Official NFL Thread - 2013

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Biggest (pleasant) surprise for me so far is the performance of the Bears offensive line...zero sacks yesterday. Even if the Steelers aren't playing their best, its a great confidence booster to build on down the road.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am today officially embarrassed to be a Giants fan. 7 sacks allowed, penalties reversing touchdowns, penalties on punts, fumbles and interceptions, No running game, no passing game. Deservedly 0-3.

The only brightside is we cant get any worse.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Still trying to digest what my 'Phins did to the Falcons. Nice to be 3-0 and not have to hear about playing a cupcake schedule. Speaking of cupcakes, anybody catch The U covering a 60 point spread?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That's fair comment about Trent Richardson then. Didn't realise that part about him. Nice to see the Browns get a win against the Vikings (since I'm a Bears fan :wink:). Hoyer looks promising and tight end Cameron looked great.

On a another note, so happy to see the Bears put up a nice scoreline. They're playing very well at the moment, I can only hope they can keep this up. Defense seemed to give up some more big plays, in this case Antonio Brown. They need to iron that out asap, looking at their schedule they got a few very strong passing teams on the way. Also a shame about Melton's injury.

I am today officially embarrassed to be a Giants fan. 7 sacks allowed, penalties reversing touchdowns, penalties on punts, fumbles and interceptions, No running game, no passing game. Deservedly 0-3.

I have Eli Manning in my WPC fantasy league. At one point he was scoring me -1 point. I think the time has come to drop him. I can't believe they got shutout though, considering the weapons they have on offense. I'm sure they'll find their winning touch soon enough. A lot of those players are no strangers to success.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I guess in the "moral victory" department I can make the argument the Bucs are the best 0-3 team in the NFL.

To the Colts: Wow. Just..... Wow.

To the 49ers: Dudes.... REALLY??? That is all you had???

To the Falcons: With a loss next week, proving yourselves in the play-offs will not be a problem. 1-3 teams just don't make it.

To the Seahawks: You did what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams. No let down after last week.

To the Giants: I've....... got nothing. You are on your own on this one.

To the Patriots: Why are you winning??? You just.... don't look good.....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

As a life long Bucs fan that suffered through 16 straight seasons of 10 losses or more, 4 straight years of picking #1 or #2 overall each year in that span, and enduring the "winking Buc" logo until the end of last century.....

Trust me. It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black. It most certainly can get worse....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As a life long Bucs fan that suffered through 16 straight seasons of 10 losses or more, 4 straight years of picking #1 or #2 overall each year in that span, and enduring the "winking Buc" logo until the end of last century.....

Trust me. It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black. It most certainly can get worse....

You're right, it could be worse. You could be a Marlins fan like me.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The Niners are in for a long season of they can run it stop the run. Kaps arm is wasted if they can't win in the trenches running the ball.

Baseball by the Bay was bad enough, can't have football stink too!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The Niners are in for a long season of they can run it stop the run. Kaps arm is wasted if they can't win in the trenches running the ball.

Sure you don't want Alex Smith back? At least he kept turnovers to a minimum.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Kap is so over rated it is ridiculous. It is amazing how much people jumped on his bandwagon. There are broadcasters that said that if the 2012 draft happened again and they were in charge, they would have picked Kap over Luck...insane stuff if you ask me.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sadden about the state of the Niners, but happy for my man Alex Smith in KC.
Situations like theirs makes you really appereciate what the Colts (minus one year) and the Patriots have done over the last 15 years or so. Consistency from those two teams are nothing short of spectacular, even if it has been a little bit since either won a Super Bowl.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Situations like theirs makes you really appereciate what the Colts (minus one year) and the Patriots have done over the last 15 years or so. Consistency from those two teams are nothing short of spectacular, even if it has been a little bit since either won a Super Bowl.

Well it's only been 4 years since Indy beat da Bears but your point is taken. Frisco has been more hype than anything else and a diluted NFC overall. For all the talk about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, they've only won once since '97. The Seahawks and Falcons have only one SB loss each to show for all their press. The Patriots (whom I naturally hate) haven't done anything since beating the Eagles almost a decade ago. They're the football equivalent of the Atlanta Braves, win umpteen division titles in a row and make the playoffs but not much else. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it is odd that the Pats ain't won squat since Spygate. The Steelers are more of an accurate representation of what you're mentioning. But as I said, I just hate the Pats.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Well it's only been 4 years since Indy beat da Bears but your point is taken. Frisco has been more hype than anything else and a diluted NFC overall. For all the talk about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, they've only won once since '97. The Seahawks and Falcons have only one SB loss each to show for all their press. The Patriots (whom I naturally hate) haven't done anything since beating the Eagles almost a decade ago. They're the football equivalent of the Atlanta Braves, win umpteen division titles in a row and make the playoffs but not much else. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it is odd that the Pats ain't won squat since Spygate. The Steelers are more of an accurate representation of what you're mentioning. But as I said, I just hate the Pats.

I don't know how anyone hates a team. I'm a huge Pats, Sox and C's fan. Naturally, I root against their division and traditional rivals. But I don't hate the Jets, Colts, or Broncos (actually an almost equally huge Broncos fan). I don't hate the Yankees or Rays. I don't hate the Lakers or Heat.

With that being said, I dont know how you equate the Pats to the Braves when one team has one title to show from all of their success and the other has three. Not to mention the Pats (and as was mentioned Peyton and his Colts teams) play(ed) in an era where no one is supposed to have this kind of success. The league is set up so teams can go from first to worst and vice versa in such little time. So there is no way you can compare the two. I guarantee you there are about 25 other teams who wish they had the kind of success the Pats have had.

And last, the whole idea that Spygate played a part in their success is silly. Prior to getting in trouble, it had been about two or three seasons since they had last won. And even after they got caught, they proceeded to go undefeated that same season. Their issues had and have been an aging and young defense, a lack of dependable weapons surrounding Brady and, IMO, the league having caught up to Belichick and the Patriots way of doing things with Belichick arrogantly at times sticking to his way or the highway.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Actually that was when the Colts lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Did Spygate tactics help the Pats? Sure. That said, they still who have been one of the best.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually that was when the Colts lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Did Spygate tactics help the Pats? Sure. That said, they still who have been one of the best.

My bad, both games were here at Joe Robbie hence the confusion. Thank you for showing me the errors of my ways in a civil fashion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3