys around him.

Steelers- as stated earlier, they're just old. Big Ben can't do it all and take those hits.

Anywho the Rams are making the Cowboys look good today.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

No excuses for being late to treatments. And ultimately, only Richardson and that locker room knows for sure what the real story is. He may have well been high maintenance and standoffish. But that could also validate what Cris Carter says about him. What comes off as unengaged may just be someone who rather keeps to themselves. I'm sure that doesn't fly for many in the NFL. But I doubt he's the first player to not be as "ra-ra" as some would like them to be.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No excuses for being late to treatments. And ultimately, only Richardson and that locker room knows for sure what the real story is. He may have well been high maintenance and standoffish. But that could also validate what Cris Carter says about him. What comes off as unengaged may just be someone who rather keeps to themselves. I'm sure that doesn't fly for many in the NFL. But I doubt he's the first player to not be as "ra-ra" as some would like them to be.

That was a tag placed on Chad Henne when he was here in Miami and you're seeing it with Flacco in Baltimore. Just because you're a quiet, no-fuss kind of guy doesn't mean you don't care about your team or your teammates. Not everybody can be a Ray Lewis (please, keep the Ray-Ray comments to football).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3