Official NFL Thread - 2013

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Snowmutt, what are your thoughts on this Josh Freeman situation with your bucs? I haven't had much time to look into it, but looks like he wants a trade. Are you confident in the backups?

There is an old sports thought: If you can't be good, at least be interesting. And this Josh Freeman situation keeps my Bucs interesting. I can see him still becoming a very solid NFL QB. He needs the right situation and someone who truly understands how to coach QB's. He is really, really fragile. Once he starts going South, he falls completely off the map. But from everything I have heard (until this year) is that he is a hard study, hard working, willing to go the extra mile kind of worker. He is big, strong, not real mobile but he is shifty, and the man has a rifle. I hope he gets a second chance somewhere stable.

Not sure why anyone would trade for him. He hasn't proved himself and he is a free agent.

Mike Glennon was okay. I saw some nice decisions. He was also very much a rookie. Hey, we can chase Jax for that #1 pick.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Pretty s@#tty of whomever in that organization leaked information that shouldn't have been about this kid. Just goes to show you how ruthless the asshats running the teams can be.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty s@#tty of whomever in that organization leaked information that shouldn't have been about this kid. Just goes to show you how ruthless the asshats running the teams can be.

It makes no sense for the front office to leak the info, they're trying to find a trade partner. I would put my money on Schiano.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It makes no sense for the front office to leak the info, they're trying to find a trade partner. I would put my money on Schiano.

Teams collude all the time to keep players out of a job. And if it was Schiano, I'm sure he isn't alone in this. Although I bet if tongues start wagging, he'll be the first thrown under the bus

vincelac

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be opposed to us grabbing freeman as insurance for weeden. I really dont want to see Jason Campbell come on the field.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can accept the Saints' thrashing, but today was awful. Tannehill's gonna have a short career if they can't protect him.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
That Broncos/Cowboys game was insane. I'm glad Romo played well enough to get me win my fantasy game this week.

Back to reality, I think alot of the criticism he gets is a little extreme. But there seems to be something off with Romo and his internal clock at the end of a game.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Back to reality, I think alot of the criticism he gets is a little extreme. But there seems to be something off with Romo and his internal clock at the end of a game.

No it's not haha. The only reason he got the points he did was cause Denver has never had a grade A defense. Without Champ Bailey and without Von Miller the defense is crippled. Champ knocks out the best receiver for a team and keeps players like Rodgers-Cromartie off the field so they don't make the mistakes he made(and he made a lot this game), and Miller would have had those missed sacks on Romo. Most of Romo's good passes were from wide open receivers cause Denver D was, and always have been, a bit slow.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That Broncos/Cowboys game was insane. I'm glad Romo played well enough to get me win my fantasy game this week.

I can't stand people blaming Romo for this loss. I like to hate on Romo as much as the next guy, but that was the defense's loss. If putting up 48 isn't enough, Romo isn't your problem.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand people blaming Romo for this loss. I like to hate on Romo as much as the next guy, but that was the defense's loss. If putting up 48 isn't enough, Romo isn't your problem.

+1, dude threw for over 500 TDs and five scores. The defense gave up a ton of points. Not Romos fault. Manning threw a pick and he's not getting drilled.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Romo does get some of the blame. Sure he put up 48. But it doesn't mean squat if your throwing picks in your own end of the field, in a tight game.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Romo does get some of the blame. Sure he put up 48. But it doesn't mean squat if your throwing picks in your own end of the field, in a tight game.

To me, it is like people you blame refs for games. 99% of the time, if the team would have done their job in 50 other plays, it wouldn't have mattered. How about this: If a defense held the other team scoreless until the last minute and lost 0-7, would you say the defense was the reason they lost? Of course not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3